PDA

View Full Version : Exalted Angel questions

CE2JRH123
08-16-2013, 02:19 AM
I've got a cleric that is mostly healing/dc specced. It's working well, but I'm curious as to when you're in exalted angel, what abilities do you use?
6 wisdom --- 12 pts
Avenging Light – 2 pts
Renewal --- 1 pt

Are the obvious ones to me, but that leaves 9 pts for playing around with. Judgment/Lay to Rest/Judge the many tree? Healing and Light Power and Endless Faith? Purity of Essence seems obviously overpriced, as does Embrace the Light. Do you use melee abilities even if you don't have any real melee ability? (Smite the Wicked, and Strike Down?) I haven't even played with Blood and Radiance at all --- seems like I wouldn't generate stacks in any useful way, and when I'm full healing I'd end up with stacks of light, which aren't much use..? Reborn in lights 30 minute cooldown seems silly. Though I guess having a get out of jail free card when you die could be worth something?

Yeah, so what are your thoughts, aside from not being in Exalted Angel?

ArcaneArcher52689
08-16-2013, 08:15 AM
I've got a cleric that is mostly healing/dc specced. It's working well, but I'm curious as to when you're in exalted angel, what abilities do you use?
6 wisdom --- 12 pts
Avenging Light – 2 pts
Renewal --- 1 pt

Are the obvious ones to me, but that leaves 9 pts for playing around with. Judgment/Lay to Rest/Judge the many tree? Healing and Light Power and Endless Faith? Purity of Essence seems obviously overpriced, as does Embrace the Light. Do you use melee abilities even if you don't have any real melee ability? (Smite the Wicked, and Strike Down?) I haven't even played with Blood and Radiance at all --- seems like I wouldn't generate stacks in any useful way, and when I'm full healing I'd end up with stacks of light, which aren't much use..? Reborn in lights 30 minute cooldown seems silly. Though I guess having a get out of jail free card when you die could be worth something?

don't forget: Radiant Power, Healing Power, Endless Faith-mainly for endless faith. Those are the most important.

Next, I'd say shoot for divine wrath, but you'd have to lose the 6 wisdom

Also, i agree that the 30 minute cool down sucks, but since i solo a lot, it's nice to have an emergency button. Also, it's not just a "you're not dead" button, it gives you enough goodies that you can kill what killed you.

SirValentine
08-17-2013, 09:52 AM
6 wisdom --- 12 pts
Avenging Light – 2 pts

Yup, those.

Renewal --- 1 pt

3 points there for me.

Reborn in lights 30 minute cooldown seems silly. Though I guess having a get out of jail free card when you die could be worth something?

If you really want a get-out-of-death, just use the Divine Intervention capstone, or the spell Death Pact. I wouldn't waste top-tier Destiny points on it.

Just to meet points-spent requirements before I can take Renewal, I take 2 points total in Radiant Power & Healing Power. Either 1 each, or 2 of one and none of the other.

Additionally, I use:

1 point only, Blood & Radiance
2 points, Rebuke Foe
2 points, Divine Wrath

It will be more click-intensive to get full use out of these as a Cleric than as a FvS. (I'm currently on a FvS life.) FvS get charges for free from their Archon firing.

(Edit: somehow the line I typed about Divine Wrath went missing. So:)
Divine Wrath is a nice AoE Light-damage-to-enemies-and-heal-allies ability. You might be suprised how much of your healing you can do just with this.

And Rebuke Foe is an amazing boost to party DPS when stacked up on a boss. Raid boss fights go much faster when you do this.

Some people love the +10% SP thing. It's a nice thing to twist if you're in some other destiny, or to pick up if you don't care about your Wisdom score, maybe, but but there's just not enough points for it if you actually want Wisdom in Exalted Angel.

Drwaz99
08-17-2013, 11:02 AM
I'm posting this form the viewpoint of a FVS (18 FVS/2 Pally) so keep that in mind. I did not use any of the ability (CHA or WIS) increases. He's a EE capable raid healer, decent light nuker with Divine Wrath. Have no issues solo healing a EH CitW and routinely solo heal ehFOT with guildies. I note the fact that it's with my guild as communication and teamwork are key in helping me be able to do it.

I focused on Light and Positive Spell power and the abilities that allowed me to conserve as much Mana as I could while still having decent nuking skills to steal kills from blitzers. :p

Tier ones: Avenging Light, Endless Faith(3), Radiant Power(3) and Healing Power (3).

Tier 2: Embrace the Light (2) or Judgement. EtL mainly to allow me to continue up the tree but it also helps with pesky Divine Punishment from Priestesses in MotU. Judgement damage is nice if you are questing with EO or Undead.

Tier 3:Renewal (3) and Purity of Essence (3). Renewal is fantastic cheap healing. I use this more than the Heal Spell if I know the target will survive 8 seconds longer. PoE, everyone can use healing amp! I can't get snarky with guildies who don't have healing amp if I don't! ;)

Tier 4: Blood and Radiance as it's a Pre Req for rebuke Foe. And Rebuke Foe. The why this is good is in previous posts in this thread.

Tier 5: Divine Wrath. It's bad ass. Basically a cheap Mass Heal that heals more than mass heal and does significant light damage to targets in the area. I look at it as a Energy Burst for divines that also heals everyone in the radius. Please note this: I am not sure how easy/hard it is to build stacks of Endless Ardor for a cleric using SLA's or light spells. It's very easy to do with a FVS's Archon "shoulder cannon" + Avenging Light

I also agree that Embrace the Light is not worth it. Cool-down is waaaaaay too long and if you want protection from being killed, Death Pact and DI is the way to go.

Hope this helps you decide!

(Apologize for the many typos, posting from my phone is super hard as I just found out)

Ancient
08-17-2013, 04:03 PM
I'm posting this form the viewpoint of a FVS (18 FVS/2 Pally) so keep that in mind. I did not use any of the ability (CHA or WIS) increases. He's a EE capable raid healer, decent light nuker with Divine Wrath. Have no issues solo healing a EH CitW and routinely solo heal ehFOT with guildies. I note the fact that it's with my guild as communication and teamwork are key in helping me be able to do it.

I focused on Light and Positive Spell power and the abilities that allowed me to conserve as much Mana as I could while still having decent nuking skills to steal kills from blitzers. :p

Tier ones: Avenging Light, Endless Faith(3), Radiant Power(3) and Healing Power (3).

Tier 2: Embrace the Light (2) or Judgement. EtL mainly to allow me to continue up the tree but it also helps with pesky Divine Punishment from Priestesses in MotU. Judgement damage is nice if you are questing with EO or Undead.

Tier 3:Renewal (3) and Purity of Essence (3). Renewal is fantastic cheap healing. I use this more than the Heal Spell if I know the target will survive 8 seconds longer. PoE, everyone can use healing amp! I can't get snarky with guildies who don't have healing amp if I don't! ;)

Tier 4: Blood and Radiance as it's a Pre Req for rebuke Foe. And Rebuke Foe. The why this is good is in previous posts in this thread.

Tier 5: Divine Wrath. It's bad ass. Basically a cheap Mass Heal that heals more than mass heal and does significant light damage to targets in the area. I look at it as a Energy Burst for divines that also heals everyone in the radius. Please note this: I am not sure how easy/hard it is to build stacks of Endless Ardor for a cleric using SLA's or light spells. It's very easy to do with a FVS's Archon "shoulder cannon" + Avenging Light

I also agree that Embrace the Light is not worth it. Cool-down is waaaaaay too long and if you want protection from being killed, Death Pact and DI is the way to go.

Hope this helps you decide!

(Apologize for the many typos, posting from my phone is super hard as I just found out)

I agree 100%

EllisDee37
08-17-2013, 05:50 PM
My cleric's Exalted Angel loadout is as follows:

Avenging Light
Wisdom V
Healing Power III
Radiant Power III
Endless Faith III
Renewal III

Note: Enlarged Renewal is so good it hurts, especially when healing FoT and LoB.

Carpone
08-18-2013, 02:00 PM
Divine Wrath is the reason to be in Exalted Angel. It's absolutely amazing. If there was a way to reduce its cooldown, I would go out of my way to get it.

Re: Reborn in Light -- It doesn't actually reduce cooldowns on light spells like it says it does. It's simply a glorified Death Pact. Even if it was working as intended, no epic moment should require a 30 min cooldown. It's complete wallpaper as currently designed.

eachna_gislin
08-18-2013, 04:15 PM
6 wisdom --- 12 pts
Avenging Light – 2 pts
Renewal --- 1 pt

As a cleric, Divine wrath is just to hard to stack. This may change post enhancement pass, depending on how many of the new SLAs add to the stack. It's awesome for FvS.

Renewal 3 and Rejuv Cocoon 3 are the hands down two best healing SLAs in the game. Sp wise, they're the two most efficient cures you can get. So if you only have renewal 1, go back and put two more points in it.

I take wisdom 5. I'll start taking wisdom 6 as soon as I can drop Avenging light when the enhancement pass comes (divine disciple gives enough SLAs I can drop it).

I also take Radiant Power 3, Healing Power 3, and Endless Faith 3. Endless Faith is worth ~200-250 sp (depending on the destiny I'm in) and doesn't need to be twisted if I'm in Exalted Angel. That's a lot of Divine Punishment/energy drain + destruction I'm giving up if I don't have it, or Mass Heals (depending on the content).

By shifting single target heals over to mostly renewal and cocoon, and having a bigger SP pool in general, this lets me spend more time and focus on the other spells I want to cast (buffs, offensive spells, etc). In effect, Endless Faith narrows the sp gap between clerics with their flexible spell slots, and favored souls with their big sp pools. I get to feel like a cleric who is closer to a favored soul.

EllisDee37
08-18-2013, 04:32 PM
Plus...wings!

CE2JRH123
08-18-2013, 05:47 PM
I was under the impression renewal ranks 2 and 3 only provided +10 points each for the barrier effect, not any additional healing? Are those 20 temp hp worth 2 points that could be spent elsewhere?

As for Divine Wrath, looks like the biggest problem is that it's a pita to generate. I'll look forward to the enhancement pass dealing with that.

Ancient
08-18-2013, 06:14 PM
I was under the impression renewal ranks 2 and 3 only provided +10 points each for the barrier effect, not any additional healing? Are those 20 temp hp worth 2 points that could be spent elsewhere?
Ranks 2 and 3 do provide additional healing. Lots of additional healing.

As for Divine Wrath, looks like the biggest problem is that it's a pita to generate. I'll look forward to the enhancement pass dealing with that.
For a FVS, it is easy peasy. You get a light charge for what it hits (both players and mobs) and archon generate 7.5 light strikes every 15 seconds. For a cleric on the other hand.... Yeah, not so good.

EllisDee37
08-18-2013, 08:11 PM
I was under the impression renewal ranks 2 and 3 only provided +10 points each for the barrier effect, not any additional healing? Are those 20 temp hp worth 2 points that could be spent elsewhere?That's rejuvenation cocoon, the tier 1 primal avatar ability. Renewal (the exalted angel ability) does the following:

Renewal: Active Ability: (Cooldown 3 seconds, 5sp) Heals 1d2 HP per [4/3/2] character levels every 2 seconds for 8 seconds. If target is below 50% health, grants celestial shield, which absorbs [30/40/50] damage.

Renewal rank 3 literally heals twice as much as rank 1.

Nodoze
08-19-2013, 08:45 AM
...For a FVS, it is easy peasy. You get a light charge for what it hits (both players and mobs) and archon generate 7.5 light strikes every 15 seconds. For a cleric on the other hand.... Yeah, not so good.While Clerics don't have the Archon they do get a lift in the expansion as under the 'Divine Disciple' enhancements' they get the following additional Light SLAs & Spells:
- SLA: Nimbus of Light, 2 SP, 4 sec
- SLA: Searing Light 4 SP, 4 sec
- Sun Bolt;
- Sunbeam;
- Sunburst;

Still likely not going to be as easy to get the first charge of Divine Wrath as it is with a FvS. However after the first charge of Divine Wrath, if you cast it on multiple mobs, you do get multiple charges so it is easy to keep recasting if there are multiple enemies. It will be interesting to see if Sun Burst gives multiple charges...

Personally on my cleric I have unlocked my 3 fate twists but still have a few more fate points to unlock tier 4 Energy Burst. I am looking forward to getting back on Exalted Angel and trying all of these new things out.

Ancient
08-19-2013, 09:21 AM
While Clerics don't have the Archon they do get a lift in the expansion as under the 'Divine Disciple' enhancements' they get the following additional Light SLAs & Spells:
- SLA: Nimbus of Light, 2 SP, 4 sec
- SLA: Searing Light 4 SP, 4 sec
- Sun Bolt;
- Sunbeam;
- Sunburst;

Unfortunately Nimbus of LIGHT does not give LIGHT charges. The lift does help, and in epic normal/epic hard... those SLAs are enough to roll with by themself. In Epic Eplite, the number of timers to watch, targeting hoops to jump through and running for your life... I wouldn't use these even if I had them.

Nodoze
08-19-2013, 09:51 AM
Unfortunately Nimbus of LIGHT does not give LIGHT charges. The lift does help, and in epic normal/epic hard... those SLAs are enough to roll with by themself. In Epic Eplite, the number of timers to watch, targeting hoops to jump through and running for your life... I wouldn't use these even if I had them.I keep forgetting that & hope it is a bug that will get fixed. Yes SLA timers are a pain. Good to see you active on the forums (I didn't recognize the name change at first) & glad to see your update to your NovaSoul build for the expansion. I was running a cleric version of it before I found your thread as it seemed best as a 1st lifer to ignore DCs and focus on light for the higher difficulties and got a lot of good info from your thread to further tweak things.

HuneyMunster
08-19-2013, 10:42 AM
My cleric's Exalted Angel loadout is as follows:

Avenging Light
Wisdom V
Healing Power III
Radiant Power III
Endless Faith III
Renewal III

Note: Enlarged Renewal is so good it hurts, especially when healing FoT and LoB.

Thats the same I have on my Cleric.

I'm now considering taking Divine Wraith again. I dropped it due to targeting issue where hard target is needed and if target dies spell goes on cooldown. This happens alot due to the slow casting time and it cant be quickened which seems like an oversight by the turbine. The main point of taken it again is if Sunburst aoe gives multiple charges depending on number of target it hits. As for Nimbus not giving a charge its been reported as a bug and is noted as read by QA.

Ancient
08-19-2013, 11:19 AM

I'm now considering taking Divine Wraith again. I dropped it due to targeting issue where hard target is needed and if target dies spell goes on cooldown. This happens alot due to the slow casting time and it cant be quickened which seems like an oversight by the turbine.
If they would allow divine wrath to be quickened and fix the targeting issues, I might consider EA to be slightly above average compared to other destinies. The fact I rate it that poorly says a lot since I'm one of the few people with a build guide based around this destiny. It is interesting on test to note that I'm casting divine wrath at CL40 with my 18/2 NovaSoul build. I'm not sure how it ends up at that number.

The main point of taken it again is if Sunburst aoe gives multiple charges depending on number of target it hits. As for Nimbus not giving a charge its been reported as a bug and is noted as read by QA.
I hope sunburst does, that would go a ways towards leveling the playing field for light offense clerics. As far as Nimbus, I'm not anxious for it to get developer attention because I don't want them to nerf nimbus.

CE2JRH123
08-19-2013, 01:30 PM
Renewal: Active Ability: (Cooldown 3 seconds, 5sp) Heals 1d2 HP per [4/3/2] character levels every 2 seconds for 8 seconds. If target is below 50% health, grants celestial shield, which absorbs [30/40/50] damage.

Yeah, that's me just being dumb and not reading carefully. :P I'll get renewal 3 now.

Nodoze
08-19-2013, 09:19 PM

I'm now considering taking Divine Wraith again. I dropped it due to targeting issue where hard target is needed and if target dies spell goes on cooldown. This happens alot due to the slow casting time and it cant be quickened which seems like an oversight by the turbine. The main point of taken it again is if Sunburst aoe gives multiple charges depending on number of target it hits. As for Nimbus not giving a charge its been reported as a bug and is noted as read by QA.I took Radiant Savant & Divine Disciple to test them out on Live and really like the changes.

Some things to note:

- Sun Burst does appear to grant multiple 'Endless Ardor' charges;
- The 3 Divine Disciple SLAs can be meta-ed at no mana-cost;
- Sun Bolt & Sun Beam can do good damage but aren't as mana efficient as the SLAs.

All in all very nice change for clerics.