PDA

View Full Version : How much is important the 'heal skill'' for a palemaster ?

drathdragon
11-05-2013, 05:17 PM
I am just at lvl10 with my PM and i found that i totally miss that skill
0 points on it.

So i wonder what to do now: LR only for that skill ?

how much is important ?

pls help

Saravis
11-05-2013, 05:22 PM
Considering the amount of skill points that wizards get, its likely that you can just invest in it the rest of the way and get it maxed (11 pts).

digital_terror1
11-05-2013, 05:33 PM
Heal boosts your negative energy spells, so is very important for a Pale Master.

Shame it is still a cross class skill. Turbine should have made it a class skill with the first core pale master ability.

drathdragon
11-05-2013, 05:33 PM
yeah probably i can live without the regrets..

i bought a +11 heal shard and crafted a ring.

but i should remove a +4 protection ring.

how much is important the AC for a PM ? i wonder if i can totally skip the AC to gain in something else more important like Heal skill.

Panzermeyer
11-05-2013, 05:49 PM
how much is important the AC for a PM ? i wonder if i can totally skip the AC to gain in something else more important like Heal skill.

AC is a dump on any caster. Considering that melees can get hit frequently with 70+ AC, spending time on AC boosting is usually a waste cause you will never get it high enough to be meaningful.

Best invest in blur, displace, dodge, PRR, self-healing etc.

Cauthey_No_CCInfo
11-05-2013, 07:37 PM
Almost as important as Ghostbane.

drathdragon
11-06-2013, 05:36 AM
AC is a dump on any caster. Considering that melees can get hit frequently with 70+ AC, spending time on AC boosting is usually a waste cause you will never get it high enough to be meaningful.

Best invest in blur, displace, dodge, PRR, self-healing etc.

now it's finally clear, thanks

edit now: done a LR now i have 21 on Heal skill at lvl10.

Panzermeyer
11-06-2013, 09:27 AM
now it's finally clear, thanks

edit now: done a LR now i have 21 on Heal skill at lvl10.

That will help you in self healing quite a bit. Make sure at some point you also get a nullification/void lore item for you self healing.

mishraif
11-19-2013, 11:04 AM
Heal skill can be useful periodically, I have my heal skill with 11 trained ranks. Its not crucial though, since 11 trained ranks won't mean much anyways when your spell power is over 200 anyways. I don't bother using items with heal skill on it since there are better things to be had instead.

Failedlegend
11-19-2013, 12:48 PM
Displacement + Improved Wraith Form + 25% Dodge = approx 75% miss chance in total so AC is less relevant on a well geared PM BUT if you can get it to around 70ish (My Wiz has 79) it gives you a good backup for enemies with True Seeing and/or Ghost Touch.

As for how important the heal skill is...well at most you can get 11 from skills points so I wouldn't bother...but to b e honest I'm refusing to utilize Heal, Repair and Spellcraft in hopes the devs might take notice if enough people don't use it because they didnt listen to the lammania feedback...so you know my opinion is a bit biased.

bsquishwizzy
11-20-2013, 05:23 PM
yeah probably i can live without the regrets..

i bought a +11 heal shard and crafted a ring.

but i should remove a +4 protection ring.

how much is important the AC for a PM ?

It’s nice to have, but the cost in getting a high AC has a price.

Better to bump PRR and make sure you have heavy fort, which combined with the forms will give you something like 200% fort, which almost guarantees no crits, for what it’s worth.

You’ll also have Displacement and Blur in your stable, so that helps.

Make sure you either scroll-cast, or self-cast Stoneskin. It helps quite a bit.

i wonder if i can totally skip the AC to gain in something else more important like Heal skill.

I would take heal for the main fact that applies to your negative energy rating. Your only other critical skill is Concentration, which depending on who you talk to is either important or a “noob trap.” Balance helps, and UMD is debatable (on a PM it is nice to have, but you can easily live without it). Then there is Diplo, which I’ve personally taken this time around, but never seem to get around to using.

Here are people out there who say you’ll do just fine without Heal. My thoughts are that it is probably something you should invest in.

Edit: Forgot to mention Spellcraft. That is another important one that I think you should take. Better to invest in it as a skill as opposed to trying to compensate.