PDA

View Full Version : 34 point barb build?

kibadog2
03-16-2014, 11:32 PM
So i'm pretty set that my next life is going to be barbarian. The only issue is i have no idea how to build a barbarian. I'm asking for somebody to essentially give me a guide that holds my hand through the building process. I'm looking for tank btw.

lyrecono
03-17-2014, 01:57 AM
So i'm pretty set that my next life is going to be barbarian. The only issue is i have no idea how to build a barbarian. I'm asking for somebody to essentially give me a guide that holds my hand through the building process. I'm looking for tank btw.

just a past life?
Do you mind multiclassing?
What gear do you have? Do you have a lot of 2 handed or 1 handed weapons lying around? any trapgear, what tomes have you eaten already?
Doing bard6/rog6/barb 8 will give you trapskills, self buffs, high saves&evasion and decent quarterstaf dps
With propper gear, this will allow you to "tank" anything heroic, besides raid bosses.

Munkenmo
03-17-2014, 04:05 AM
google pastlifenmo.

unbongwah
03-17-2014, 01:01 PM
Have a look at the Battleragers (https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/428187-The-Battleragers-12-barbarian-4-Favored-Soul-4-Rogue) thread. A heavy cleric or FvS splash helps address some of barb's shortcomings, namely lack of self-heals (Ameliorating Strike); also nets you Divine Might. Rgr instead of rog would also work, if you'd rather have extra ranged feats (take PBS + Manyshot ofc), Ram's Might, and +10% offhand procs from Tempest instead of Evasion and rog skills.

kibadog2
03-18-2014, 12:41 AM
just a past life?
Do you mind multiclassing?
What gear do you have? Do you have a lot of 2 handed or 1 handed weapons lying around? any trapgear, what tomes have you eaten already?
Doing bard6/rog6/barb 8 will give you trapskills, self buffs, high saves&evasion and decent quarterstaf dps
With propper gear, this will allow you to "tank" anything heroic, besides raid bosses.

I have a +2 tome for all stats but int and chr, i have all pieces but the scroll to make an epic Sword of Shadows, my current life is ranger so i do have barbarian worthy armor. I do not mind multiclassing at all.

elcagador
03-18-2014, 04:50 PM
https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/436179-Dwarven-Occult-Slayer-Pure-Barbarian-Build

Qhualor
03-18-2014, 05:01 PM
depends what kind of barb you want to play. theres some Frankenstein builds, but if you want to play pure and rely on CSW/SF pots you just max out str and con. any left over points put into dex. if you go dwarf, don't need to max str or invest in it if you take the enhancement Throw Your Weight Around using axes, hammers or picks. instead max con and at least put enough in str to not be burdened like maybe 14 or 16. level ups in con.