PDA

View Full Version : A thousand cuts - Long cool down is way to long?

SiliconShadow
08-20-2013, 04:16 AM
I find myself actually waiting for the cooldown before red names, heavily slowing down the game.

Now I feel I have my tempest back, I have his dodge up to 29~32 in primal, his attack speed is greatly enhanced, lacking severely though in the double strike department compared to fighters and Monks, and this skill if the cooldown halved would bring us in line.

..and yes I screamed Bankai when I charged the final boss in a quest last night as I struck him and totally annihilated him and it was fun, but it wasn't much different to the fighter in the party normally.

So basically I have to use a 2 minute cooldown clicky to match a fighters kill speed - Anyone else feel this top tier ability is lower in power than say the double strike action boost from druids? or the innate critical threat, double strike and attack speed of fighters?

I may just go 12 ranger / 6 fighter / 2 druid and solve this issue but I can't remember my levelling order.

EllisDee37
08-20-2013, 08:22 PM
I may just go 12 ranger / 6 fighter / 2 druid and solve this issue but I can't remember my levelling order.If you mean for doing a LR, the LR guy tells you each level what class you originally took that level.

nibel
08-20-2013, 09:57 PM
You can also go to Fred and just place your feats in the slot to switch (but not actually switching). It will tell you the class split that you had at the time you took that feat. It works out for you to at least remember partially when you got each class level.

SiliconShadow
08-21-2013, 03:41 AM
You can also go to Fred and just place your feats in the slot to switch (but not actually switching). It will tell you the class split that you had at the time you took that feat. It works out for you to at least remember partially when you got each class level.

It seems the problem with doing it as you LR is that you can only see your current level, because I can't because 4 classes during the LR it means I would have to do a +3 LR afterwards. The problem is I took 1 fighter somewhere around 14 and the other at 20, IF my 19th level is my last rogue level with careful planning I should be able to LR properly to Ranger/Fighter/Druid.

Go 12 ranger / 8 Fighter then wait for I forgot how many days to do the +3.

The problem is my split is 12/6/2 if I was 12/7/1 I would be fine.

I might wait until the new version of DDO char gen is out so I can plan this properly, I can't screw up my most powerful character.

nibel
08-21-2013, 07:24 PM
It seems the problem with doing it as you LR is that you can only see your current level, because I can't because 4 classes during the LR it means I would have to do a +3 LR afterwards. The problem is I took 1 fighter somewhere around 14 and the other at 20, IF my 19th level is my last rogue level with careful planning I should be able to LR properly to Ranger/Fighter/Druid.

First fighter level is easy to pinpoint because it gives you a feat. Just put your feats on the feat change slot until you see a "fighter bonus feat" in a class split with only one fighter level.

Unless, of course, you used your Fighter 1 feat in a pre-requisite feat (like PBS, PA, Dodge, etc) and climbed up the stairs. Then the pre-requisite feat don't show up.