PDA

View Full Version : Positive Spell POWER!

hkusp45
02-10-2014, 11:03 AM
I'm running a Cleric & my goal is Highest Positive spell power & most Spell points, I'm lvl28 3561 spell points wis64 , spell power 551. using the warpriest tree to gain the 2 wisdom then all other points into radiant tree,I know if I were to put all points into radiant tree I could get more spell power but I want the wisdom from warpriest for my sp. my heal skill is at 92 as that adds to positive spell power.
my devotion item is +144 bonus , I think there is a +148 devotion item I have just not found it yet, I've done the epic TR for the extra 30 spell power & I have twisted healing hands & fey form as well. So I'm asking how's your clerics Pos spell power ? pretty sure that i'm among a small % of ppl that are building just for positive spell power but if you are id like to know how I stack up ,and if there are any things I might be missing.

Icywave
02-10-2014, 11:34 AM
If you are really going for the maximum possible, in any way, shape or form, you'll need 3x Sun Elf ( Morninglord ) Past lives as well as 3x Artificier Past lives.

But that's in an extreme scenario... you would get +12 from it.

Edit: .. and 3x Sorc + 3x FvS for the SP part... + 120 SP

Mahalko128
02-10-2014, 11:35 AM
Competition to be the best healer? I like it!

Impaqt
02-10-2014, 11:56 AM
Being that anything more than a Empowered [Mass] Heal with a Decent Devotion item is largely useless, I fail to see the point.

hkusp45
02-10-2014, 08:51 PM
Being that anything more than a Empowered [Mass] Heal with a Decent Devotion item is largely useless, I fail to see the point.

The point is to have as much positive spell power as possible ,cause that's what I want...I don't care how useless you think it is .....that's not the point.

Impaqt
02-10-2014, 08:55 PM
The point is to have as much positive spell power as possible ,cause that's what I want...I don't care how useless you think it is .....that's not the point.

well ok then!

hkusp45
02-10-2014, 08:55 PM
If you are really going for the maximum possible, in any way, shape or form, you'll need 3x Sun Elf ( Morninglord ) Past lives as well as 3x Artificier Past lives.

But that's in an extreme scenario... you would get +12 from it.

Edit: .. and 3x Sorc + 3x FvS for the SP part... + 120 SP

doing the past lives for +12 seems ...as you said extreme..but thanks for the info. I guess I will look at the new trees & lvl cap to 30 for spell power bonuses

Icywave
02-10-2014, 09:50 PM
doing the past lives for +12 seems ...as you said extreme..but thanks for the info. I guess I will look at the new trees & lvl cap to 30 for spell power bonuses

To each their play style of course, just providing the info :)

I used to grind countless number of hours in WoW just to get 0.4 additional DPS ... :)

Lonnbeimnech
02-10-2014, 11:21 PM
I think you would get even more spell points by taking a level of wizard and a level of either sorc or fvs. Because the bonus sp that wizards get from high int, and the bonus sp that sorc/fvs get from high cha, you would also get on top of the bonus from high wis that you get from being cleric.

How this would effect your spell power, I'm not sure. It's been years since I played a cleric.

FuzzyDuck81
02-11-2014, 01:58 AM
Crikey that's a lotta spellpower :)

The best any of my characters has is typically about 280ish displayed on character sheet, with empower healing adding +75 on top of that for the things it can apply to, but he's a cleric with deep monk splash... ok, 18monk/2cleric :)

Moltier
02-11-2014, 03:34 AM
I'm running a Cleric & my goal is Highest Positive spell power & most Spell points, I'm lvl28 3561 spell points wis64 , spell power 551. using the warpriest tree to gain the 2 wisdom then all other points into radiant tree,I know if I were to put all points into radiant tree I could get more spell power but I want the wisdom from warpriest for my sp. my heal skill is at 92 as that adds to positive spell power.
my devotion item is +144 bonus , I think there is a +148 devotion item I have just not found it yet, I've done the epic TR for the extra 30 spell power & I have twisted healing hands & fey form as well. So I'm asking how's your clerics Pos spell power ? pretty sure that i'm among a small % of ppl that are building just for positive spell power but if you are id like to know how I stack up ,and if there are any things I might be missing.

Well, clerics are the best if the goal is super high pos power, but i chime in anyway. :)
My 2nd life bard (without epic past life) runs around with ~430 pos spellpower (+metas). I could twist in maybe ~40 more, use better devotion item (138 atm i think) and add citw set for 15 more. So if i would go for it, i could reach 500, but 551 is out of my bard's reach! :)

My spellpoint is ~2350. But actually in game it works like 4k if i dont use any sp regen gear.

SirValentine
02-11-2014, 04:30 AM
So I'm asking how's your clerics Pos spell power ?

In the 200s.

hkusp45
02-11-2014, 10:32 AM
I think some clerics forget how powerful a Aura Burst of healing power can be to undead, my Aura crits for +2k dmg & I crit all the time, with pots I have 23 turns , with Haunted Halls on the way I'm looking forward to slaying some undead.

axel15810
02-11-2014, 10:36 AM
I believe mine is in the 200's as well on my melee cleric. It's nothing spectacular.

It would be interesting to see how much your aura would tick for if you went with human and max heal amp gear/enhancements on this toon.

Impaqt
02-11-2014, 10:39 AM
Ya know, if you really are interested in improving, it would be handy to see exactly how you have come up with the number you already have.

hkusp45
02-11-2014, 11:54 PM
Ya know, if you really are interested in improving, it would be handy to see exactly how you have come up with the number you already have.

besides the feats & enhancements that I mentioned in the original post I use the Citw set ,took epic positive spell power & the spell power pot from using comms of valar . I use greater ador pots as well but that's not figured in my total cause they only last 2min & I have 3 cleric past lives as well . Only way I can see getting more is to put all points into radiant tree & all skill points into heal, but I don't want to sacrifice the SP & I having a high diplo rocks...(waves hand "you don't want to agro me ,go agro someone else")

firemedium_jt
02-12-2014, 11:55 PM
I think some clerics forget how powerful a Aura Burst of healing power can be to undead, my Aura crits for +2k dmg & I crit all the time, with pots I have 23 turns , with Haunted Halls on the way I'm looking forward to slaying some undead.

My Draconic Energy Burst on my CLR17/PAL2/FTR1 does over 2000 mass damage. That is not a critical. It's a fun twist.

He has only 250 positive spell power, but his saves are nice for survivability. Surviving is important to be able to heal. You can't heal when you are dead, lol.

Had some fun melee'n the Dragon in EH VON6 the other day. With my Aura going off no one lost much HP and finished her topped off. I was not in any of my main destinies like US or FOTW and LD. I was trying to farm xp.

Have fun.

hkusp45
02-13-2014, 11:10 AM
My Draconic Energy Burst on my CLR17/PAL2/FTR1 does over 2000 mass damage. That is not a critical. It's a fun twist.

He has only 250 positive spell power, but his saves are nice for survivability. Surviving is important to be able to heal. You can't heal when you are dead, lol.

Had some fun melee'n the Dragon in EH VON6 the other day. With my Aura going off no one lost much HP and finished her topped off. I was not in any of my main destinies like US or FOTW and LD. I was trying to farm xp.

Have fun.

Yeh I have twisted that in at times , I use the Acid Burst & always do over 2k dmg combine that with the cheap spell point cost its a great spell to twist in on certain quests.

Arcanegrin
02-13-2014, 10:07 PM
Guessing your pure cleric, but you could do a small splash for a bit more power.

1 level of monk would get you 10 positive spell power from 1 point in shintao core, also has a heal enhancement for 3 more power, and if I'm right you could use water stance for +2 wisdom and +2 saving throws -2 str. As mentioned in another thread (https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/422593-Post-expansion-DC-divine-theory-crafting) you can get full monk stance with 3 feats, which is worth more then Cleric capstone +2 wis.
1 level of ranger could get you 10 positive from 1 core in deepwood stalker, and an additional 20 from deepwood stalker enhancements, Increased Empathy and Versatile Empathy
1 level of druid gets you 15 positive from Extra Wild Empathy

Other sources:

Gauntlets of Immortality - +20 heal competence
+6 wisdom skill item
Halfling Race: 3 heal skill, Heal as SLA, useful in Antimagic Area (requires feat), Leeches (Removes one negative level, one poison, and one disease from your living target once every 3 seconds. Duration is equal to your Heal skill.)

Sun elf: Arcanum +3 spell pen +100 sp, Feywild tap 5 clickies of around 200 sp (doesn't boost actual sp count but certainly boosts performance), 2 clickies for 10000hp heal, all neg levels etc. removed. Aid/Spell Resistance/Deathward clicky, +1 enchant dc - past lives = +3 pos passive (as mentioned earlier).

As you mentioned you didn't put all skill points into Heal so perhaps redoing your ability points or eating tomes for more INT so you have free skill points to max heal.

Altrelo
02-27-2014, 02:50 PM
besides the feats & enhancements that I mentioned in the original post I use the Citw set ,took epic positive spell power & the spell power pot from using comms of valar . I use greater ador pots as well but that's not figured in my total cause they only last 2min & I have 3 cleric past lives as well . Only way I can see getting more is to put all points into radiant tree & all skill points into heal, but I don't want to sacrifice the SP & I having a high diplo rocks...(waves hand "you don't want to agro me ,go agro someone else")

Are you counting metamagics? Would be nice to see your heal or mass heal on someone without heal amp just for curiosity sake's.

hkusp45
06-06-2014, 06:25 PM
Update . with the new DC destiny I have now hit 618 positive spell power

hkusp45
07-25-2014, 10:51 AM
Update 638 positive spell power , to answer your question Im using the shown number by scrolling over spell power in char sheet.

firemedium_jt
07-26-2014, 11:53 AM
Ok, You won't let this go, and keep bumping it up.

I am calling this out as a Troll thread. ;)

bibliomane
02-09-2015, 09:53 AM
672 on the end of (epic) life self buff only healing respec test. -2 heroic lives, 24 epic lives. I could push this number higher with bard buffs.
http://i60.tinypic.com/vdhmky.jpg

Gregen
03-06-2015, 01:03 AM
My goal is similar. I don't think I can get my Positive spell power as high as yours. After I'm done with Epic Past Lives, at level 28 I should have about 485 Positive spell power, 510 with Pacifism, 610 with Reborn in Light. I'm working on getting Tokala's Belt, that'll be another +20 using Greater Ardor. Spell points around 3.2 or 3.3k.

I'm also going for Light, Fire, and Force spell power and spell crits. If I use Positive Energy Aura during moment of radiance it crits 80% of the time. My Light crits should be 30something%. Fire and Force probably ~15%.
I actually split my enhancement trees Radiant Servant 58 / Divine Disciple 22, so I could get 3 more positive spell power than if I went pure Radiant Servant by taking all tiers of Spellpower: Universal. Other DD points went into universal crits and Divine Vitality.

My other goal is to get Turn Undead as high as I can. I have 36 CHA right now, should be able to get it to 40 with a better tome and gear. I have the maximum bonus to Turn Undead from items EXCEPT for the Radiant Servant set from the Tower of Despair items (Tokala's Belt and Radiant Ring), which I'll get eventually.

firemedium_jt
03-12-2015, 10:22 PM
672 on the end of (epic) life self buff only healing respec test. -2 heroic lives, 24 epic lives. I could push this number higher with bard buffs.
http://i60.tinypic.com/vdhmky.jpg

+36 Reflex is kinda low.

With decent CHR there and you added PAL2, how much positive spell power would you lose (or gain even)?

Nice Wisdom.

bibliomane
03-20-2015, 01:13 PM
+36 Reflex is kinda low.

With decent CHR there and you added PAL2, how much positive spell power would you lose (or gain even)?

Nice Wisdom.

I usually dump things around and my reflex goes way down during the respect test. I usually run around with closer to 600 in most epic quests. This is what I can get by dumping everything else.