PDA

View Full Version : Robe or Medium armor?

mikarddo
12-27-2013, 03:52 AM
Greetings

Do you prefer using a robe (higher dodge cap) or medium armor (higher prr) on a pure FvS?

Eth
12-27-2013, 04:18 AM
Greetings

Do you prefer using a robe (higher dodge cap) or medium armor (higher prr) on a pure FvS?

Generally I'd say Dodge > PRR.
So just chose your armor according to your dodge chance (max Dex bonus on armor = your max dodge chance; 25% for no armor, pajamas and robes).

Some examples (based on flawless black, white, blue dragon armors):
your dodge chance = 20 - 25%: robe
your dodge chance = 9 - 19%: light armor
your dodge chance = 3 - 8%: medium armor
your dodge chance = 0 - 2%: heavy armor

Note: Increase the value by 2% if you chose to put a 2% nimbleness in your blue augment slot of your armor.

SirValentine
12-27-2013, 08:31 AM
If you're, for example, crafting up some Blue scale, you actually have to make that choice. But if you're using some specific named armor, the choice is already made for you. I'm a fan of Leaves of the Forest, for instance, which is Medium.

Matuse
12-27-2013, 10:46 AM
Heavily influencing this decision is exactly how much dodge you can reasonably get. FvS aren't exactly swimming in excess feats. If you splash monk or fighter, you could conceivably spend some feats on Dodge/Mobility/Spring Attack, but otherwise you're probably just looking at +10 for a top dodge item, and +1 whenever you are hasted. If you are comparing to blue dragonscale, thats 11 vs 8, and I'd much rather have the PRR than 3% more dodge.

Now, if you've got 3 Shadar Kai past lives, and can afford the 3 feats needed for the +7 from D/M/SA, then you're looking at 8 vs 20 for blue scale vs blue robe. That's a notable difference.

mikarddo
12-27-2013, 02:58 PM
Thanks, good input.