PDA

View Full Version : Armor and Cannith Crafting.

Kyln
06-04-2011, 01:12 PM
I have a question about the new crafting and armors.

Are there useful armor combinations that are currently possible, or are they completely left behind by named items.

I currently have a WF wiz/rog, a barb (dwarf), and a fvs (human and based off of superior soul--so primary caster with twf) and I am trying to figure out if there are any combinations to be working towards. I have some mithral fullplates and docents aplenty and it would be fun to maybe buy an appearance kit if I were to be able to make some good items for them down the road. Just having a hard time seeing possibilities at the moment.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Cardtrick
06-04-2011, 01:19 PM
There are a number of really useful craftable docents (and, to a lesser extent, armors) available at low levels. Not really at high levels, though.

My warforged favored soul got a lot of use out of a Lifeshield Docent of Reinforced Plating (can't remember the exact + values), with an alchemical armor ritual on it. With that and adamantine body, he had useful AC through Gianthold, along with effectively stacking DR from Lifeshield. I also have a Blood Docent of Invulnerability (no +) that was really nice at low level, before getting a couple tiers of Healer's Friend and inherent DR.

Another nice docent option is a Lifeshield of Moderate Fortification (gives 100% fort on a warforged).

None of the currently craftable docents compare to higher-level named docents, though; at high levels switch to Dragontouched, unsuppressed Quorforged Docent, or some epic alternative and don't look back.

Kulothar
06-04-2011, 10:22 PM
My monk got some use from lv3 unbalancing outfit of invulnerability. But true there are no high level recipies to compete with DT or a lot of Named armor.