PDA

View Full Version : Why wasn't Turbine and DDO at DragonCon

redraider
09-08-2011, 01:43 PM
With my recent venture out to DragonCon here in Atlanta with an estimated 45,000 of my closest friends, I had to wonder why Turbine and DDO weren't there.

I know they just finished PAX and they do E3, but what an opportunity missed. 45,000 people into fantasy, steampunk (artificer is the ultimate MMO steampunk persona), and gaming. Sounds like the right place for DDO and LOTRO.

Most of the other gaming concerns were missing as well. I don't begin to know the economics of Turbine's advertising choices, but after spending time there Labor Day weekend, I can just say that Turbine, you sure missed the boat on this one! :rolleyes:

redraider
09-08-2011, 01:43 PM
Don't you hate when you submit a thread and realize there is a grammatical error in the title... sigh...

Pape_27
09-08-2011, 01:49 PM
I guess they figure Pax East takes care of it, with DragonCon following so closely at its heels.

Besides DragonCon happens over a holiday weekend. What would you do if you were Turbine? Go two weeks before to Gotham and Pax East or work a holiday weekend in Hotlanta?

Personally, I love DragonCon, and am sorry i have missed the past few years. Love the boards, the vendors, the parties (Browncoats, eh? Shiny! You Rule!), the costumes (i know i know i am leaving out sooooo much) and to top it all off, the parade is something else to see!

jhorn02
09-08-2011, 01:51 PM
I was there as well and thought the same thing. I guess fantasy fan <> gamer in their minds. I didn't notice, but did other major game producers have a presence?

Missing_Minds
09-08-2011, 01:57 PM
Probably because WB owns them, and Turbine is now part of WB games (whatever that division is actually called). They'd need to get the WB ok.