PDA

View Full Version : Conflicting Cannith info: tendon slice on ranged?

chrichton
05-16-2012, 01:48 PM
I have heard both that tendon slice can and cannot be placed on a ranged weapon (ie: longbow). Can someone clarify this from experience?

TIA

chrichton
05-21-2012, 12:49 PM
Bump - anyone?

Glenalth
05-21-2012, 01:01 PM
Just open the item crafting altar and it will tell you.

chrichton
05-23-2012, 12:53 PM
I am looking for someone who actually knows based on experience, as other sources of info have been known to be incorrect.

Glenalth
05-23-2012, 02:21 PM
I am looking for someone who actually knows based on experience, as other sources of info have been known to be incorrect.

And opening the crafting altar would give you that experience.

chrichton
05-24-2012, 12:36 PM
And opening the crafting altar would give you that experience.

And if the crafting alter is wrong? (as has happened in the past)

[edit] Seriously - I don't know why you are being such a ****** about this. If you don't want to or cannot answer, then don't post.

Zeruell
05-24-2012, 03:02 PM

[edit] Seriously - I don't know why you are being such a ****** about this. If you don't want to or cannot answer, then don't post.

You've been waiting over a week on this. His suggestion isn't out of place. The tone of your rebuttal, however...

I'd just burn the paltry sum of ingredients required for a 2% shard and see how it goes. Best-case: you end up disjuncting the bow again. Worst case: you deconstruct the shard.

Zeruell
05-24-2012, 07:59 PM

http://img854.imageshack.us/img854/9186/cannithtendonslice.jpg

Here's your water. Now, drink up.

chrichton
05-29-2012, 01:16 PM
Don't know what kind of jab the "water" thing is, but thanks for the answer.

I had read the description in-game before posting, but did not think to craft the shard and try to put it on a bow. Silly me - I thought asking the forums was a straightforward easy thing to do . . . Usually, folks here are very helpful and responsive.

eris2323
05-29-2012, 01:21 PM

I had read the description in-game before posting, but did not think to craft the shard and try to put it on a bow. Silly me - I thought asking the forums was a straightforward easy thing to do . . . Usually, folks here are very helpful and responsive.

Yeah, uh, no.

Here, the Forums Trolls will just give you 'neg rep' when they don't like you, until you are 'moderated' on the forums, and they win their 'arguments'.

It is what happens when DDO allows their users to judge the 'worthiness' of anothers posts.

Welcome to DDO Forums!

Zeruell
05-29-2012, 03:07 PM
Yeah, uh, no.

Here, the Forums Trolls will just give you 'neg rep' when they don't like you, until you are 'moderated' on the forums, and they win their 'arguments'.

It is what happens when DDO allows their users to judge the 'worthiness' of anothers posts.

Welcome to DDO Forums!

A little out of place.

My perception was that you didn't react well to the initial "I may not know, but here's a simple way to find out" response. It's slightly more understandable if you didn't fully grasp what Glenalth was suggesting, and I'll grant that, in that light, my tone was fairly harsh.

As an extra tidbit -- the results of that screenshot apply to thrown weapons as well.

LightBear
05-30-2012, 04:09 PM
Imho the reaction of the op is in place, he asked an honest question and got a reaction that very easily can be interpreted as a troll. He then stated directly that he does not understand the reaction and ask politely to step it up of donĀ“t show up. I must also admit that the all ready got the "don't show up" reaction and he wasn't happy about that as well. It took others to explain how the initial reaction should be interpreted and then someone was really being helpful to show the answer the op was looking for by example (kudos for that one).

After the apology made by the op and him saying that he now understands what was meant there was (or rather is) no need to continue on the subject.