PDA

View Full Version : Your character is corrupt

Grimknot
06-25-2012, 11:38 PM
I played DDO in 2006 when it was new and quit when it ran out of content. Recently decided to give it a new try with some friends. After logging in every character that I have returns the message, "This character is corrupt, please contact support."

What to do?

Ilindith
06-25-2012, 11:40 PM
I played DDO in 2006 when it was new and quit when it ran out of content. Recently decided to give it a new try with some friends. After logging in every character that I have returns the message, "This character is corrupt, please contact support."

What to do?

I'd say contact support, derp?

Grimknot
06-25-2012, 11:44 PM
I'd say contact support, derp?

And here I thought this was the "In-Game Customer Service" forum...

Ilindith
06-25-2012, 11:59 PM
Yeah...good luck here... Try this instead

http://support.turbine.com/ics/support/ticketnewwizard.asp?style=classic&deptID=24001&

or

Contact Account Support via telephone at: 1-781-407-4020

Monday through Friday: 10:00 am to 9:00 pm Eastern (GMT -5)

Saturday and Sunday: 12:00 noon to 9:00pm Eastern (GMT -5)

Vellrad
06-26-2012, 12:06 AM
If you was not playing that long, create new character.

Maybe you logged out in some now non existing location or something ;P

Grimknot
06-26-2012, 02:51 AM
If you was not playing that long, create new character.

Maybe you logged out in some now non existing location or something ;P

Well I had at least one character at max level and several between 7-10, plus any plat or items they had on them.

As to where I logged out, I'm sure that could be possible for one or two of them, but not all of them. Unless the main city at the time is no longer existent.

I've put in a ticket through the link Ilindeth provided, which was much more helpful than her/his/it's first post by the way :)

I'll try and give them a call tomorrow perchance.

Vellrad
06-26-2012, 10:12 AM
Well I had at least one character at max level and several between 7-10, plus any plat or items they had on them.

As to where I logged out, I'm sure that could be possible for one or two of them, but not all of them. Unless the main city at the time is no longer existent.

I've put in a ticket through the link Ilindeth provided, which was much more helpful than her/his/it's first post by the way :)

I'll try and give them a call tomorrow perchance.

The thing is, create a new character, because game have changed SO MUCH that you won't recognize it :P

Grimknot
06-26-2012, 03:46 PM
Can't create a new character, can't delete the ones I have. Same corrupt message. Called support today, they were unable to help. Said they never heard of such and I'd have to put an ingame ticket in. Can't log in to put in an ingame ticket. So they said to do it via the website, which I did yesterday. Currently awaiting a reply.

daVoyd
06-26-2012, 03:55 PM
For this particular issue, you will want to put a ticket into the Tech Support team. They have the ability to start the process to get your characters into a better state.

rekn2
06-27-2012, 09:34 AM
same thing happened to me ,bro. reply to this thread if they give you a real fix. would really like to play my old chars again

Grimknot
06-27-2012, 04:56 PM
same thing happened to me ,bro. reply to this thread if they give you a real fix. would really like to play my old chars again

Have you submitted a ticket rekn2? I still haven't heard anything :(

AuraAten
07-04-2012, 07:04 AM
So. there is no more in-game support. I have to submit a ticket, hope it will be viewed in 2-4 working days....thats a shame...in-game support was one of the big sellers for me. I wonder how well this will go over. Cmon you guys....dont turn into wow.