PDA

View Full Version : Did the WF Juggernaut get ruined by the enhancement pass?

Tuffgar
09-28-2013, 12:53 AM
The last time I played DDO I was in the middle of levelling a WF Juggernaut, following more or less the build under the original Prime of the Warforged post. 16Arti/2 pal/2monk

But as far as I can tell on my first look through the enhancements and some of the forum posts, things don't really work all that well for the Juggernaut anymore. Is there a version of it out there that is optimized for the new enhancements? Or should I just take my +20 heart of wood and start from scratch?

Rubbinns
09-28-2013, 07:48 AM
Probably would have been better if you posted this in the Jugg thread.

Sireth centered or Nightmares 2wf get more use from new pass than original Cleaver/ESoS build. Still the original builds remain good and new pass gives more than what is lost from battle engineer line.

Soulfurnace
09-28-2013, 07:50 AM
Juggers got a buff, albeit small. So yeah, they're better.

Other builds got a bigger buff though, so.. who knows. (Although, 2x nightmare jugger is fun)

Tuffgar
09-28-2013, 04:01 PM
Thanks for the replies.

I did make a post in the original thread, but have yet to get a response. Is there an actual build designed for the enhancement pass that I can take a look at? Or is it still too new and people are working things out?

droid327
09-29-2013, 11:32 PM
I think part of the problem is that Pal and Monk got very little in terms of attacks that work with 2HF (except qstaff) or BS....so not a nerf, but a proxy nerf because classes like Rogue and Ranger got a lot more. There just isn't any obvious plug-and-play enhancements that complement the classical Juggy build very well.

Heck, you might consider going with a TWF Shortsword (Ninja Spy) version, using a lot of Fists of Iron, which AFAIK should work with Centered weapons now. Get two Celestias and call it the "IG-110 Juggernaught" :)

Tuffgar
10-19-2013, 06:18 AM
Well, from my understanding, the point of taking 2 paladin levels was for saves and access to martial weapons. The point of Monk was to gain evasion and extra feats.

But you're right, the new enhancements do very little for melee at all. It still works. You won't be a complete gimp, especially with decent gear. But you won't be amazing anyone with your DPS either.

vampiregoat69
10-19-2013, 07:45 AM
I used to hit like a freight train now mine hits like a little girl with a teddy bear so they destroyed the build NOT enhanced it at all. Turned mine into a bank toon and made me mad.