PDA

View Full Version : Morninglords

Jasparion
01-07-2014, 05:20 PM
A question about the following Racial Enhancement and Cleric/FvS Enhancement:

Morninglord Race:
Morninglord Weapon Training: +1 to hit and damage with Morningstars, Maces, and one-handed Hammers. +1 to hit and +2 to damage with Mauls.

Cleric Warpriest:
Righteous Weapons: When wielding your religion's favored weapon, it gains +1 to its Enhancement Bonus.

Now I look here to see what the favored weapon is for Amaunator:

http://ddowiki.com/page/Deities#Churches

But unfortunately it is not there.

I assume the favored weapon for Amaunator is Heavy Mace, because you get one in the Starting Gear, and because the Blessing is for Heavy Mace (http://ddowiki.com/page/Favored_by_Amaunator)?

Thanks.

Silverleafeon
01-07-2014, 05:28 PM
I assume the favored weapon for Amaunator is Heavy Mace, because you get one in the Starting Gear, and because the Blessing is for Heavy Mace (http://ddowiki.com/page/Favored_by_Amaunator)?

Thanks.

To the best of my knowledge and I worked on a build with this, heavy mace is your only favored weapon.

Jasparion
01-07-2014, 05:35 PM
To the best of my knowledge and I worked on a build with this, heavy mace is your only favored weapon.

Yeah I thought this would be the case, but figured I should check.

I also note that Light Hammers are combined with Picks for the Kensei weapon groups, and not in with Maces. So I will need to remember this as well !

Enoach
01-07-2014, 06:10 PM
I can confirm that Heavy Maces are the "favored" weapon as it concerns the War Priest Line.

However, the Morninglord enhancements don't give the ability to use without penalty, but they do give bonus to these types of weapons. Use of master's touch spell or using a feat to remove the penalty.

Jasparion
01-07-2014, 06:31 PM
I can confirm that Heavy Maces are the "favored" weapon as it concerns the War Priest Line.

However, the Morninglord enhancements don't give the ability to use without penalty, but they do give bonus to these types of weapons. Use of master's touch spell or using a feat to remove the penalty.

Heavy Mace is a Simple weapon, isnt it? Shouldnt be a problem there?

Though I will be taking 8 levels of Fighter (or 6 levels of Ranger depending on the final build decision) so I am okay either way :)

Antheal
01-08-2014, 02:53 AM

Well that's just stupid. That's "we don't know what the hell we were doing when we developed this" levels of stupid.

Can they at least use a Bow like every other Elf ever?

Iriale
01-08-2014, 07:14 AM
Well that's just stupid. That's "we don't know what the hell we were doing when we developed this" levels of stupid.

Can they at least use a Bow like every other Elf ever?
Morninglords don’t have bow or rapier proficiency, don’t have elven senses bonus, don’t have enchantment save bonus, and don’t have immunity to sleep feat.

Sun elves don’t have any racial feature, yeah. Pretty idea for an expensive race.

And if you think that morninglord is not iconic for a sun elf (high wizard is the iconic for this race!)… This iconic is a big and expensive joke.

But heavy mace is a simple weapon. First cleric level gives proficiency with simple weapons. Morninglord only lose the proficience if you LR this first level to wizard.

unbongwah
01-08-2014, 09:01 AM
Morninglords don’t have bow or rapier proficiency, don’t have elven senses bonus, don’t have enchantment save bonus, and don’t have immunity to sleep feat.
I don't know about the rest, but MLs definitely get Enchantment Lore.

Iriale
01-08-2014, 10:09 AM
I don't know about the rest, but MLs definitely get Enchantment Lore.
Enchantment lore is an enhancement. Elven keen senses, immunity to sleep and racial saving throw bonus against enchantment are FEATS, automatic and free feats that elves receive as racial features. Morminglords don't obtain these feats, don't obtain ANY racial feature.

FoggyKnight
01-28-2014, 08:37 AM
A question about the following Racial Enhancement and Cleric/FvS Enhancement:

Morninglord Race:
Morninglord Weapon Training: +1 to hit and damage with Morningstars, Maces, and one-handed Hammers. +1 to hit and +2 to damage with Mauls.

Cleric Warpriest:
Righteous Weapons: When wielding your religion's favored weapon, it gains +1 to its Enhancement Bonus.

Now I look here to see what the favored weapon is for Amaunator:

http://ddowiki.com/page/Deities#Churches

But unfortunately it is not there.

Thanks.

Booted up a lvl 1 Morninglord to check, and under feats you get the class feat of "Favored by Amaunator": "You are proficient with heavy maces and get +1 to hit with them."

Impaqt
01-28-2014, 08:46 AM
I have no idea what the deal is with Morninglord....

They get RANGED core enhancements.. But dont actually get any Ranged proficiency.

They are "Clerics", but get INT as their Core enhancement ability....

so stupid.

I imagine it happened something like this.....

Boss: "the population thinks we hate clerics.. lets make an iconic cleric instead of an iconic wizard"

Programmer: "But sir, I'm already done. It will take a couple weeks to refit it as a cleric"

Boss: "Ya got 1 day. Do what ya can and maybe we'll tweak it later"

Iriale
01-29-2014, 05:10 PM
The iconic of the race in pnp is wizard, so, yes, it's a wrong iconic idea.

But the morninglords will receive their lost racial feats in the next update: "Morninglords now have most traits of Elves, including proficiency with Longbows, Shortbows, Rapiers, Longswords, immunity to sleep effects, inherent saving throws vs. enchantments, and bonuses to Listen, Search, and Spot."

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/376774-Lamannia-Release-Notes-%28Last-Updated-1-23-2014%29

Good news, i was very upset with the ML.

shadowowl
01-30-2014, 10:04 AM
The iconic of the race in pnp is wizard, so, yes, it's a wrong iconic idea.

But the morninglords will receive their lost racial feats in the next update: "Morninglords now have most traits of Elves, including proficiency with Longbows, Shortbows, Rapiers, Longswords, immunity to sleep effects, inherent saving throws vs. enchantments, and bonuses to Listen, Search, and Spot."

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/376774-Lamannia-Release-Notes-%28Last-Updated-1-23-2014%29

Good news, i was very upset with the ML.
well that's good because specially the no prof with bows was really stupid since they have access to the arcane archer tree. it's not the ideal race for an AA but if they are going to give it access to the tree at least give them prof with bows.

Irenae
02-12-2014, 12:36 PM
I never liked Morninglords much, as they start with a lowered Constitution score but are decidedly favoring the warpriest tree. These 2 things when combined do not help to make a good build.

cru121
02-12-2014, 12:54 PM
minor hijack: I find the Morninglord racial enhancements tree extremely expensive

Jasparion
02-12-2014, 04:14 PM
And apart from having to be a Cleric for the first level, would make fantastic Wizards.

So little thought seems to have gone in to this one, compared to Bladeforged - which is completely UBER at everything.

Its taken them 6 months to give Bow proficiency for free - when the tree opens up AA...

bennyson
03-02-2014, 12:13 PM
I tried to make a Morninglord work for me, but the idea of the iconic is rather dum

Aasmiar were playable races in FR because they were more common there than in Eberron, so they would have been a better choice for an Iconic cleric

Sun Elves should have been made the High Wizard iconic in the first place

Uska
03-02-2014, 12:58 PM
I tried to make a Morninglord work for me, but the idea of the iconic is rather dum

Aasmiar were playable races in FR because they were more common there than in Eberron, so they would have been a better choice for an Iconic cleric

Sun Elves should have been made the High Wizard iconic in the first place

Aasmiar were an optional race in FR our gm didn't allow any + races

DogMania
03-02-2014, 01:29 PM
And apart from having to be a Cleric for the first level, would make fantastic Wizards.

So little thought seems to have gone in to this one, compared to Bladeforged - which is completely UBER at everything.

Its taken them 6 months to give Bow proficiency for free - when the tree opens up AA...

Yep use a +1 reincarnation and change the 1st life to wizard and you have an excellent wizard