PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a couple good builds for getting druid past lives.

redoubt
09-01-2013, 10:10 PM
I'd like to do one as a caster and one life as a melee. Anyone have some fun builds to level with they don't mind sharing?

Thanks.

Charononus
09-01-2013, 10:17 PM
I'd like to do one as a caster and one life as a melee. Anyone have some fun builds to level with they don't mind sharing?

Thanks.

For caster just use flameblade early levels and stay pure, with evocation spell focus, mental toughness lines. Then your meta's with heighten being the least important as only a handful of druid spells can be heightened.

For melee I liked going with a 9druid/9monk/2fighter build. You fight unarmed with handwraps and you get the monk bonuses to your die step so 2.5(1d10) when you get 8 monk and reinforced fists, the number just goes up from their with epic wraps and ed's. I went wis based mostly with 1 level up in str to hit 23 str for oc. Feats were natural fighting x3, quicken, empower healing, ic, power attack, cleave, great cleave, precision, toughness, stunning fist though not in that order.

jalont
09-01-2013, 10:48 PM
For your caster life (well both really) make sure you actually take the melee pre while leveling and take Reaving Roar. It's been nerfed, but I can't imagine it's useless. Honestly, druids get a lot of hate, but a Reaving Roar + caster druid was my second easiest and fastest life.

If I were making a melee druid now, I'd probably do something like Horc 13 druid/6 barb/1 fighter in fire elemental form. Barbs are a nice splash option now, but I haven't actually built this yet. It's just something I'm kicking around. I really didn't like animal forms that much.