PDA

View Full Version : Potions of wonder - best thing in DDO

Teh_Troll
12-02-2013, 02:16 PM
Nothing better than having a person stuck in a bear-trap while the rest of the party surrounds him and chain-chugs potions of wonder . . .

Serious question . . . these are WAI right? As in the INTENTION of pots of wonder is for us to chug them to try to blow-up our party-members with a bomb.

Since this is intended . . . its can't be greifing right?

LOOON375
12-02-2013, 02:19 PM
. . . its can't be greifing right?It's all in the intent. Trying to be funny is one thing, but it can turn into griefing if you are just trying to blow up people you don't know.

voodoogroves
12-02-2013, 02:26 PM
I take them at every opportunity and send them all to the same toon.

I think I have 283 on him right now. Last time I drank them in quantity was during an at-level Prove Your Worth on elite. It was glorious.

Teh_Troll
12-02-2013, 02:27 PM
It's all in the intent. Trying to be funny is one thing, but it can turn into griefing if you are just trying to blow up people you don't know.

So if I'm looking for quad-damage and I just happen to drop a bomb it's all good right?

Teh_Ghoul
12-02-2013, 02:29 PM
Chugging them in the blue dragon room next to the dragon is fun.

lipidoidal_maniac
12-02-2013, 02:31 PM
Still looking for wands of wonder.

Teh_Troll
12-03-2013, 07:50 AM
Still looking for wands of wonder.

Ummmm . . . targetable . . .

Make it so Turbine.

nibel
12-03-2013, 07:59 AM
Actually, I tested potions of wonder for weeks after FoS changed their randomness list. Including donations, I must have drank over 1k potions and noted down the results. Ignoring level drains and inflict spells (all blocked by death ward), you have only 4 negative effects in the list worth of notice (excluding exceptionally rare stuff, like the explosive barrel nuke):

- Shavarath Blades
- Droaam Charges
- Exhaustion
- Heavy Gravity

Everything else is positive effects. So, drink and love.

Miow
12-03-2013, 08:00 AM
I take them at every opportunity and send them all to the same toon.

I think I have 283 on him right now. Last time I drank them in quantity was during an at-level Prove Your Worth on elite. It was glorious.

I only have about 200 i'm so jealous of you.

Teh_Troll
12-03-2013, 08:12 AM
I only have about 200 i'm so jealous of you.

DDO store for 1 point each. It is so worth it.

Teh_Troll
12-03-2013, 08:13 AM
Actually, I tested potions of wonder for weeks after FoS changed their randomness list. Including donations, I must have drank over 1k potions and noted down the results. Ignoring level drains and inflict spells (all blocked by death ward), you have only 4 negative effects in the list worth of notice (excluding exceptionally rare stuff, like the explosive barrel nuke):

- Shavarath Blades
- Droaam Charges
- Exhaustion
- Heavy Gravity

Everything else is positive effects. So, drink and love.

I'm sorry, I cannot call those negative effects.

voodoogroves
12-03-2013, 08:21 AM
DDO store for 1 point each. It is so worth it.

Pay to AWESOME

Ivan_Milic
12-03-2013, 08:38 AM
Someone killed me with that bomb the other day in eh von5 :D

Singular
12-03-2013, 08:45 AM
On Thelanis, I've really only seen them as a griefing tool. I suppose the game needs one...grrrr!

LawfulEvil
12-03-2013, 08:55 AM
I hold some in reserve and will drink a 6-pack as soon as someone pumpkin heads me. They do really add more fun to the game. To all you potion of wonder haters, lighten up.

Teh_Ghoul
12-03-2013, 09:07 AM
I'm sorry, I cannot call those negative effects.
Exactly those are why you drink them.

Qaptain
12-03-2013, 09:45 AM
Mela Thryn, the antiquities collector in Lordsmarch Plaza, will hook you up with Potions of Wonder in return for Oceanic Spheres, Vials of Heavy Water, and Ritual Candles. Enjoy!

Ivan_Milic
12-03-2013, 09:49 AM
Mela Thryn, the antiquities collector in Lordsmarch Plaza, will hook you up with Potions of Wonder in return for Oceanic Spheres, Vials of Heavy Water, and Ritual Candles. Enjoy!

O yea.

cdr
12-03-2013, 10:09 AM
A good place to chug is where people stand waiting for the portal in shroud p4. Some nice panic thinking the quest is bugged out since Harry isn't doing his speech. Just try not to blow yourself up and actually wipe the quest.

axel15810
12-03-2013, 10:15 AM
A good place to chug is where people stand waiting for the portal in shroud p4. Some nice panic thinking the quest is bugged out since Harry isn't doing his speech. Just try not to blow yourself up and actually wipe the quest.

I always try and do it at the end of raids after the Res Shrine pops up, that way nobody will be mad it's just good fun for everyone involved :D

DrakHar
12-03-2013, 10:17 AM
End of CITW, where Ana and Llloth's cutscene occurs. No escape.

DDOisFree
12-03-2013, 10:18 AM
This one time in EVON6, the whole party for blown up by a droam charge.

The only bad thing is it wasn't me that did it.

Miow
12-03-2013, 10:18 AM

Oceanic spheres are quite rare....this sucks if i had know i would have tried to find out about dupping just so i could make these.

Chai
12-03-2013, 10:43 AM
When someone is setting charges in either of the two quests these bombs appear in and plan to run back to a fall back point, chug the potion of wonder at the fall back point. If timed right, they think they didnt run back far enough. Two or three times and they think the explosive is bugged and just autokills everyone.

Draxis
12-03-2013, 02:49 PM
I always try and do it at the end of raids after the Res Shrine pops up, that way nobody will be mad it's just good fun for everyone involved :D

Especially fun at the end of FoT where anyone you kill has to wait for the death timer anyway, before being able to res. Extra kudos if you stick around and can chain-pk them several times!

viktorserak
12-03-2013, 02:54 PM
Aye. Potion of wonders are the one thig from Ah what I never regret spending TPs on.

Way too much fun.

voodoogroves
12-03-2013, 03:10 PM
Aye. Potion of wonders are the one thig from Ah what I never regret spending TPs on.

Way too much fun.

You know what would be funny?

Instead of a timer on SP pots, make them give you a 30 or 60 second buff. Drink another SP pot in that time period and it fires off a potion of wonder effect too.

I miss potion miscability rules.