PDA

View Full Version : Paladin Nubbin' looking for Paladin build

Elidor
08-02-2011, 11:03 PM
Alright, so I'm not a huge fan of super-clicky hotbar mashing. I'm fine with using it, I just don't like non-stop panicking as I keep track of 6 cooldowns.

I'm looking for a mainly Paladin build that has takes advantage of UMD and utilizes the Paladin's more...iconic abilites (turn undead, lay on hands, that kind of stuff). I'm not looking for pure support, I just don't like the idea of making a Paladin that's essentially a fighter. I've always thought of the Paladin as being 3/4 fighter, 1/4 healer/support.

I've done some searching, but most of the links which I followed either led to something I couldn't comprehend or an outdated 2009 build.

I'd appreciate the help, even just a link to a build that meets my criteria. If such a build would be mostly useless, just lemme know ;)

Edit: Oh, and please make it for a free account. I don't plan on buying in the near feature, as I've yet to play.

EllisDee37
08-03-2011, 05:06 AM
Not entirely sure what you're looking for, but here (http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=327669) is a free-to-play paladin build that you can load up with whatever enhancements you like. I personally like to aim for Knight of the Chalice III, Exalted Smite IV, Extra Lay on Hands III, Divine Might III, Divine Sacrifice I and Unyielding Sovereignty.

I would definitely recommend at least 21 strength, meaning (for a human) you start with 16 and put all five levelups in strength. Any less than that would raise my eyebrows.

Elidor
08-03-2011, 06:07 PM
Looks perfect, thanks for the help!

ivo_rocker
08-03-2011, 06:23 PM
http://forums.ddo.com/showpost.php?p=1703213&postcount=1 this may help you a little, i can testify it is rather useful and fun. you'll be swinging THF weapons, make use of your iconic paladin skills, and still hit stuff 'till is no funny anymore :P

Elidor
08-03-2011, 10:36 PM
I see that the second build has less UMD.

Is the additional UMD in the first build useful? Are the spells it gains particularly useful?

Edit: Nevermind, I'm gonna go with the first for the added spells.

EllisDee37
08-04-2011, 12:19 AM
UMD from the rogue splash is pretty useful. In the low teens you can start using Raise Dead scrolls, which is very nice. Heal scrolls at later levels are pretty sweet as well. Restoration scrolls are also useful, though not as mission-critical.

Probably my favorite use of UMD is teleport scrolls starting in the low-to-mid teens. I run through those bad boys like water, and I love it.

I haven't gotten around to fleshing out the enhancements on that build yet, though I do still plan to. In any case, it involves multiple respecs as you level up, so don't be afraid to experiment. The most notable is going with Hunter of the Dead from level 7 to 13, then respeccing to Knight of the Chalice at level 14.