PDA

View Full Version : Can clerics get shortsword as favored weapons?

TheGardes
12-06-2013, 11:31 AM
with 1+ levels of monk, you can take the ninja spy enhancement, giving proficiency with short swords. Also, when you log in, you get a message that you're the favored of vulkoor, blah blah, much like you do if you chose the sovereign host (long sword proficiency) as a cleric.

if you chose ninja spy, and then took the war priest enhancement line, righteous weapons, will that bonus apply to short swords?
Also, how can you check if it really does treat the weapons as a spell casting implement (giving an implement bonus to sp) ? Curious how to even tell what the spell power bonus my character has.

I read that righteous weapons adds a "magic" damage type to the weapon, and it breaks the DR breaking abilities of celestia. that leads me to believe that you can get righteous weapons applying to short swords, but curious.. "how" and how to tell?

Ailia
12-06-2013, 11:35 AM
with 1+ levels of monk, you can take the ninja spy enhancement, giving proficiency with short swords. Also, when you log in, you get a message that you're the favored of vulkoor, blah blah, much like you do if you chose the sovereign host (long sword proficiency) as a cleric.

if you chose ninja spy, and then took the war priest enhancement line, righteous weapons, will that bonus apply to short swords?
Also, how can you check if it really does treat the weapons as a spell casting implement (giving an implement bonus to sp) ? Curious how to even tell what the spell power bonus my character has.

I read that righteous weapons adds a "magic" damage type to the weapon, and it breaks the DR breaking abilities of celestia. that leads me to believe that you can get righteous weapons applying to short swords, but curious.. "how" and how to tell?

Drow.

Matuse
12-07-2013, 12:09 AM

Only if you're a Drow following Vulkoor.

In the main character window there's a little purple crystal icon. Mouseover that and it will tell you what your current spellpower in each category is. Equip a +1 shortsword with no other abilities, and you'd see your spellpower go up.

I read that righteous weapons adds a "magic" damage type to the weapon, and it breaks the DR breaking abilities of celestia.

Yes, lots of things break Celestia.

that leads me to believe that you can get righteous weapons applying to short swords, but curious.. "how" and how to tell?

If you open the feat window and you see "Follower of Vulkoor" listed, then you can get Righteous Weapons applying to short swords.

Rhaphael
12-09-2013, 02:05 AM
Also, how can you check if it really does treat the weapons as a spell casting implement (giving an implement bonus to sp)?

Equip your favored weapon. It will list implement bonus to spellpower.

Unequip your favored weapon. It will no longer list it.

Munkenmo
12-09-2013, 04:33 AM

The Warpriest Favored weapon enhancements definately break celestia :( (need to be drow in order for shortswords to be your racial favored weapon.)

See here :( (https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/427791-Drow-Warpriest-and-Celestias-%28)

TheGardes
12-09-2013, 09:53 AM
Thanks for the responses all. Was very helpful. I am a little bummed a non-drow cleric can't be a follower of vulkoor tho.