PDA

View Full Version : Test builds...

Momsboys
03-10-2013, 12:04 AM
I would like to see what people have to say/other combos that sound good. I asked around on my server (Thelanis) and came up with.
I would like it to be part pally and part monk...

12monk/8pally
15pally/3monk/2ftr
12pally/8monk
10pally/5monk/5fighter

Lume84
03-10-2013, 01:38 AM
Currently have a 34pt Elf 14/6 Whirling Steel Strike Pally/Monk on Thelanis.
Which I LRed from the Original 18/2 Split with a +5 Heart.
My personal opinion, not having the 14 levels of Pally for Zeal hurts. Just too much Doublestrike to not consider,
matched with Wind Stance II and some Doublestrike Gear, it adds quite the DPS boost.
Also the Longswords, mainly the Oathblades out DPS any Handwraps I have on my toon, but I tend to swap them out depending on the situation.
Adding the 4 more levels of Monk did ultimately lower my Saves to the 50's-70's sometimes higher depending on Buffs running and Gear, which with the 18/2 I had 80's and higher pretty much constantly.
Considering reverting back to the 18/2 but undecided at this point.

Just some quick notes, and if you have any questions feel free to ask :)

And I know I'll probably get slammed for running around with a WSS Monk and matching that with all the Paladins aren't DPS Threads lately, but I like it!

Cheers
Lume

unbongwah
03-10-2013, 01:43 PM

12monk/8pally
15pally/3monk/2ftr
12pally/8monk
10pally/5monk/5fighter
It would help if you stated what your goals were for these builds...

Also consider monk 12 / pal 6 / ftr 2 if you wanted to make some sort of hate-tank monk a la Emerald (e.g., NS II / DoS I).

Momsboys
03-10-2013, 02:52 PM
It would help if you stated what your goals were for these builds...

Just random fun, nothing wrong with that is there? would prefer a dps or tank, but anything people come up with works. :D

SilverHeals
03-10-2013, 03:33 PM
Have you considered 12fighter 6paladin 2monk (rogue dilli) helf?

You get Kensei II and DoS which is a nice dps toon with a stack of Health along with evasion.

Saves won't be crazy high but survivability will be great.

Tell me what chu think

Thanks - Silver

Momsboys
03-13-2013, 04:28 PM
(Any builds mentioned here I'm going to make on the test server (lamannia). :)

Stormraiser
03-13-2013, 06:13 PM
The Triforce:

5 monk - saves, dodge bonus, stance, movement. Everything to keep you alive in EE.
7 druid - awesome - Faster movement, spells, extra mana bonuses - Everything must be balanced and this is what keeps your build balanced in EE, some of the kill and some of the run away and stay alive.
6 wizard - archmage - Everything to kill in EE DPS & effects.

Momsboys
03-15-2013, 10:21 PM
The Triforce:

5 monk - saves, dodge bonus, stance, movement. Everything to keep you alive in EE.
7 druid - awesome - Faster movement, spells, extra mana bonuses - Everything must be balanced and this is what keeps your build balanced in EE, some of the kill and some of the run away and stay alive.
6 wizard - archmage - Everything to kill in EE DPS & effects.

What about the other 3 lvls....? 5+6+7=18

SilverHeals
03-19-2013, 09:13 PM
5+7+6=18 so the other 2 levels would most likely be the past life that you want.

7monk comes before 7druid in past life terms, or 9druid(or 8wiz for that matter). Each one will get you a past life of your choice. Would work well if you like the build up to 18 to get all 3 past lives for the same builds.

gerardIII
03-19-2013, 10:11 PM

You could do 6 monk/6 pally/8 any other class (except barb and bard).

Stormraiser
03-20-2013, 11:20 AM
5+7+6=18 so the other 2 levels would most likely be the past life that you want.

7monk comes before 7druid in past life terms, or 9druid(or 8wiz for that matter). Each one will get you a past life of your choice. Would work well if you like the build up to 18 to get all 3 past lives for the same builds.

Correct, the other 2 are for more flexibility. But the triforce is so "gangsta" that it could roll EE with 18 levels anyway :)