PDA

View Full Version : Update 17: Event #8 - Reincarnation

SqueakofDoom
02-21-2013, 04:13 PM
I'm investigating Reincarnation issues, and I would appreciate your help! I understand that many of you are busy running around Epic Gianthold on Live. If you only have time to drop by for a few minutes and stockpile Hearts of Wood, that's great too!

I will be waiting for you at the Founder's Fountain in the Harbor on the following day and time to hand out various Hearts of Wood and reset Reincarnation timers!

Saturday, February 23rd from 10am to 12pm (Noon)

All times are Eastern (GMT-5)

Smiles,
Squeak

irnimnode
02-21-2013, 06:14 PM
no problem i will be there we got snowed in and it is still snowning

UurlockYgmeov
02-21-2013, 10:35 PM
I should be able to drop in... see if I can TR a few times.... with the Guide being a friendly help. :D

blerkington
02-21-2013, 10:46 PM
Hi,

This is really good to see. Thank you for doing something about this.

Opensezame
02-22-2013, 06:14 AM
I'm investigating Reincarnation issues, and I would appreciate your help! I understand that many of you are busy running around Epic Gianthold on Live. If you only have time to drop by for a few minutes and stockpile Hearts of Wood, that's great too!

I will be waiting for you at the Founder's Fountain in the Harbor on the following day and time to hand out various Hearts of Wood and reset Reincarnation timers!

Saturday, February 23rd from 10am to 12pm (Noon)

All times are Eastern (GMT-5)

Smiles,
Squeak

Ill do one or two TR's for you... its a pain having to empty your TR cache every time.

Lycurgus
02-22-2013, 06:54 AM
That's a really good idea and kudos for making the time to investigate.

Are there particular conditions you want tested?

sudzz
02-22-2013, 08:53 AM
Nice one I have a toon with very little bank slots used so should be able to knock a good number of tr out of the park, can you make the true and lesser woods bta though as it would make things quicker for bailing the bank out each time, cheers looking forward to this one.

duchams
02-22-2013, 09:35 AM
--

Loromir
02-22-2013, 09:38 AM
I should be able to drop in... see if I can TR a few times.... with the Guide being a friendly help. :D

I thought the bugs were with LR's. Is there a problem with TR also?

Postumus
02-22-2013, 09:52 AM

Depending on the thread, it could be a combo of the LRing then TRing.

In any case thanks Squeak for investigating and thanks to all the players who help test this!

sudzz
02-22-2013, 01:31 PM

from what i have read on forum it appears to be a combi of using tr and lr one after another that causes the problems particularily if you have a feat required item selected in an epic destiny that you then do not select during the the lr/tr proccess, to be honest i have not suffered from this fault myself despite doing 3 tr/lr combos in a 90 mins session just the other day but i am happy to give it another bash on another toon to see if there is any differences.

Momsboys
02-22-2013, 11:30 PM
Ill do one or two TR's for you... its a pain having to empty your TR cache every time.

True that. There needs to be a 'Take all' Or 'Take as much as i can carry' Button lol

Buttkierownsmade
02-23-2013, 09:28 AM
Squeak can you please send me some hearts of wood?? I cant get on, I'm suspended from my comp for a week please??
I'm extremly sad right now D':

whiteline
02-23-2013, 11:22 AM
thank's for comming SQueak

Buttkierownsmade
02-23-2013, 10:31 PM
I missed the whole event -_- I want some trs!!

Seikojin
02-24-2013, 02:15 PM

It looks like it stems from lesser then true reincarnating without a timer. Since LR and TR are on different timers, you can do one, then immediately jump into another.

I think if anything, they should fix the bug and not work around it (by combining the timers), because something that can be popular is taking triple class, making a very niche build that works, then LR with a + heart to rebalance which is the primary class, then TR to get the past life you want.

I was able to pick up some LR's but I wasn't there for any True hearts and the one I purchased last week is missing O.o. Hopefully the guide is permenant (he persisted overnight...)...

Buttkierownsmade
02-24-2013, 10:47 PM
"... Hopefully the guide is permenant. (he persisted overnight)"

Ya.. agreed...

Seikojin
02-25-2013, 12:01 AM
"... Hopefully the guide is permenant. (he persisted overnight)"

Ya.. agreed...

Nope, he dissapeared while I was off in GH. I was out of instance only a few minutes. Came back and they were gone. :(

Buttkierownsmade
02-25-2013, 12:59 AM
What?! awwwwwww!!! :'(

Thanks for informing me I was not able to get on these past few days.

@Seikojin

lucreciacrescent
02-25-2013, 07:13 AM
any news on the DDO store? are the devs even fixing it or something?

SqueakofDoom
02-25-2013, 12:44 PM
The Lamannia store is still in progress. Issues on Live are currently taking precedence.

I have also just dropped some Hearts of Wood and NPCs near the Harbor Trainers.

DeCourcy
02-25-2013, 05:53 PM
I don't suppose it would be possible to run your script to repopulate the AH would it? That would be awesome

Seikojin
02-25-2013, 09:46 PM
I didn't get to any hearts in time. However, I did notice this when I logged in with one of my characters.

As you can see in the screenshot, I have a twist from Legendary Dread and am active in Grandmaster... I can use the abilities as the ED's are active, but it won't let me view the ED page saying that I need to visit the fatespinner. When I cycle my exp bar to ED exp it says I do not have an ED active.

In the second screenshot, you can see at the fatespinner, on Grandmaster, it shows I have spent points, that despite it clearly being my active destiny is said not to be active, and none of my abilities for my active destiny are in the ability column.

In the third screenshot is the Map view.

This character was made, at lvl 7, used the guide to level up both levels and ED's, then I used +5 stat tomes before logging off last night. I do not know if this has anything to do with the TR issue, or if this is a whole seperate codepath.

Edit: It is looking like multiple characters get that message after using +5 tomes.

Seikojin
02-25-2013, 10:16 PM
I don't suppose it would be possible to run your script to repopulate the AH would it? That would be awesome

What kind of stuff on AH are you looking for? I noticed a bunch of random gear for lvl 20+ and +5 tomes still are there...

SqueakofDoom
02-26-2013, 08:49 AM
I didn't get to any hearts in time. However, I did notice this when I logged in with one of my characters.

As you can see in the screenshot, I have a twist from Legendary Dread and am active in Grandmaster... I can use the abilities as the ED's are active, but it won't let me view the ED page saying that I need to visit the fatespinner. When I cycle my exp bar to ED exp it says I do not have an ED active.

I will have to verify this in a newer build, but I believe this was fixed before U17 went to live.

Also, I was planning on putting the U17 Loot in the AH tonight.

Seikojin
02-26-2013, 11:07 AM
I will have to verify this in a newer build, but I believe this was fixed before U17 went to live.

Also, I was planning on putting the U17 Loot in the AH tonight.

Yeah, not a major bad, only slightly annoying. I am sure most players don't b-line to 25 and +5 after capping in one session. So very edge case.

Cool, thanks for being soo proactive with Lam and helping the players get their test on!

Captain_Pengie
02-26-2013, 11:48 PM
Would have liked to help but saw the post too late plus the only guy I want to TR is not allowed due to a bug. Perhaps it is not too late to add this to your investigation. I have tried this on test many times since TR was introduced (not prepared to pay for it on live until the bug is fixed) and keep getting the same problem - I am told I have to level despite being 20 aready.

http://forums.ddo.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=960&stc=1&d=1361943821

Durgha of Khyber

Seikojin
02-27-2013, 10:33 AM
Would have liked to help but saw the post too late plus the only guy I want to TR is not allowed due to a bug. Perhaps it is not too late to add this to your investigation. I have tried this on test many times since TR was introduced (not prepared to pay for it on live until the bug is fixed) and keep getting the same problem - I am told I have to level despite being 20 aready.

http://forums.ddo.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=960&stc=1&d=1361943821

Durgha of Khyber

Have you talked to the fatespinner and tried all her options in dialog?

irnimnode
02-27-2013, 05:32 PM
any word on when the DDO store will will open again

Captain_Pengie
02-27-2013, 06:17 PM
Have you talked to the fatespinner and tried all her options in dialog?

Tried that yes. The problem has been there since TRs started so fates have not caused it. I've just done a Lesser Res (again) on live and will do another TR test when Lamaland refreshes again but I won't hold my breath. This guy was my very first toon created 7 years ago and obviously was just born to live once.

irnimnode
03-01-2013, 05:38 PM
are they ever going to open the DDO store up on Lamannia is there any update as to when

lucreciacrescent
03-01-2013, 08:17 PM
event #9 soon?

Buttkierownsmade
03-02-2013, 02:40 AM
cmon squeak please have the store up as soon™ as you can. :D

lucreciacrescent
03-04-2013, 08:02 AM
any news on what's going to happen to Lamannia? DDO store? AH scripts? The guide being put in the harbor?