PDA

View Full Version : Wolf Elf druid and Elven Weapon Training

Iriale
03-22-2014, 06:02 PM
An elf druid in animal form benefits from the racial enhancements "Elven Weapon Training" and "Elven grace"?

Tilomere
03-24-2014, 02:00 AM
An elf druid in animal form benefits from the racial enhancements "Elven Weapon Training" and "Elven grace"?

You gain most treasure effects on weapons. Enhancement level, stuff listed in the description box, like fiery 1d6.

Weapon properties like crit profile, damage and attack stats, etc. that are found on a non-magical version of the weapon you don't get. These are base and not treasure effects.

Iriale
03-24-2014, 06:09 AM
You gain most treasure effects on weapons. Enhancement level, stuff listed in the description box, like fiery 1d6.

Weapon properties like crit profile, damage and attack stats, etc. that are found on a non-magical version of the weapon you don't get. These are base and not treasure effects.
I know, but the enhancements give dex to damage and a bonus to hit and damage. A wolf druid beneficts from these enhancements? A wolf elf druid can use his dex to damage if he has elven grace? And the bonus to hit and damage? (well, i dont want elven grace, but I want the bonus to hit and damage)

unbongwah
03-24-2014, 08:56 AM
Interesting question: animal-form atks are supposed to qualify as unarmed and thus weapon-specific bonuses no longer apply; but Turbine seems to have coded shapeshifting "wrong," so you see all sorts of unintended consequences (e.g., TWF applying to animal-forms isn't WAI).

I.e., beats me - why don't you make a dummy elf druid to test it out & let us know how it goes? :o

bartosy
03-27-2014, 04:06 PM
Pretty sure i saw the Question before and people concluded it didnt work.

unbongwah
03-27-2014, 08:02 PM
I've read people claim that the core PrE enhs like Dagger in the Back and Stick Fighting carry over to animal forms (if you have the right weapons equipped, natch); but the static weapon bonuses like Staff Training and racial Weapon Training don't. [See what I mean about funny coding? :rolleyes:] But I haven't tried testing it myself.