PDA

View Full Version : where is everyone?

Slimeball
05-14-2012, 10:07 PM
so the game said this would be a good server to start out playing and after 30min in lfm with no one joining or sending me any tells guess this server isn't meant for me.

Bimbelbo
05-15-2012, 10:19 AM
Come to Khyber or Argonessen, there are 1000x more players, Wayfinder is kind of a failed project, it's like playing offline :). More players make it easier to find a party, a functioning economy makes it far easier to get the items you need, since nearly all relevant items (that aren't bound to character) you can only buy from other players (e.g. via the aution house), and this market it thriving on the big servers. Also, more social aspects of course...

Llewndyn
05-15-2012, 11:22 AM
I thought Wayfinder was a German or foreign language only server, saw a couple of posts from German speaking players getting annoyed when those that don't speak German try to join groups there... and the fact that no one seems to be on there would lend credence to more people than me thinking the same thing...

I may be wrong though.

stainer
05-15-2012, 11:23 AM
I thought Wayfinder was a German or foreign language only server, saw a couple of posts from German speaking players getting annoyed when those that don't speak German try to join groups there... and the fact that no one seems to be on there would lend credence to more people than me thinking the same thing...

I may be wrong though.

Somewhat true, but it is not very populated, even with German speakers.

Skar
05-15-2012, 12:35 PM
Yeah, it is a bit sad. Compared to other worlds nothing is going on here.
I was doing 100-favor runs on other servers and some had more lv 20 bards online than wayfinder lv 20 chars. All had more raid lfms than Wayfinder has total lfms.
All raids seem to fill and fill quickly, where on Wayfinder only the organized ones have a chance at all.

Do the developers care ?

countfitz
05-15-2012, 02:31 PM
Wayfinder is a great server to challenge yourself to see if you still have the skills to play the game as an untwinked brand new player. It should not be for new players.

It would also have been nice if DDO gave foreigners the chance to transfer everything, guild included, onto Wayfinder to create what they wanted, a foreign language server. But alas, who is going to go onto a new server and start new just to have that, when what they've already got is working just fine?

Slimeball
05-15-2012, 02:32 PM
I just downloaded game like a week ago and finally got around to playing and it didn't say anything about german speaking server It said recommended world wayfinder. Here soon I will make a toon on khyber it sounds like that was recommended by someone. think I might post on recruitment thread first though see if I get any hits.

Zillee
05-15-2012, 02:42 PM
Khyber is best option. I've made a number of toons on the different servers for TP farming and it really is the most active out of the lot.

That said, you really don't see the potential of a server in terms of numbers to run with until you get out of Korthos.

Cormath
05-15-2012, 02:46 PM
There are a couple of active servers (sarlona, kyber ,etc). Also be aware many of us are in the test beta server, so populaton may seem lower than normal.

Suggest building a toon on each server and trying them out. Also will help you build your favor points. Find some friends and then decide on the server to hang out with them.

Memnir
05-15-2012, 03:04 PM

I may be wrong though.It was advertised as a German server, during Gamescon - a German gaming convention. I honestly feel that Turbine did so simply to cash in on the hype of the convention, and it was a blunder, a misstep that never panned out the way they'd hoped it would. Not to mention a big lesson that giving any server an official designation to set it apart from the others is an astoundingly bad idea.

Llewndyn
05-15-2012, 04:52 PM
There's always something going on, but if you likeda drama... Khyber's your place

I heard that somewhere :P

countfitz
05-15-2012, 05:03 PM
It was advertised as a German server, during Gamescon - a German gaming convention. I honestly feel that Turbine did so simply to cash in on the hype of the convention, and it was a blunder, a misstep that never panned out the way they'd hoped it would. Not to mention a big lesson that giving any server an official designation to set it apart from the others is an astoundingly bad idea.

My point exactly. They "said" something, in hopes people would, on their own, do something, without help, incentive or reason, other than a vague mention, and now nobody joins that server. We won't because we were told it was for Germans, and Germans don't because they were already on other servers or find that wayfinder doesn't have a German population.

Skar
05-16-2012, 12:32 AM
It just occured to me that Wayfinder is the only meaningful name among servers.
Here you truly have to find your way, whereas on other serves you are just washed away by a flood of pugs :X

fintune
05-16-2012, 12:35 PM
Yes, Wayfinder is not really overpopulated, but still fun to play.
Best way to play is a nice guild, there a some bigger and active guilds out there.

If i want to group, i just have to ask in my guild, theres always someone to group with on.
Atm i am at a 127 elite streak, so even that is possible on wayfinder.

We do weekly raids like shroud and HoX, we even succeeded in finishing a Epic Chrono Raid on this monday.

And no, Wayfinder isnt a German-only server, and no one is has a problem with non german player joining a PuG.

Fintune, proud member of Drachenzorn

P.S: still would be nice if Devs could give Wayfinder some kind of love... not even copying to lamannia is possible

sdrocky
05-16-2012, 09:37 PM
Best thing they could do for Wayfinder at the moment is drop the DE of the end and just make it a server.

Fin*
Hunters of Wayfinder

Been on wayfinder since day 1 and still going.

Dunklerlindwurm
05-21-2012, 06:34 AM
It was advertised as a German server, during Gamescon - a German gaming convention. I honestly feel that Turbine did so simply to cash in on the hype of the convention, and it was a blunder, a misstep that never panned out the way they'd hoped it would. Not to mention a big lesson that giving any server an official designation to set it apart from the others is an astoundingly bad idea.

Can only agree with what Memnir said.

Played since day 1 on Wayfinder (transfered from Orien)

While the population was increasing in the first weeks/months it seems to be decreasing more and more now.

Can you imagine? We have only done a total of 1 ToD on the whole server so far in the whole time.
Not a single Lord of Blades...and failed on a Normal Master artificer(Lack of phycial dps for Ronny).

What makes things worse of course are alot of germans who dont want to group with english speaking people which makes raid-grouping for harder content difficult.

Even our highest guild on the Server (Superiority Complex) seems to have lost alot of people.

If i could transfer back to Orien for free....
i would do it.
And i was first someone who was defending to stay on wayfinder.
But it seems turbine has lost interest in this problem.

Totensonntag
05-21-2012, 08:23 AM
Played since day 1 on Wayfinder (transfered from Orien)
[...]
We have only done a total of 1 ToD on the whole server so far in the whole time.

To make things worse: As far as I know some bug useing was involved in this ToD run. So it's no accomplishment. (And no more runs after exploit was fixed.)

Another proof for Wayfinder being in bad shape:

Guild "Blut" (currently lvl54 and about 2 active players in general) is ranked 3rd. It's only Drachenzorn and Sup. Complex who managed get a higher level.

I'm most disappointed with the "2 active players in general"-part. -.-

jfgddo
02-15-2013, 01:50 PM
Well I am thinking of making a new guy on wayfinder just to get away from my current server (ARGO) every once in a while. Kinda like a fresh start because I know alot more now then I did when I started playing. Depending if the servers come back on today from this global maintenence, I just might pay you all a visit! FYI I'll make a Clogue, just in case its really as bad as some of the posts previously stated, for solo ability and diversity.

Uska
02-15-2013, 01:52 PM
Wrong server really go to Khyber, Argo, or Thealnis

samthedagger
02-15-2013, 01:55 PM
Who told you to go to Wayfinder? Turbine? As others have said it was advertised as a German server. But I know a number of Germans who haven't bought into it and continue to play on Argonesson (my server). Khyber and Thelanis are also good places to go. Wayfinder is basically a dead server.

~Susie1262
02-15-2013, 02:12 PM
Necro much?

psykopeta
02-15-2013, 02:46 PM
necroserver is the latin translation of wayfinder

rofl

dragon2fire
02-15-2013, 05:23 PM
Wayfinder is a great server to challenge yourself to see if you still have the skills to play the game as an untwinked brand new player. It should not be for new players.

It would also have been nice if DDO gave foreigners the chance to transfer everything, guild included, onto Wayfinder to create what they wanted, a foreign language server. But alas, who is going to go onto a new server and start new just to have that, when what they've already got is working just fine?

my serach fu is bad but they did offer that when wayfinder went live and for many months after.

sdrocky
03-14-2013, 06:40 AM
wish they would just remove the DE and be done with it.

Bah, sick of the inaction considering me and many others have spent cold hard cash on char only purchases.

Either remove the DE or give us transfer options so you can either make or break this server.

As it stands its probably not even paying its electricity bill let alone its ROI.