PDA

View Full Version : Druid TR builds

Soulfurnace
05-22-2013, 07:49 AM
Having searched the forums a li'l, I'll admit; never made a druid, so not sure where to go. I know casting isn't my favourite thing, but I can do it decently, if that's the way to go.
A thought I had was druid/monk/[maybe fighter for feats?], going unarmed, building for doublestrike? Or is that only usable at epics?
Along with the thoughts was a build I dimly remember, but can't see to find.. Frudonkulous perhaps? I think it was a TWF druid... or I'm going crazy. Either or.

I'm likely to do 3 builds, 3 past lives after all... at least 1 melee.. Not sure if I want to hit a caster life?
I'm not after some build only usable while leveling, I enjoy playing at epics, so..

Tl;dr Looking for 3 druid builds, must fit the constraints of being fun to play and usable at epics. Links or char planner is fine. I've got all races, classes, +3 to all stats from tomes, it'll be 36 pt, and I'm decently geared.

Thanks for bear-ing with me, throughout my shockingly bad structure! (geddit? No? Okay...)

Soulfurnace
05-23-2013, 07:43 AM
Bump. Nobody can recommend some fun and viable druid builds? At all? Only ones I've found that I'd consider trying are outdated, and I'm scared of touching an old build. /bad memories
C'mon, make Soulfurnace a happy puppy! (I'll even stop with the animal puns, promise!)

Sokól
05-23-2013, 12:30 PM
Bump. Nobody can recommend some fun and viable druid builds? At all? Only ones I've found that I'd consider trying are outdated, and I'm scared of touching an old build. /bad memories
C'mon, make Soulfurnace a happy puppy! (I'll even stop with the animal puns, promise!)

For TR lives imo it all depends on what kind of GS weapons (SoS or some of the upgraded heroic named) you have.

For example I recently did a TWF melee human Druid played as a monk until I could use my GS litII peshes. Splashed it with 2 monk and 1 fighter, form Fire elemental with body of the sun, it was a breeze leveling up. But at cap I changed that fighter level for a ranger level and took manyshot and changed to THF.

As a personal preference I do not like to play a wolf but many talk about it being very good at heroic levels.

Druids are very versatile, just tell me how you like to play and I can recommend a build for you!

Darkrok
05-23-2013, 12:40 PM
I'm greatly enjoying a 9 druid/9 monk/2 fighter for the monk life. I can eek out some completions solo w/ no hire on EE and demolish EH's. Heroic levels it's an absolute blast. Especially for heroic levels a litII kama + con-opp +6str/20%amp/30%amp kama are phenomenal.

As Sokol mentioned though, Druids are highly flexible. I could easily go deeper into druid and have it work well or splash more in other classes and still get something from Druid. 9 is really nice though if you plan on fighting in forms as it opens up Natural Fighting.

Soulfurnace
05-23-2013, 06:52 PM
Having brought up my ol' faithful shroud planner, I'll be crafting: +5 Charisma skills conc opp sp item, Mineral (hey, heavy fort saves a slot.. unless you can think of better?) hp item, Holy/shock burst/shock blast lit II khopesh, a shock/20% heal amp/shock blast (good blast doesn't love me, oh well), lit II khopesh for offhand. Gives up 2d6 for 20% heal amp, I'm happy with that.

Having decided to craft the **** khopeshes, I guess that means I'll be doing melee ;)

Again, not sure as to what builds.. I'm leaning towards going 2 monk, 17 druid, 1 fighter. Leaves getting heal until late, which is a bummer, but based off a jugger life, I can live without it. Wolf doesn't impress me, except for looks. I'll be a dancing puppy, you can put yo' money on that! (just not in quests, I ain't crazy)

So, that just raises the questions: Str base, with wisdom just high enough for spells?
Overwhelming crit line?
TWF line and thoughness, of course. Can't be that nub without those! :)
Khopesh, of course.
So, do I take quicken/emp healing? Or..? (is a divine nub)
Race? I'm leaning towards human, one feat and 30% amp is just... yes.

So, after that build... can anyone dig up an unarmed druid (melee, of course :3) build for me? I took a look at Storm of a Thousand Fists.. While it looked like great fun, the saves/hp worried me with current ee being what it is. Is it still viable, and just needs a gear update?
As for my third druid life (hey, my hires will be LESS gimp!), I'll just wing it, and build it myself. I feel that it's half the fun, at least once you know the class decently.
Sorry for the text spam... if only I could produce them for my essays!

Kaladain
05-24-2013, 08:28 AM
I'm greatly enjoying a 9 druid/9 monk/2 fighter for the monk life. I can eek out some completions solo w/ no hire on EE and demolish EH's. Heroic levels it's an absolute blast. Especially for heroic levels a litII kama + con-opp +6str/20%amp/30%amp kama are phenomenal.

As Sokol mentioned though, Druids are highly flexible. I could easily go deeper into druid and have it work well or splash more in other classes and still get something from Druid. 9 is really nice though if you plan on fighting in forms as it opens up Natural Fighting.

I'm doing the same 9/9/2 build for fun with my druid but ihave a question. Do you need to take TWF at all for this build, i would think not but i was going to check.

Kaladain
05-24-2013, 08:40 AM
I'm doing the same 9/9/2 build for fun with my druid but ihave a question. Do you need to take TWF at all for this build, i would think not but i was going to check.

Sorry could not edit the post but i plan on playign in wolf form.

Munkenmo
05-24-2013, 11:07 AM

In animal forms (Bear / Wolf) two weapon fighting / two handed fighting feats don't work. They make use of Natural fighting feats instead.

The elemental forms, however, don't work with natural fighting, and make use of two weapon / two handed fighting feats.

Tilomere
05-25-2013, 05:33 AM
This is an ice cleave build for TR leveling. *May* be better or worse when U18 hits for a fourth animal form cleave.

How about:
1-8 Human Druid (PA, Cleave, GC, Dodge) Reaving Roar
9 Monk Spring Attack, Mobility (monk feat),
10-11 Druid Essence of Shrike II, Cold Breath, Vorpal Weapon
12 Monk Imp Crit Blunt, Combat expert(monk Feat)
13 Fighter WW (fighter feat)
14-20 Druid Toughness, EmpH
U18 is going to eliminate animal form + healing + cold enhancement builds. You will not be able to hybrid and pick a few aspects of the druid to max out like wolf/ice/healing/reaving roar. You will have 0 spell power from enhancements maxing animal form first.

Build level order is exact to make use of monk, fighter, and leveling feats as necessary to get WW, imp crit, and GC by 13, while still having mass regen.

------------------

Here is a good EE build for a first life druid that will work. I ran an 18 druid 2 fighter build that worked, but this one is better.

Shiradi destiny twisted with boulder throw and cocoon.
Socket 114 devotion into a tortured livewood bow to make it a spell casting implement + blue dragon armor for lore. Silver flame bow for undead.

1 Ranger/2 monk/17 druid
Helf or Elf AA

Water elemental > Mantle of Icy Soul for harder things (GCC and CC now slow targets so you can kite them with no save) IPS + earthquake/sleet/hailstorm + shiradi goodness
Fire elemental for easier things > body of sun + IPS Shiradi goodness

Feats:
Bow Str (ranger free)
PBS 1
Precision 2 (monk) (switch to ZA after you are decently geared and free LR your dex to wisdom if you want)
Evasion (monk free)
Armored (monk free)
Tough 3 (monk)
WFR 3
Precise Shot 6 (silver long bow or delara's bow)
Rapid 9
MT 12 (base attack 9 here, so AA, lvl 11 set)
Imp Crit 15 (just got Bow of Sinew, blue+black dragon armor)
Many 18
Emp H 21 (just hit harder epic content)
Imp Prec. Shot 24 (just maxed out Shiradi + lvl 2 in fury/primal)

-------------

Here is a relaxing build, you just relax while your pet, summon, and hireling kill everything. Do this after the others so you you have druid past lives.

20 Halfling Druid, max Con, Wis, Str with whatever is left, all level ups in Con
Max Concentration, balance, spot

1-4 Augment Sum, Least Dragonmark of Healing Use Barb hirelings
5 Use Fighter Hireling
6-7 Dragonmark of Healing, Azala Firestarter is broken OP(Fire Savant 6 hire)
8-9 Greater Dragonmark of healing use Tower or Algaur
10-12 Toughness, use Castle or Toad or Beguile, equip Scepter of Healing*
13-15 EmpH, use whoever you want (Lorena is fun)
16-20 Extend (Marisa and Caraneth are very good)

Basically, between Aug Summoning, a few druid past lives, and pack buff of an additional +4(relevant caster stat) your hirelings end up with almost no-fail spells, tons of health, heavy fort, and tons of spell points.

The +12 stats (6 save DC) from above can combine at level 17+ with druid mantle of the icy soul for -4 enemy fort saves. This is a total of 10 DC, making them better at instakill than any player could dream of.

This makes Caraneth’s implosion a no-fail AoE death spell, and makes Marisa’s Finger of Death and disco ball no-fail. Marisa loves to spam disco ball, and Caraneth brings the rain like no other hireling I have ever seen.

Sadly, there are a lack of 2H fighter hirelings in the game, and only a few low lvl barbs fight 2H for a ton of damage. So arcanes are normally the way to go. Buy all the melee hires of a given level and toss the ones that fight with a shield.

*Now that I am 10, with a cold socketed scepter of healing, I could theoretically fully heal my party solely with dragonmarks and spring resurgence without using any mana, while spamming cold breath in wolf form for tons of damage.

Soulfurnace
05-25-2013, 05:58 AM
-snip-

The first build.. I was considering something similar, but my vet II testing (got them to 15, easy on a first life. **** legend lives!) makes me think unarmed is more fun.. and I prefer the animations. /shrug

In regards to the second, I don't like pew pew, period. I did a melee artificer life, and at the insistence of my mate, will do ONE (any way to underline that?) pew pew life. EVER. And it will most likely be artificer, so I can distract myself with other things at the same time.

The third.. no. I'd go insane without being up in the combat, doing ****. I'm more likely to be a bear. And I ain't being no bear!

Soulfurnace
05-25-2013, 06:34 AM
Okay, my first attempt (yeah, I can see issues. I was half tempted to get 1 monk where the fighter is, swap feats around, but I'm tired, and you can use your imagination to see that 1 monk :3) As was suggested, fire elemental w/ two khopeshes sounds fun.. I threw enhancements together for lv 25, but I'm not sure how it'll turn out AT level 25.. Whether I swap forms, whether I decide that THF or something is better... or if I GET to 25. But it's just my current thoughts. For leveling, I'll be using reaving roar, and putting some AP into sonic enhancements, and slotting sonic onto an item. It just looks **** fun when things have such small red bars. Without further ado,

Character Plan by DDO Character Planner Version 03.16.01
DDO Character Planner Home Page (http://www.rjcyberware.com/DDO)

Level 25 True Neutral Human Male
(2 Fighter \ 18 Druid \ 5 Epic)
Hit Points: 446
Spell Points: 1433
BAB: 15\15\20\25\25
Fortitude: 19
Reflex: 10
Will: 15

Starting Feat/Enhancement
Abilities Base Stats Modified Stats
(36 Point) (Level 1) (Level 25)
Strength 16 27
Dexterity 15 18
Constitution 16 20
Intelligence 10 13
Wisdom 14 19
Charisma 8 11

Tomes Used
+2 Tome of Dexterity used at level 6
+2 Tome of Intelligence used at level 6
+3 Tome of Strength used at level 20
+3 Tome of Dexterity used at level 20
+3 Tome of Constitution used at level 20
+3 Tome of Intelligence used at level 20
+3 Tome of Wisdom used at level 20
+3 Tome of Charisma used at level 20

Base Skills Modified Skills
Skills (Level 1) (Level 25)
Balance 4 20
Bluff -1 5
Concentration 7 33
Diplomacy -1 5
Disable Device n/a n/a
Haggle -1 8
Heal 2 10
Hide 2 9
Intimidate -1 5
Jump 3 13
Listen 6 32
Move Silently 2 9
Open Lock n/a n/a
Perform n/a n/a
Repair 0 6
Search 0 6
Spot 6 32
Swim 7 36
Tumble n/a 10
Use Magic Device n/a 5

Level 1 (Druid)
Feat: (Past Life) Past Life: Monk
Feat: (Past Life) Past Life: Sorcerer
Feat: (Human Bonus) Toughness
Feat: (Selected) Two Weapon Fighting

Level 2 (Druid)
Feat: (Druid Wild Shape) Wild Shape: Wolf

Level 3 (Druid)
Feat: (Selected) Power Attack

Level 4 (Druid)

Level 5 (Druid)
Feat: (Druid Wild Shape) Wild Shape: Bear

Level 6 (Druid)
Feat: (Selected) Cleave

Level 7 (Druid)

Level 8 (Fighter)
Feat: (Fighter Bonus) Improved Two Weapon Fighting

Level 9 (Druid)
Feat: (Selected) Exotic Weapon Proficiency: Khopesh
Feat: (Druid Wild Shape) Wild Shape: Winter Wolf

Level 10 (Druid)

Level 11 (Druid)

Level 12 (Druid)
Feat: (Selected) Improved Critical: Slashing Weapons
Feat: (Druid Wild Shape) Wild Shape: Dire Bear

Level 13 (Druid)

Level 14 (Druid)
Feat: (Druid Wild Shape) Wild Shape: Fire Elemental

Level 15 (Fighter)
Feat: (Fighter Bonus) Great Cleave
Feat: (Selected) Greater Two Weapon Fighting

Level 16 (Druid)

Level 17 (Druid)

Level 18 (Druid)
Feat: (Selected) Empower Healing Spell

Level 19 (Druid)

Level 20 (Druid)

Level 21 (Druid)
Feat: (Selected) Overwhelming Critical

Level 22 (Druid)

Level 23 (Druid)

Level 24 (Druid)
Feat: (Selected) Quicken Spell

Level 25 (Druid)
Enhancement: Druid Beastial Nature I
Enhancement: Druid Beastial Nature II
Enhancement: Druid Fatal Harrier
Enhancement: Druid Hide of the Crocodile I
Enhancement: Druid Hide of the Crocodile II
Enhancement: Druid Nature's Warrior I
Enhancement: Druid Shifting Rake I
Enhancement: Druid Shifting Rake II
Enhancement: Druid Vengeful Hunter I
Enhancement: Druid Vengeful Hunter II
Enhancement: Human Adaptability Strength I
Enhancement: Human Greater Adaptability Constitution I
Enhancement: Human Improved Recovery I
Enhancement: Human Improved Recovery II
Enhancement: Human Improved Recovery III
Enhancement: Racial Toughness I
Enhancement: Racial Toughness II
Enhancement: Druid Waxing Sun I
Enhancement: Druid Waxing Life I
Enhancement: Druid Zenith of the Sun I
Enhancement: Druid Zenith of Life I
Enhancement: Druid Eminence of the Sun I
Enhancement: Druid Eminence of the Sun II
Enhancement: Druid Eminence of the Sun III
Enhancement: Druid Eminence of the Sun IV
Enhancement: Druid Eminence of Life I
Enhancement: Druid Eminence of Life II
Enhancement: Druid Eminence of Life III
Enhancement: Druid Strength I
Enhancement: Druid Wisdom I
Enhancement: Druid Wisdom II
Enhancement: Druid Toughness I
Enhancement: Druid Toughness II
Enhancement: Druid Toughness III
Enhancement: Druid Toughness IV

Feel free to get out a red marker, and cross everything out (and tell me)... just do it nicely, 'cause I am a nub with no ego!

Sokól
05-25-2013, 10:34 AM
Okay, my first attempt (yeah, I can see issues. I was half tempted to get 1 monk where the fighter is, swap feats around, but I'm tired, and you can use your imagination to see that 1 monk :3) As was suggested, fire elemental w/ two khopeshes sounds fun.. I threw enhancements together for lv 25, but I'm not sure how it'll turn out AT level 25.. Whether I swap forms, whether I decide that THF or something is better... or if I GET to 25. But it's just my current thoughts. For leveling, I'll be using reaving roar, and putting some AP into sonic enhancements, and slotting sonic onto an item. It just looks **** fun when things have such small red bars. Without further ado,

(2 Fighter \ 18 Druid \ 5 Epic)
Hit Points: 446
Spell Points: 1433
Fortitude: 19
Reflex: 10

Strength 16 27
Dexterity 15 18
Constitution 16 20
Intelligence 10 13
Wisdom 14 19
Charisma 8 11

Tomes Used
+3 Tome of Dexterity used at level 20
+3 Tome of Intelligence used at level 20
+3 Tome of Charisma used at level 20

Balance 4 20
Bluff -1 5
Concentration 7 33
Diplomacy -1 5
Disable Device n/a n/a
Haggle -1 8
Heal 2 10
Hide 2 9
Intimidate -1 5
Jump 3 13
Listen 6 32
Move Silently 2 9
Open Lock n/a n/a
Perform n/a n/a
Repair 0 6
Search 0 6
Spot 6 32
Swim 7 36
Tumble n/a 10
Use Magic Device n/a 5

Level 1 (Druid)

Level 2 (Druid)

Level 3 (Druid)

Level 4 (Druid)

Level 5 (Druid)

Level 6 (Druid)

Level 7 (Druid)

Level 8 (Fighter)

Level 9 (Druid)

Level 10 (Druid)

Level 11 (Druid)

Level 12 (Druid)

Level 13 (Druid)

Level 14 (Druid)

Level 15 (Fighter)

Level 16 (Druid)

Level 17 (Druid)

Level 18 (Druid)

Level 19 (Druid)

Level 20 (Druid)

Level 21 (Druid)

Level 22 (Druid)

Level 23 (Druid)

Level 24 (Druid)

Level 25 (Druid)
Enhancement: Druid Beastial Nature II
Enhancement: Druid Vengeful Hunter II
Enhancement: Druid Eminence of the Sun IV
Enhancement: Druid Wisdom II
Enhancement: Druid Toughness IV

Feel free to get out a red marker, and cross everything out (and tell me)... just do it nicely, 'cause I am a nub with no ego!

Looks solid few points:

do take quicken first before empower healing

If going the 2 fighter path I would also splash 1 barbarian level for faster movement and sprint boost

you can start with dex 14 with a +3 dex tome

The best thing about being human or helf is human versatility the dmg boost that has a separate cool-down with haste boost

and I did not see fighter haste boost enhancements...

Systern
05-25-2013, 10:45 AM
If you plan on using Wolf at all, I'd recommend Radiance II over Lit II. You gain more in sneak attack damage than you give up from resistances.

Soulfurnace
05-25-2013, 11:11 AM
Wolf form will be purely for looks.. outside of quests. :3

Wasn't sure about quicken/emp heal, swapping them doesn't bother me at all :)

Throwing on one barb.. was tempted actually, but I... why not. /shrug
However, human versatility.. I know how powerful it is, but I made some mistakes with enhancements. I'll have to sort that out when I'm 25, and know what's worth it, what the build needs, etc. Oh, and 14 dex. Eh.. I thought druids were BAB 1 per level, so wanted TWF feats asap. In hindsight, 14 dex with the tome works, but as I said.. I don't know druids! lol

I'll get around to second draft later :)

Soulfurnace
05-25-2013, 10:32 PM
Alright, how about this? Swapped some feat orders, kept elemental form at 14 (hey, it sounds fun :3), got barb for some run speed and zerg boosts, Human Versatility IV, still no fighter haste, 'cause I see myself using this in dreadnought, and.. yep.

(2 Fighter \ 1 Barbarian \ 17 Druid \ 5 Epic)
Hit Points: 440
Spell Points: 1460
Fortitude: 20
Reflex: 8

Strength 16 28
Dexterity 14 17
Constitution 16 20
Intelligence 8 10
Wisdom 16 20
Charisma 8 8

Tomes Used
+1 Tome of Dexterity used at level 2
+3 Tome of Dexterity used at level 10

Balance 4 16
Bluff -1 4
Concentration 3 33
Diplomacy -1 4
Disable Device n/a n/a
Haggle -1 5
Heal 3 11
Hide 2 8
Intimidate -1 4
Jump 7 22
Listen 7 32
Move Silently 2 8
Open Lock n/a n/a
Perform n/a n/a
Repair -1 5
Search -1 5
Spot 3 33
Swim 3 14
Tumble 4 10
Use Magic Device n/a 4

Level 1 (Barbarian)

Level 2 (Druid)

Level 3 (Druid)

Level 4 (Druid)

Level 5 (Druid)

Level 6 (Druid)

Level 7 (Druid)

Level 8 (Druid)

Level 9 (Druid)

Level 10 (Druid)

Level 11 (Fighter)

Level 12 (Druid)

Level 13 (Druid)

Level 14 (Druid)

Level 15 (Druid)

Level 16 (Druid)

Level 17 (Druid)

Level 18 (Druid)

Level 19 (Fighter)

Level 20 (Druid)
Feat: (Druid Wild Shape) Wild Shape: Water Elemental

Level 21 (Druid)

Level 22 (Druid)

Level 23 (Druid)

Level 24 (Druid)

Level 25 (Druid)
Enhancement: Barbarian Sprint Boost I
Enhancement: Human Versatility I
Enhancement: Human Versatility II
Enhancement: Human Versatility III
Enhancement: Human Versatility IV
Enhancement: Druid Zenith of the Sun II
Enhancement: Druid Strength II

So, does everything look good? Aka time to start farming the Vale for those 4 double imbued shards? *Cries at the thought*

Soulfurnace
05-27-2013, 12:33 AM
Bump!
Is the above build good for heroic, and viable at epics (with some changes while leveling, and changes again at epics, most likely)

Current thoughts are fire elemental while leveling, 2x lit II khopesh, reaving roar, going over to [some] form in dreadnought at epics. Am I correct in thinking that it will work decently? Even a simple "looks good" would mean a lot, because I can't help but wonder if I've forgotten something :\ (I AM the guy that gimped a WF sorc, which rather ruined my self-confidence with casters lol)

Munkenmo
05-27-2013, 01:21 AM
Bump!
Is the above build good for heroic, and viable at epics (with some changes while leveling, and changes again at epics, most likely)

Current thoughts are fire elemental while leveling, 2x lit II khopesh, reaving roar, going over to [some] form in dreadnought at epics. Am I correct in thinking that it will work decently? Even a simple "looks good" would mean a lot, because I can't help but wonder if I've forgotten something :\ (I AM the guy that gimped a WF sorc, which rather ruined my self-confidence with casters lol)

Personally looking at your build and considering you'll pick up hasteboost from LD, i'd go 2monk/1 fighter. Your feats would be almost identical, but my split would give up sprint boost and armor PRR for evasion and better dodge (i'd invest the extra feat in dodge, granting me 7% before items / ED's)

It's personal preference at that point though, and your build looks quite ok.

Sokól
05-27-2013, 08:02 AM
Personally looking at your build and considering you'll pick up hasteboost from LD, i'd go 2monk/1 fighter. Your feats would be almost identical, but my split would give up sprint boost and armor PRR for evasion and better dodge (i'd invest the extra feat in dodge, granting me 7% before items / ED's)

It's personal preference at that point though, and your build looks quite ok.

I leveled up that split (2 monk/1 fighter changed the fighter lvl to a ranger at cap) and the only problem is that Druids get a bad reflex saves and I ended up using a chaos robe with reflex +10 crafted to compensate. The evasion works at cap fully geared. Again human versatility has boost to saves so when you have to go through some traps that boost can save you from being a soul stone.

I agree the build looks fine :)

Edit: it is really good to use the fighter haste boost while leveling esp. TWF just reset your enhancements when you are ready for LD.

Soulfurnace
06-30-2013, 03:59 AM
Hey guys! I finished my first druid life, just playing at epics, having some fun. Taking a break from beating kobolds to death, with various lacerating weapons.

However, my second druid life beckons!
Now, while I dismissed the pew pew build offered by Tilomere, a week spent on an AA has made me reconsider. (Long story short, main was shelved for a week while my mate caught up. Oh well.)
However, two things about that build struck me as harsh: No quicken, and the level at which I get various feats.
So, I decided to see how I could possibly get feats earlier, without resorting to going human and getting rid of AA.
First thought was 17/2/1 druid/ranger/monk, but that monk offers 1 feat, and nothing else.
Bit of thinking and rearranging later, I decided on 17/2/1 druid/ranger/fighter.
Compared to the suggested build;
Pros:
I have "key" feats earlier. (Mainly, manyshot and IPS. Those are awesome fun, and waiting 'till level 18/24 respectively would be painful).
I have the ability to use heavy armour (albeit, not metal) for more prr, and AC. (AC only for eHard, which is a joke anyway). Only a minor thing, but prr will NEVER be turned down!
TWF? Meh.
Quicken. I love this little feat. While it fails now and then, it saves my ass so often.

Cons:
No evasion. Would my reflex matter as far as EE is concerned? I dunno.
No Thoughness. That's a bit painful, actually.

So, the build.
Character Plan by DDO Character Planner Version 03.16.01DDO Character Planner Home Page (http://www.rjcyberware.com/DDO)

Level 25 Lawful Neutral Half-Elf Male
(1 Fighter \ 2 Ranger \ 17 Druid \ 5 Epic)
Hit Points: 282
Spell Points: 1528
Fortitude: 17
Reflex: 12
Will: 13

Strength 14 14
Dexterity 16 19
Constitution 14 14
Intelligence 12 14
Wisdom 16 16
Charisma 8 8

Tomes Used
+1 Tome of Dexterity used at level 2
+3 Tome of Dexterity used at level 10

Balance 5 29
Bluff -1 4
Concentration 6 30
Diplomacy 0 5
Disable Device n/a 7
Haggle 1 13
Heal 3 8
Hide 3 9
Intimidate -1 4
Jump 6 13
Listen 3 8
Move Silently 3 9
Open Lock n/a n/a
Perform n/a n/a
Repair 1 7
Search 1 7
Spot 7 31
Swim 2 7
Tumble 4 10
Use Magic Device 1 15

Level 1 (Ranger)
Feat: (Favored Enemy) Favored Enemy: Giant
Feat: (Half-Elf Dilettante) Half-Elf Dilettante: Monk
Feat: (Past Life) Past Life: Druid
Feat: (Selected) Point Blank Shot

Level 2 (Fighter)
Feat: (Fighter Bonus) Precision

Level 3 (Ranger)
Feat: (Selected) Weapon Focus: Ranged Weapons

Level 4 (Druid)

Level 5 (Druid)

Level 6 (Druid)
Feat: (Selected) Past Life: Arcane Prodigy

Level 7 (Druid)

Level 8 (Druid)

Level 9 (Druid)
Feat: (Selected) Manyshot

Level 10 (Druid)

Level 11 (Druid)

Level 12 (Druid)
Feat: (Selected) Improved Critical: Ranged Weapons

Level 13 (Druid)

Level 14 (Druid)

Level 15 (Druid)
Feat: (Selected) Precise Shot

Level 16 (Druid)
Feat: (Druid Wild Shape) Wild Shape: Water Elemental

Level 17 (Druid)

Level 18 (Druid)
Feat: (Selected) Improved Precise Shot

Level 19 (Druid)

Level 20 (Druid)

Level 21 (Druid)

Level 22 (Druid)

Level 23 (Druid)

Level 24 (Druid)

Level 25 (Druid)

Now, the questions.
Where should my stat raises go? I can see arguments for all of str, con, wisdom and dex.

Should I 100% dump wis, get more con to balance no toughness? (and just use gear/tomes for 19 required wisdom)

What destinies? I can see obvious arguments for FoTW and Shiradi, which I'll explore (and likely twist Otto/Pin out of xP)

Is it overall worth it? Dropping evasion/toughness for more prr, quicken and easier leveling?

Thanks in advance ^^

*edit* squashed a few spelling errors, various typos and assorted grammar-bugs. The ones that are left are invisible to my tired eyes. Sorry 'bout that.

Tilomere
06-30-2013, 01:00 PM
I'm pretty sure 2 monk has better overall armor than 2 fighter because of added wisdom bonus to AC when not using a shield at lvl 2.

I think all dex until well geared will give you best leveling results. If you want smoother leveling, bows are weak until Shiradi+slayer arrows at 20. Just go dual wield/great cleave/toughness and free LR into a bow user when you reach in epics.

High damage spells are normally what cause you to fail concentration checks. With evasion, a high dex, PLIS, and range you shouldn't need quick casting.

Soulfurnace
06-30-2013, 08:33 PM
I'm curious, what sort of reflex do you have?
Speaking from my sorc life (18/2, sorc/pally), he had a *good* reflex, but wasn't quite at the magic 95% for EE GH.
Hell, for anything outside GH, he was more likely to fail a concentration check due to a melee smacking him around like a football, seeming at half damage spells are less of a threat than melee. Not quite sure a druid can reach that reflex, even dex based.

I also don't care about casting speed, I care about no fail. "While this feat is activated, spells will be cast faster (roughly twice as fast) and cannot be interrupted by a concentration check." And based of EE GH hp (which is just silly high), if I have agro, not 100% sure I can drop the enemy before he rips me into little pieces, hence the no fail hjealz.

So, as I understand it, I lose evasion, some AC (from wisdom bonus) and toughness for prr, better leveling, heavy armour at level 2 (more AC), no fail hjealz and fighter haste boost (to save a twist)?
No evasion doesn't scare me, especially seeming this is a ranged char :)
*Note. I do plan to use a bow for leveling, as soon as it's feasible without completely gimping myself. I play DDO for fun, not for being hax, 1337 and other stuff. (If they mattered, I'd still be a shiradi sorc xD)

Tilomere
07-01-2013, 12:24 PM
I'm curious, what sort of reflex do you have?

So, as I understand it, I lose evasion, some AC (from wisdom bonus) and toughness for prr, better leveling, heavy armour at level 2 (more AC), no fail hjealz and fighter haste boost (to save a twist)?
No evasion doesn't scare me, especially seeming this is a ranged char :)
*Note. I do plan to use a bow for leveling, as soon as it's feasible without completely gimping myself. I play DDO for fun, not for being hax, 1337 and other stuff. (If they mattered, I'd still be a shiradi sorc xD)

I think I had a 36 dex on a helf (2 lives ago) so +13, +4 parry, +4 heroism, +3 bestial, +6 resistance, would be 2 ranger 3 monk (uncentered), 5 druid, so ~40 reflex without maxed out dex, ship, pots, luck, gear, twists or other buffs. I also had a PLIS so I didn't really worry about interruption. I'm sure it will work out, since I did 2 fighter/18 druid helf ranger dilly on a first life toon without much planning and it was fine.