PDA

View Full Version : twfer with rapiers

Barhai
08-23-2011, 03:05 PM
My oldest toon is pretty much useless right now and no amount of epic gear is going to change that (Kensei/assassin/tempest). So I'm thinking of TRing her. But all my weapons are rapiers (including a lit II and a rad II) and this was my only toon using rapier so I'd like to keep that aspect of the toon.
So what do you suggest for a build to use rapier that is useful in Epic quest and initially using small amount of epic gear.

grodon9999
08-23-2011, 03:06 PM
My oldest toon is pretty much useless right now and no amount of epic gear is going to change that (Kensei/assassin/tempest). So I'm thinking of TRing her. But all my weapons are rapiers (including a lit II and a rad II) and this was my only toon using rapier so I'd like to keep that aspect of the toon.
So what do you suggest for a build to use rapier that is useful in Epic quest and initially using small amount of epic gear.

Rogue, DPS will still be great and you're proficient.

Kale_Hagan
08-23-2011, 03:19 PM
What he said. I have a 20th rogue assassin, dual wielding rapiers, and my DPS is fine in Epics.

Tons and tons of fun. LUUUUUV my rogue assassin.

Kinerd
08-23-2011, 06:04 PM
Paladins also make very good use of rapiers.

unbongwah
08-24-2011, 02:43 PM
Is it worth going drow or elf for the racial bonuses to rapiers?

grodon9999
08-24-2011, 03:26 PM
Is it worth going drow or elf for the racial bonuses to rapiers?

Not when you can take Helf for the HV damage boost (at the same time as your rogue haste boost) and a dilly. Barb works nice as you don't have any class-based toughnesses.

Bodic
08-24-2011, 03:36 PM
Not when you can take Helf for the HV damage boost (at the same time as your rogue haste boost) and a dilly. Barb works nice as you don't have any class-based toughnesses.

You cant activate more than 1 boost at a time racial or class and that would double up you damage boosts as a rogue you are requird to take Dam Boost for assassin.

I do remember when it did stack and they were static my human rogue had a serious UMD back in 2006.

Halfing Human or Helf str build rogue w/rapiers is nice.

unbongwah
08-24-2011, 03:50 PM
You cant activate more than 1 boost at a time racial or class and that would double up you damage boosts as a rogue you are requird to take Dam Boost for assassin.
That's supposed to be one of the subtle-yet-significant changes in U11, IIUC; you can activate both a class & racial boost simultaneously. Also Dmg Boost is becoming a % increase in dmg rather than a flat bonus.

grodon9999
08-24-2011, 03:52 PM

I do remember when it did stack and they were static my human rogue had a serious UMD back in 2006.

Halfing Human or Helf str build rogue w/rapiers is nice.

Got a human guildie rogue who says otherwise but I cannot confirm for myself.