PDA

View Full Version : Tempest Help

FranOhmsford
01-12-2014, 07:16 AM
OK So my 2nd Life Tempest is Lvl 18 - 12 Ranger / 6 Fighter and Not going to be Insta TRing upon hitting 20.

Elf Scimitar user.

What should I do with the final 2 Levels:

Ranger 14?
Fighter 8?
Something else - Don't say Monk!

Obviously Not Rogue either as I didn't take it at Lvl 1!

sebastianosmith
01-12-2014, 08:36 AM
Hummm...

Ranger 14 will net you CSW and not much else. Fighter 8 gets another combat feat and a few more HP. It's a toss up depending on your play style and needs.

Interesting suggestions:

Palli 2, depending on alignment and charisma of course, for saves and a quick LoH.

Barb 2 for more PA, a tiny bit of rage and movement speed.

FvS or Cleric to open up Warpriest which has lots of goodies if you want to spend the AP.

I guess it all depends on what you want to do.

Garix
01-12-2014, 08:58 AM
If you're TRing as soon as you hit 20 then it's only the level 19 class that matters. Barb for movement bump (do they still get it at level 1?) Sorc/Wiz for level 1 arcane scrolls (most likely no use but hey it's an option!).

Personally I'd just add a couple of ranger or Fighter levels. As it's only for one level any additions are going to have minimal effect on anything you're running

EDIT: Ignore . I missed the rather important word "Not" in your OP....:(

unbongwah
01-12-2014, 02:28 PM
I'd suggest either ftr 8 for extra feat & Keen Edge; or pal 2 for Div Grace (if LG ofc). Or maybe a cleric / FvS splash just for Div Might? Rgr 14 for a lvl 4 spell slot isn't bad; but I prefer rgr 15 as a stopping point (2nd lvl 4 slot & extra FE) and that's not an option in your case.

FranOhmsford
01-12-2014, 02:58 PM
I'd suggest either ftr 8 for extra feat & Keen Edge; or pal 2 for Div Grace (if LG ofc). Or maybe a cleric / FvS splash just for Div Might? Rgr 14 for a lvl 4 spell slot isn't bad; but I prefer rgr 15 as a stopping point (2nd lvl 4 slot & extra FE) and that's not an option in your case.

Actually took 20 a few minutes ago - 12 Ranger / 8 Fighter.

Did consider the Warpriest idea but went for the Fighter Feat and Spring Attack instead.

Thanks for the help guys.