PDA

View Full Version : is Divine Light any good?

GlassJaw
06-18-2013, 09:44 AM
Divine Light is one of the prereq's for Radiant Servant. Since I mostly solo, I'm not as interested in some of the others. Divine Might would be decent but requires a high base Charisma.

Can Divine Light be affected by metamagic feats (Maximize, Empower) to boost its damage?

Rubbinns
06-18-2013, 12:03 PM
Divine Light is one of the prereq's for Radiant Servant. Since I mostly solo, I'm not as interested in some of the others. Divine Might would be decent but requires a high base Charisma.

Can Divine Light be affected by metamagic feats (Maximize, Empower) to boost its damage?

Not really that good, to me at least. I don't like that it is only Undead because Positive Bursts keep me alive and deal good damage on criticals.

unbongwah
06-18-2013, 02:37 PM
I don't like that it is only Undead because Positive Bursts keep me alive and deal good damage on criticals.
This. Plus I don't think you can boost Divine Light w/metas or gear. And the DC is CHA-based and, well, if your base CHA is too low for Divine Might, then it's probably too low for your DL DC to be any good.

GlassJaw
06-18-2013, 02:44 PM
This. Plus I don't think you can boost Divine Light w/metas or gear. And the DC is CHA-based and, well, if your base CHA is too low for Divine Might, then it's probably too low for your DL DC to be any good.

Pretty much what I was thinking. So I guess put an AP in a random Divine enhancements just to meet the RS requirements.

unbongwah
06-18-2013, 04:09 PM
The cleric "Divine -" abilities predate the current SLAs and never got updated, which might be why they're so terrible now. DV is okay if you run with other casters and don't have a Spellsinger in the party since TUs regen (but that's pointless to a soloer since you can't use it on yourself); and DM is good - well, better than nothing, anyway :rolleyes: - for a melee build with decent base CHA. But everything else just flat-out sucks. So yeah, just pick one and see it as your "sunk" cost for picking up RS; same w/the Heal skill enhs.