PDA

View Full Version : Problem with arti scrolls and handwraps

axebender
09-14-2011, 09:58 AM
Not sure if thia ia intended but in order to cast adimantin weap or elemental weapon scrolls u muat be wielding the weapon..thia is fine for any other class to dowith umd because u can wield a weapon andwield a scroll at the same time but it doesnt work for anyone using hand wraps as u must unequipt them totally from both hands in order to wield a scroll..kinda messed up if it was intended this way as a monk not being able to do this on hand wraps for such small a thing..just wondering devs was this aspect of yhe spell takin into account

Sorry for the spelling writting this on my phone

Arovin
09-14-2011, 10:52 AM
Not sure if thia ia intended but in order to cast adimantin weap or elemental weapon scrolls u muat be wielding the weapon..thia is fine for any other class to dowith umd because u can wield a weapon andwield a scroll at the same time but it doesnt work for anyone using hand wraps as u must unequipt them totally from both hands in order to wield a scroll..kinda messed up if it was intended this way as a monk not being able to do this on hand wraps for such small a thing..just wondering devs was this aspect of yhe spell takin into account

Sorry for the spelling writting this on my phone

It is the same for anyone using a two handed or ranged weapon. Most Bards will not be able to infuse their own weapons :(

Seikojin
09-14-2011, 11:53 AM
Good one. Maybe later on it will be addressed. Bug it.

Bodic
09-14-2011, 12:03 PM
Good one. Maybe later on it will be addressed. Bug it.

Not a bug it is WAI look at MT and 2handed weapons same principle applies when scroll casting on self.

edit: dont all monks get adamantine fist anyway so its really moot for monks.

dkyle
09-14-2011, 12:08 PM
I think they should just make scrolls work like potions. Cast them from inventory, instead of needing to specifically equip them. That would solve this wonkiness of being unable to self-cast these infusions on THF or handwraps. And alleviate some weapon swapping annoyances, given how lousy the game can be at actually swapping weapons when asked to.

If they don't want us to be able to self cast weapon infusions from scrolls, that would make some sense, but making it work for TWF and not for THF/unarmed is a puzzling game design choice. Made them work for all, or none. Even though my TWF Bard is loving the new scrolls :cool:

Rusty_Can
09-14-2011, 12:41 PM

At lvl 16: plenty of multi-classed characters which need adamantine on their handwraps.

rimble
09-14-2011, 12:45 PM
At lvl 16: plenty of multi-classed characters which need adamantine on their handwraps.

Group with an Artificer. :p

Bodic
09-14-2011, 12:55 PM

Do I need to repeat myself Master Touch works the same way. Do you feel that Handwraps are more special than the other two handed weapons I find that they are equal. It is how it has been to self cast from scroll to an item in your hand you cant have an item that occupies two hands.

Give the scroll to someone else to cast it upon you or even the spell. You have managed without long enough so now that there is something you really really want, and it doesn't work for you due to scroll process you want it changed just for you.

If this was a thread that incompassed all two handed weapons and all scrolls to weapon in hand then I would be more inclined to agree with a desired change.

I for one would rather see "Adamantine Weapons" scrolls removed from vendor as that will OP so many things more so than Ddoor did.

Rusty_Can
09-14-2011, 01:40 PM
Do I need to repeat myself Master Touch works the same way. Do you feel that Handwraps are more special than the other two handed weapons I find that they are equal.

You misunderstood my post. You wrote

I only pointed out that

You assumed I was agreeing with the OP. I'm not.

axebender
09-14-2011, 07:36 PM
Do I need to repeat myself Master Touch works the same way. Do you feel that Handwraps are more special than the other two handed weapons I find that they are equal. It is how it has been to self cast from scroll to an item in your hand you cant have an item that occupies two hands.

Give the scroll to someone else to cast it upon you or even the spell. You have managed without long enough so now that there is something you really really want, and it doesn't work for you due to scroll process you want it changed just for you.

If this was a thread that incompassed all two handed weapons and all scrolls to weapon in hand then I would be more inclined to agree with a desired change.

I for one would rather see "Adamantine Weapons" scrolls removed from vendor as that will OP so many things more so than Ddoor did.

this would op nothing in my opinion if scrolls where removed for adamantine it would change nothing for those that grp wit an arti and just have it cast this scroll use just removes the soloability of not bothering or waiting for one. many scrolls are already useless and i question y they are even at so many vendors to buy in bulk. umd is a skill many invest in and that includes the ability to use scrolls witch is long over due for more variety and now we have a little bit of it. so anyways regardless this is now in the known issues,

just a question how did ddoor overpower anything? to divert death? you can buy rez cakes in the ddo store.....

MRH
09-14-2011, 07:45 PM
its due to them being Artificer scrolls..... not monk scrolls

even if you can umd them.... you need someone to cast it on you

That is how it should be , unless you want to enchant a kama in your off hand , but handwraps can't