PDA

View Full Version : Rogue Crippling Strike still worth taking in endgame?

dTarkanan
09-27-2011, 10:21 AM
Pretty much what it says- I've been playing a rogue at the endgame for awhile. Conventional wisdom when I first made the rogue was that crippling strike was crucial, but I can't say I've noticed a major effect from it. Then again, I've always had it, so perhaps I just take it for granted? Obviously opportunist is the new must have, but does anyone play without crippling strike in favor of, say, an extra skill mastery?

WangChi
09-27-2011, 10:25 AM
Pretty much what it says- I've been playing a rogue at the endgame for awhile. Conventional wisdom when I first made the rogue was that crippling strike was crucial, but I can't say I've noticed a major effect from it. Then again, I've always had it, so perhaps I just take it for granted? Obviously opportunist is the new must have, but does anyone play without crippling strike in favor of, say, an extra skill mastery?

Opportunist, Imp. Evasion, Skill Masteryx2

Crippling Strike is completely useless. I had from level 16-20 and dumped it for skill mastery and haven't noticed a difference. Elite/Epic raids, Amrath, etc., crippling strike is a total waste.

Bodic
09-27-2011, 10:29 AM
the thing is that if you look at your combat log you would see it is s tacking -2str granted the regen is so fast you cant stun them for very long. I can, and have in IQ.

a Set of weaking of enfeebiling+crippling strike is 3-9 str damage per swing so you do the math the extra 2 adds up.

Amarath and Epics is a total different monster as they are very resistant to stat debuffs.

Angelus_dead
09-27-2011, 10:31 AM
For Crippling Strike to be properly effective, the devs would have to fix the AC system so that -1 to -10 on an enemy's attack rolls would be a noticeable benefit in standard circumstances.

Spoprockel
09-27-2011, 10:44 AM
I still have it on my rogue since my skills are high enough without a second skill mastery feat.

The only places i notice a benefit are IQ (especially the dream reavers have silly high HP on elite) and the way to HoX, where a few swings at the beholders leave them unable to cast.

I wish they would lower the 95% immunity of epic mobs, but i guess it won't happen :(