6 precise shot
8wiz1 empower
9 toughness
12 Completionist
13wiz5 maximise
15 Improved critical ranged
18 improved precise shot
18wiz10 quicken

Access to wizard dots and buffs, many shot/IPS with slayer arrow imbue, TWF melee capability (sadly missing 3rd tier feat), and evasion with trap skills.

I wanted to fit in pale master in wraith form but it would take 3 more feats to do so it didn't make the cut.

I'm not gonna do lots huge calculations, because most people can see where it's going from the start and the feat plan.

Anyway, please let me know what you think and improvements to the design.

maddmatt70
09-04-2011, 02:16 AM
I have toyed around with this build concept myself and concur only with a ton of past lives does it make sense. I would prefer 12 wiz 6 ranger 2 monk because the feats are so precious and the rogue is well what have you. With the two extra feats you could take the pally past life feat and either the wiz past life feat or greater two weapon fighting and use epic konzek crueltys and mineral 2s scimitars. What will be your mass cc? You could in theory cast hypno or web but you need heighten to make that work.

Edit: you should have vampire form for the self healing otherwise what is the point.

Havok.cry
09-04-2011, 02:45 AM
I picked rogue over monk for a few reasons. One was trap skills, I like having them around. As to the taking greater two weapon fighting, my build doesn't get the BAB till level 16 when I only have 1 feat left that could be used there, and as this is an Arcane Archer I picked IPS over it. Sadly the monk bonus feats can't be used for GTWF or I would switch to monk in a heartbeat and just take the last monk level at 19 or 20... I could do that with a fighter level, but value evasion more than gtwf. Also I believe the DPS will be more than adequate with the dots, itwf and manyshot in any situation that needs it. As to mass CC... this build is DPS... it will suffer from the class icon expectations... but will really only be playing with guildies so I don't particularly care lol. It will never have usable mass CC from spells... IPS though is another matter. I hadn't looked at the paladins active past life feat however and fitting it in is worth looking into now that I have, thanks for bringing it to my attention.

Edit: And I hate vampires, and will never use that form. Besides its self healing is miniscule and does not apply to ranged combat, so I would often not even be benefiting from it. Also the build will have full ranks in UMD and be a 6th level ranger... I think I will beable to self heal just fine... and as stated before it would take more feats.

Dark-Star
09-04-2011, 10:51 AM
Have you considered Artificer? It will accomplish most of what you are trying to get from your posted build, have better self healing, more unique buffs, your DoTs get swapped for several decent nukes, and the best Blade Barrier in the game.

Havok.cry
09-04-2011, 12:18 PM
I had looked at artificer, but as one of the splashes. My initial reaction is that I like wizard more, but, I think I will go look at artificer and consider it a bit. Not sure I like the idea of trading dots for nukes as that would severely reduce my boss DPS and quickly burn through a much smaller sp pool if I use them on trash. Also,with artificer it would be better suited to repeaters, and this is the final build for a character that will be an Arcane Archer in all of it's lives. Also, unless they change the requirements to AA, artificer would not be able to use an enhancement point instead of having to take mental toughness. As to blade barrier they can't get it until level 14 (or maybe 15 if forget which), which would lose me either evasion or manyshot and itwf... so basically it would have to be changed enough that it would be unrecognizable from the original concept that changing to artificer is unattractive for me.

maddmatt70
09-04-2011, 12:56 PM
After some more thinking on this I would go with 13 wizard 6 ranger 1 fighter. You lose evasion, but would gain a feat, the spell finger of death, and the self healing of pale master. You would have the following feats:
1. point blank
1. Wiz bonus: spell focus necromancy
3. weapon focus range
6. Pally Past Life
8. wiz bonus: maximize
9. greater spell focus necromancy
12. improved crit range
15. Completionist
16. Wiz bonus: empower
17. fighter bonus: precise shot
18. improved precise shot

Edit: you can play around with the order of the feats but you get the idea..
Edit2: you swap around pally past life for gtwf or change fighter level to monk level and use wraps instead of scimitars or something like that but you get the idea.