PDA

View Full Version : Mabar abysmal drop rate

notte.oscura
11-01-2012, 03:45 AM
I went into the 20-25 instance solo with my character to farm some ingredients.
The instance was deserted (only another toon around, and I wasn't near him).

After 53 skeleton kills (i counted them, after seeing that I wasn't getting drops) all I had got was 2 chipped skulls.
Really? 53 solo kills for 2 ingredients?

Please do something about the drop rates :)

Willibold
11-01-2012, 03:48 AM
Agreed , have had to take my lv15 monk into lv 20 areas to get drops, soooo many reports of "too weak to give rewards". AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAArgh

Shadow7375
11-01-2012, 06:24 AM
The drop rates for sure are a problem.

On top of that might you have another problem on hand for the chamber to open as this usually requires 15000+ I believe.

I remember the troubles we had with Crystal Cove when I was on Wayfinder. See http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=344319 ... Turbine adjusted the numbers a bit for Wayfinder back then.

sdrocky
11-01-2012, 07:21 PM
The drop rates suck for sure. Im not sure about the requirments to open up the instance though. I had a look last night and it must have been open in between me logging as it had 2300 or so the night before then last night it was up to over 3000.

Shadow7375
11-01-2012, 07:29 PM
I cruised around Mabar on my lvl 25 cleric. Easy to kill stuff but the drop rates in level 20-25 instances weren't great at all.

I decided to hop on my level 20 arty in a 16-20 instance (solo or in a team of two) and suddenly I managed to get around 1800 to 2000 motes per hour with a draught, which isn't bad at all. Also frequent spawns of red named.

Others I heard saying that rolling up a Vet II level 7 cleric with healing burst and turn undead is a good way to collect motes. Haven't tried it myself yet though.

Hafeal
11-01-2012, 07:31 PM
After years of avoidance, I tried Mabar for the first time last year and was left wanting.

I had no desire to try it again without some evidence things had gotten better. Despite last years' complaints (for example: http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=348836&highlight=mabar), it does not appear that things have gotten much better.

The more things change, the more they stay the same it seems. :(

Dhalgren
11-01-2012, 07:37 PM
[Edit: nvm. Obviously I can't tell the difference between a spawn and a drop :)]

Nestroy
11-04-2012, 11:11 PM
I made 48 kills with my lv. 16 Arty on a solo run in the 16-20 instance this morning. All I got were 1 black opal and 2 chipped skulls. since there are not many other players (16-20 being the best instance at that!) this result stink. Even with the required motes lowered to 5000 from 15000 on other servers, the chamber does not open as often. And then with exception of 20-25 the only chamber instance that spawns does not get filled. The best I have seen so far had been about 10 players in the instance.

So no dragon scales the easy way. And even with drought getting more than 1.5k / hour is a real feat. To get a tier with scales, this means 6 hours farming only for the scale.

Suggestions:
- Make Keys and Fangs and Lich Dust exchangeable (at 1/2 original mote price) back into motes. I got at least 40 fangs and 30 keys during this mabar festival I do not have any use for.
- Since drop is keyed on spawned monsters, make more monsters spawn in instances where there are few players. Or make the few monsters drop more items.

HongKongKid
11-06-2012, 10:13 AM
On my level 14 arti in the cr 12-17 area I am having great difficulty getting fangs or lich dust. And regarding the lich, I havent even seen one of the things. Vamps plenty. I killed plenty too. But I didn't get any fangs. I eventually bought fangs from trader. I saw in my party that some people were getting two vampire fangs at a time. I got nada and Im aggro. Does draught affect fangs and dust? And will killing vamps solo in no party increase the possibility of a fang drop? Please increase fang drop rate and lich spawn rate. Maybe there aren't enough people online to spawn a lich during my play times but then that is so unfair.

Dunklerlindwurm
11-07-2012, 01:23 AM
Wow.....the first Thread on the Wayfinder Forum in 2 months...this must be celebrated :D

sdrocky
11-11-2012, 07:57 PM
I have been. LOL.