PDA

View Full Version : Pure AC build TR into more AC - Advice Please

2x4
09-08-2011, 08:01 PM
I have a pure AC build toon at L20. His walking around AC is 69 (self buffing) with clickie I can get to 74. In a shroud run with good AC support I got to 84. I could have boosted this more with a couple pots but I didn't bother.

Here is my build (there are better ones I'm sure but I think this is a traditional oldie):

L1 Monk
L2 Pally
L3 Ranger
L4 Ranger
5 - Paladin
6 - Ranger - Toughness
7 - Ranger
8 - Ranger - Favored enemy: Giant
9 - Ranger - Spring Attack --- this is also when you take the Tempest 1 enhancement
10 - Ranger
11 - Ranger
12 - Ranger - Improved Critical Slashing
13 - Ranger - Favored enemy: Evil Outsider
14 - Ranger
15 - Ranger - Combat Expertise (this is a mode that you toggle on/off it gives +5 ac at the cost of -5 to attack, spells cost double sp while in this mode)
16 - Paladin
17 - Paladin
18 - Paladin - Oversized Two Weapon Fighting or Power Attack. Up to you. If missing too much with Combat Expertise on take OTWF. If not hitting hard enough take PA.
19 - Paladin
20 - Paladin

Two important gear I have is Icy Raiment and the Chattering ring.

I may have the first 4 levels out of sequence. It has been a long time since I built him.

I posted the above in a different thread as a response but I would like to ask the community to look at this build and please provide me suggestions about TR'ing into same build and how to get even more AC? If not possible please also explain.

I have 32 point build so could you also suggest starting stats for the TR build? Thanks.

kuro_zero
09-08-2011, 08:21 PM
Without rest of gear listing can't really help much to eek out more.

TWD gives another +1 feat bonua to AC (stacks) and qualifies for pre-req for tempest III.

Race? Stats? GLaDOS in first life had CE and PA. Didn't like the DPS hit when in AC mode. When I TR'd, I dumped INT and used the extra build points in dex and wis to get same AC maintaining power attack.

2x4
09-08-2011, 08:45 PM
Race: Halfling

Gear:
Trinket - Greater Nimble Trinket (Tier 3)
Necklace - Great commander necklace of existential stalemate (tier 2)
Head - Minos Legens
Eyes: Goggles of battle skill
Armour: Icy Raiment
Wrists - Armoured bracers +8
Ring 1 - Tumbleweed
Boots - Ferather falling
Hands - Epic Brawling gloves (tier 3)
Ring 2 - Chattering Ring
Belt - Defender of Siberys
Cloak - Protect +5
Weap 1 - Lit 2 (Tier 3 with AC +4 insight)
Weap 2 - Min 2 (tier 3)

With above items AC breaks down as follows:

10 base
8 dex
6 wis
8 armour
3 shield
5 deflection
9 dodge
9 miscellaneous
6 feat
1 size
= 63
Ranger bark adds +5
Pally armour 3 adds +4

So can get to 72 by myself.

Friendliest buffs as I reported above got me to 84.

So if I TR same build can I get above 63? or is there more gear I need to get me up there?

Also, I have only used +2 books no +3 yet as I was concentrating on the 3 GS items.

EDIT: I've noticed that ship buffs on DEX and Felicia D'enith stacks on my AC

Faent
09-08-2011, 08:50 PM
Here's an older breakdown of my Exploiter (18 RNG / 1 ROG / 1 MNK):

10 Base
01 Dodge Feat
04 Icy Raiments Dodge
01 Alchemical Dodge
08 Wisdom
15 Dexterity
03 Chattering Ring
04 Insight (Min II)
05 Protection (Min II)
05 Barkskin
08 Armored Bracers
04 Tempest III Shield Bonus
01 Haste
05 Combat Expertise
03 Airship (+3 Stacking Natural Armor)
02 Mabar Cloak (Dodge)
01 Two Weapon Defense
------------

That's self-buffed and without Ranger Favored Defense Enhancements, which take it higher. Your pally/ranger/monk should be able to self-buff higher. You're dropping Ranger Tempest III and sitting at Tempest II (good choice). This costs you 1 AC point (which you can temporarily replace with a Shield Wand).

You're adding a Paladin 7 which opens Bulkwark of Good II, netting you an additional +3 to AC. A three piece Abishai set will net you an additional +1. So you should be able to hit 85 self-buffed on an Elf or Helf. (That'd be on a high DEX, moderate WIS build.) And you can go higher still with better gear.

2x4
09-08-2011, 08:57 PM
thanks

t0r012
09-08-2011, 09:45 PM
I'd go dodge , CE and TWD

with epic Siren Ward set
belt +8 AC , + 5 Protect with the neck getting set bonus of +4 insight for some nice consolidation
icy for 4 dodge
chattering/epic grims for dodge 3 (new verison of egrim is dodge 3 and +7 str)

grab dodge 2 from mabar cloak or chaosgardes

1 dodge from somewhere cove or crafted trinket or mabar cloak if you go chaosgarde for your +2 dodge.

10 base, 8 armor,5portect,4insight,4dodge,3dodge,2dodge,1dodg e,1dodge(feat),1TWD, 5 ranger bark,5 (CE), 1 dodge(alch).
and your + str item is covered with egrim and con is covered with siren neck leaving dex and wis with boots , gloves , helm
dex on boots, wis on helm both work.
so base gear and feats break down to 50 standing before dex & wis bonuses
safe side lets go 7 dex (16 base +6 item +2 tome=24)
lets go lower with the wis and say 5 (12 base +6 item + 2 tome= 20)
so 62 standing only buff is your self provided +5 ranger bark with lowball stats.
oops and forgot tempest II +3 shield but you'd be better off taking 1 rogue to get UMD to shield wand for +4.

if you can get talked in to halfling that is more freebie right there for race

and I know I'm missing something beyond party buffs.

---------------
edit
forgot the spare ring slot in open gear. so after dex on boots and wis on helm you have 1 ring and gloves open to slot a resist if your Icy +4 isn't enough and you need full +5.
still missing something though, I just know it.

2x4
09-09-2011, 06:43 AM
Thanks Toro very helpfull