PDA

View Full Version : Bard Direction-less, its been soo long

whyyme
05-31-2013, 09:22 PM
Its been soon long since I've played that I've lost most memory of the game. I have a 14 bard and don't know were to go ill list my bard skills since I don't know how to post a picture

I'm not sure where I'm headed but I'm sure that I want t be a chest blesser based on what feats I choose in the past, can anyone help me build something competent?

Stats---Human Hero 34 pt. build

Str 19+2(book)+1Featand enhancements+6 Gear = 28
Dex 8+1(Book)=9
Con 12+2(book)+6 gear=20
int 12+1(book)=13
wiz 8
Cha 18+2(book)+2feats and enhancements +6 gear

Notable skills
concentration 23
haggle 27
preform 27
spot 18.5
UMD 27

Feats

Eschew Materials
Least and lesser dragon mark of finding, I guess I liked loot?
Past life soc
Past life : Arcane Prodigy
Power attack
Medium armor I think not sure if that's class feat or not
I think everything else is class feats

Enchantments
Extra song III
Inspired attack II
Inspired bravery III
Inspired damage III
Lingering song III
Extra dragon mark III (man I must have really liked loot or something)
Human strength I
Human recovery I
Energy of music I
Bard charisma II
and 6 available point, and if I recall I can reset enchantments

AzB
06-04-2013, 10:55 PM
Your build is definitely directionless. Playstyle is going to be important here, are you looking for a support toon, a melee buffer, or what?

Eschew materials is a waste of a feat. Bards don't get enough feats as it is, just use the spell mats and pick a feat that helps healing, dps, or something useful. Lose the dragonmarks, and pick up toughness. Melee, take Cleave. Caster take empower, maximize, or extend depending on whether you are going to concentrate on healing or buffing.

Don't know why you put points in INT. Start with 9 since you have a +1 tome, and that'll get you an even number.
And that leads to skills; perform and UMD should be maxed obviously. Haggle I've never really understood as all my toons have a ton of plat. If you bag Eschew Mats and take Quicken, you don't need concentration and your disco balls and heals will fire off a lot faster and be more useful. (If disco balls and heals are your goal) Spot is based on WIS, which you used as a dump stat. Makes no sense, and no matter how many points you put into it will never be high enough to be useful with an 8 WIS. You could move those extra points from INT over to WIS and it would be more useful, and Spot might work. But it will still probably be too low. I would move the extra stat points to CON.

Enhancements can indeed be reset, so feel free to play with them. As far as bard songs go, I always found longer songs to be more useful that more songs. Also, the "to hit" song is nearly useless. Max out the damage song. Toughness enhancements are a no brainer for a melee, but at least take the first one or two. They're cheap and easy hps, and you're going to need them at some point.

What about pres? Decided what pre you want, (SS for caster/support, Virt for melee/support, WC is next to useless)

Bottom line, we can be more specific if you tell us how you want to play. From your current build it is impossible to tell what direction you were going in.

Good luck.

whyyme
06-10-2013, 09:34 AM
Your build is definitely directionless. Playstyle is going to be important here, are you looking for a support toon, a melee buffer, or what?

Eschew materials is a waste of a feat. Bards don't get enough feats as it is, just use the spell mats and pick a feat that helps healing, dps, or something useful. Lose the dragonmarks, and pick up toughness. Melee, take Cleave. Caster take empower, maximize, or extend depending on whether you are going to concentrate on healing or buffing.

Don't know why you put points in INT. Start with 9 since you have a +1 tome, and that'll get you an even number.
And that leads to skills; perform and UMD should be maxed obviously. Haggle I've never really understood as all my toons have a ton of plat. If you bag Eschew Mats and take Quicken, you don't need concentration and your disco balls and heals will fire off a lot faster and be more useful. (If disco balls and heals are your goal) Spot is based on WIS, which you used as a dump stat. Makes no sense, and no matter how many points you put into it will never be high enough to be useful with an 8 WIS. You could move those extra points from INT over to WIS and it would be more useful, and Spot might work. But it will still probably be too low. I would move the extra stat points to CON.

Enhancements can indeed be reset, so feel free to play with them. As far as bard songs go, I always found longer songs to be more useful that more songs. Also, the "to hit" song is nearly useless. Max out the damage song. Toughness enhancements are a no brainer for a melee, but at least take the first one or two. They're cheap and easy hps, and you're going to need them at some point.

What about pres? Decided what pre you want, (SS for caster/support, Virt for melee/support, WC is next to useless)

Bottom line, we can be more specific if you tell us how you want to play. From your current build it is impossible to tell what direction you were going in.

Good luck.

I'm Not sure why I did what I did in the past, all I know is now I just want to hit 20 TR and forget this mess, thanks for the help.
I'm soo getting toughness when I can I just hit 16 ill list my character when I have time... Spell Slinger