PDA

View Full Version : Why cant I make spell focus trinkets?

DDOisFree
08-06-2012, 06:31 AM
I have a bound to account Greater Necromancy Shard +6, and a bound to character craftable +8 trinket.

When I put the focus shard into the bound item machine it says I can put it on a trinket, but when I add the trinket it doesnt let me craft anything.

shadereaper33
08-06-2012, 06:49 AM
I know when they first added the craftable trinkets you had to disjunct them before you could craft actual shards on them, even though they said craftable +5 and you could put the potential increasing shards on it. Might be the problem here.

WielderofGigantus
08-06-2012, 07:20 AM
Any difference if you put the trinket into the machine first and the shard in second? You're saying the recipe disappears when both are put into the machine?

DDOisFree
08-06-2012, 08:12 AM
I already buffed it up to +8 craftable and dont want to disjunction it again after that :x

I needed a +!0 trinket for +2 necro focus and greater void lore, but it wont let me make it :(

No matching recipes found no matter what way around I put them. I'll have to look for a shard of power now.

Ah I had another trinket and it works after disjunctioning it, so I just wasted loads of essences getting the first one up to +8 doh.

EllisDee37
08-06-2012, 09:51 PM
Yep trinkets must be deconned first regardless of where you get them. (Store, chests, risia.) Unfortunately, the only shards that can be applied before disjunction are potential shards, which are typically the first shards applied. This ends up costing a lot of players a lot of essences.

chrichton
08-08-2012, 01:32 PM
Yep trinkets must be deconned first regardless of where you get them. (Store, chests, risia.) Unfortunately, the only shards that can be applied before disjunction are potential shards, which are typically the first shards applied. This ends up costing a lot of players a lot of essences.
No - there must be more to the story. I purchased a craftable trinket from the DDO store and I did not need to disjunct it in order to craft an alacrity shard onto it.

EllisDee37
08-08-2012, 02:24 PM
No - there must be more to the story. I purchased a craftable trinket from the DDO store and I did not need to disjunct it in order to craft an alacrity shard onto it.You got lucky. I wouldn't count on it, though, especially since a dust of disjunction is essentially free.

Other people have specifically said that store trinkets don't work until deconned.

Eighnuss
08-08-2012, 02:26 PM
I made fire and elec absorption trinkets from ddo store trinkets and do not recall deconning them prior