PDA

View Full Version : Point me in the right direction - THF kensi monk build.... that can self heal

Cadelar
01-17-2014, 05:10 PM
Hi

Coming back to the game and my other half is TRing her monk and i want to join her, going to TR my barb (1st life pally, 2nd life barb) into a THF toon (must start level 1 so no bladeforge)

After at least 6 monk levels for shadow veil and the rest is up for grabs but have an ESOS and a few other weapons that i'd like to use

must be able to self heal in epics tho so please point me in the right direction and i can get the toon going ASAP

thanks

Cade

Munkenmo
01-17-2014, 07:20 PM
Make a bladeforge, choose not to take all 15 levels immediately, play with you partner and level gradually when she does.

Your healing options on a kensai monk are otherwise quite limited in heroics. Once you get into epics, twist in the ability rejuvination cocoon. Its effected by empower heal.

If youve got enough umd gear to use heal scrolls on a character with only half ranks in umd, a human12fighter,6monk,2cleric will be pretty decent to level, moderately good amp + scroll mastery will allow heal scrolls to fully heal you in heroics, + you can qualify for empower heal in epics. The 4d4 healing every 2 seconds from divine healing (radiant servant tier 2) also goes a ling way in heroics.

If you dont have enough umd gear, a 2 arti splash will get you full ranks in umd, still has scroll mastery, it should get you through heroics just fine, but youll have slightly less healing in epics. Putting ranks into open locks can be useful too.

Cadelar
01-18-2014, 02:29 AM
So that would be going for a build like https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/433254-Cetus-The-Supreme-Bladeforged-Fighter?

looking at that build it doesn't get empower heal as needs more pally levels to qualify? what method do people use to get empower heal on a bladeforge or is it not required because of the reconstruct sla?

Munkenmo
01-18-2014, 03:02 AM
Correct, theres no need for empower healing or rejuvination cocoon when you have reconstruct.

Cadelar
01-18-2014, 03:36 AM
only have +3 and +4 tomes on the toon i'm going for...... may have to play around with stats to still get multi shot.......... or should i just go pure melee......... ranged adds things tho

trial4221
01-27-2014, 08:46 PM
you could also try 12fighter/4monk/4fvs(or cleric) for warpfriest and get a free AOE heal every 15 seconds and go fleshy human sounds good, halfling for even more heals

Battlehawke
01-28-2014, 12:26 AM
Check out the link in my signature. Lots of centered thf kensai monks under the melee dps are.

DaSawks
02-04-2014, 09:27 PM
The "easy button" would be to take Helf with the cleric Dil. monk, kensi, with enough investment in wisdom. Dang phone is killingnme.