PDA

View Full Version : Prefixes that became suffixes

Bonulino
07-27-2012, 08:56 AM
Although I and others have submitted bug reports about this, I do not see it in the list of known issues, nor has it been fixed in either of the patches. Therefore, I am posting it here in the hopes that a dev will see it and at least give us an idea when it might be fixed.

After the Update 14, some crafting shards that had been prefixes were changed into suffixes, and vice versa, For example, Proof Against Poison went from being a prefix to being a suffix. Unfortunately, the name of the shard that pops up when you put the tool tip over it is still Proof Against Poison Shard, rather than Shard of Proof Against Poison. The shard naming convention is being violated here. Also, when you put the shard into the item crafting machine, it says that the resulting item will be a Proof Against Poison item, rather than an item of Proof Against Poison. So, it sounds like it ought to be a prefix. However, when you try to apply it to an item that has a suffix but no prefix, it says the item already has a suffix. So, it acts like it is now a suffix. And finally, if you apply the Proof Against Poison Shard to an item which already has a prefix, it will apply the property to the item while retaining the existing prefix property, but it will overwrite the prefix name of the existing property with the Proof Against Poison enhancement.

Admittedly, this is not an urgent issue, but I would like to see it acknowledged and an estimate made of when it will be fixed. It can be worked around, but it is confusing and makes life unnecessarily hard for those new to crafting. I certainly wasted time and essences while I upgraded to +10 my old Proof Against Poison property, which got nerfed down to +6 with the Upgrade 14.

Praper
08-07-2012, 12:52 AM
Seeker shard is the same issue.

auntjobiska
08-07-2012, 04:09 AM
And Natural Armor Bonus

AJ

HunterjWizzard
08-08-2012, 12:15 PM
I've been railing against the ambiguity of the shard/shard of naming convention ever since I started crafting.

Tell me: when you drop one of these shards into the deconstructor, what does it come up with: Lordan's Ultimate Remover or Parafets Leading Disolver? That would be a true measure of just how bugged it is if its behaving like a suffix but still uses the prefix to be disjuncted.

bboybaggens
08-26-2012, 02:58 PM
Yeah, having the same issue here. I had my necklace all planned out (Prof Poison pre and Natural Armor suf). Now I can't make it even though the name (prof against poison SHARD and SHARD of Natural Armor) would indicate these are a prefix and suffix.

chrichton
08-27-2012, 01:54 PM
I *thought* that, for those effects that have this problem, changing the order in which you apply the crafted shards can help. This worked for me with natural armor. Unfortunately, I don't remember which needs to be first :(

shawnvw
09-04-2012, 12:01 PM
Unfortunately, I don't think it's as simple as prefixes becoming suffixes or vice versa. I think some attributes are now prefixes on some accessories and suffixes on others!

Look in the Auction House and search for "Intimidating" and then "of Intimidation". I think you'll find that it's a prefix for rings and a suffix for everything else. Or something like that.

The devs definitely need to clarify this, especially if the naming convention no longer applies.

Meanwhile, use the AH like I suggested, to determine what your shards can be applied to as prefixes and/or suffixes.

donfilibuster
09-04-2012, 02:40 PM
Shouldn't be too bad, i believe there's more prefixes than suffixes.
Proof of poison looks good as a suffix, surely not hard to fit in.

masterzzan
09-06-2012, 04:07 AM
ok i was able to do a thing that works with the bugged pre\sufix. what you do is first apply the other sufix that you wanted(not the bugged one) then the bugged one.on the plus side then you can also add a normal prefix and have a 3 powered item.

i made a ring of +6 dex +3 armor of med fortification. (would have been heavy but at the time i lacked ing and im a warforge so 100 fort anyway)

maybe that is what they meant in the past release notes by: "new power mutation appears ,go and find them"

HunterjWizzard
09-06-2012, 12:22 PM
Could you list the exact order in which you applied what shards in order to accomplish this?

donfilibuster
09-06-2012, 04:49 PM
And is done with regular shards and not flexible shards? this is getting very interesting.

masterzzan
09-06-2012, 07:07 PM
im sorry im not sure of order. one of two( go experiment on natural +1 shard. level 1 combust shard and a +1 to a skill shard( the natural 1 armor is the bugged one)

one of two ways. ether the suffix (in this case the +1 to say hide skill) then the bugged(natural armor) then the prefix(combust), pretty sure this is the right way...BUT if im wrong then do the prefix first then the bugged natural armor then the suffix. one of them should work.i was testing it first on a trinket. but i think a ring will also work.

Kinerd
09-07-2012, 05:46 PM
ok i was able to do a thing that works with the bugged pre\sufix. what you do is first apply the other sufix that you wanted(not the bugged one) then the bugged one.on the plus side then you can also add a normal prefix and have a 3 powered item.

i made a ring of +6 dex +3 armor of med fortification. (would have been heavy but at the time i lacked ing and im a warforge so 100 fort anyway)

maybe that is what they meant in the past release notes by: "new power mutation appears ,go and find them"Look, devs, it's a bug that benefits players!

There, it should be fixed tomorrow.