PDA

View Full Version : Pure Wolf Druid

jrzold1
05-14-2014, 05:32 PM
Hey guys I would like to tr one of my characters into a Pure Horc Wolf druid. I don't necessarily know how to build one well and would like any help that I can get.

unbongwah
05-15-2014, 10:59 AM
Pure wolf builds are at a disadvantage compared to MCed wolf builds (esp. Drunks), due to lack of feats and the lack of +[W] modifiers w/out monk splash. It's still doable, it's just suboptimal.

Presuming you want a STR-based build, the tricky part is figuring out what to do with your feats, since you only get 10 (7 heroic + 3 epic). The must-haves IMHO are Imp Crit Blunt and Power Atk (or Precision). After that, it's a question of priorities:

Doublestrike bonuses: Shield Mastery, ISM, Natural Fighting x3 will add 26% doublestrike; twisting in Legendary SM adds another +7%.
TWF feats (https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/424332-TWF-feats-now-work-with-Wolf-and-Bear-forms-is-this-wai): currently these will boost your wolf/bear DPS. It has been confirmed this is not WAI (something to do with how they recoded TWF in U19, IIRC); but AFAIK it hasn't been fixed yet, so you might wish to exploit it while you can. Plus you might be better off with regular dual-wielding until you have Winter Wolf form.
Cleave & GC: for the AoEs, duh. :) Plus Essence of the Shrike can proc on any regular or Cleave atk, so that just means more chances of getting free temp SPs.
Metamagics: I like having Quicken & Emp Heal at the very least; Maximize is good for your no-save DPS spells like Gtr Creeping Cold and Ice Storm.