PDA

View Full Version : Ameliorating Strike, detail questions and calculations...?

mna
11-04-2013, 09:39 PM
(Sorry if this was all already discussed somewhere else, if so pointers in that direction would be nice...?)

How did this Ameliorating Strike thing go again?
Yes, AS is affected by positive spellpower, I get that. It's also at base 1d2 per character level, and affects nearby living allies, but...

Does it work on summons, pets, warforged? Do I need to avoid doing that near friendly palemasters?

Does it count as a spell/SLA...? As in, do any metamagics do anything to it (Do they count as spellpower here or not? Maximize different from Empower Heal here?)? What of the Radiant Servant Intense Healing, or Warpriest's own Sacred Touch?
(Actually, do Maximize/Empower work on Divine Vessel as well...?)

And, I get it that it works for both swings if TWF, right. But for THF, can you get AS to proc on a glancing blow? As in, is it a "normal swing" that can get glancing blows at all, and if yes, does AS proc 1) on any damage 2) only when "effects" go off 3) not at all?
What of doublestrikes?

firemedium_jt
11-04-2013, 10:08 PM
I like it.

Even if it does none of that. It heals for about 200 to most everyone around me in Epic.

It is 2W too. Good enough for me.

I don't burst as much now because of it. Leaves more turns for Aura.

I do notice some times I hit and the heal does not go off. It does not happen that often and usually when moving and hitting. Anyone know why?

It is a nice supplement to healing IMHO. You could get it around Char lvl 4-5 before you qualify for burst.

I always use it for cheap healing.

It does not have a hotkey selection for metas, but if you turned the metas themselves on who knows? I usually leave Empower Heal on all the time by default now, so I will see if it affects it.

mna
11-06-2013, 02:44 AM
Does it count as a spell/SLA...? As in, do any metamagics do anything to it (Do they count as spellpower here or not? Maximize different from Empower Heal here?)?

Quick testing seems to point to Empower Heal and Maximize not doing anything for AS. As in, I respecced one toon for that, and during a quick test run I turned both feats off and there was no change in the healing output.

Vellrad
11-06-2013, 03:52 AM
It works on palemasters, only if they're dual weilding ghostbane dwarven axes of negative energy spike.