PDA

View Full Version : Smiting Rune?

Boneyard
06-02-2011, 05:55 PM
Just picked up a rune of smiting for one my Dragontouched armors, it appears to be the old style smiting (ie no extra damage on constructs). Is this working as intended or is this a known bug?

pharky
06-02-2011, 06:04 PM
i believe this is working as intended, similar to the banishment robes where you only deal extra 100 dmg on vorpal strikes and instant death if less than 1000 hp.

Boneyard
06-02-2011, 06:10 PM
I wish I was getting the extra damage on vorpal strikes

Thaxlsillyia
06-02-2011, 06:10 PM
I think the smiting on mace of smiting from the sub is still worded the old fashion way. have to check how it works though.

Aragorn41
06-02-2011, 06:15 PM
The Mace is working correctly, but the description still has the old wording on it, but works correctly anyway.

Ikuryo
06-02-2011, 08:32 PM
Came across a monk who was getting DT for the first time. He had the smiting rune and put it on. He reported no extra damage and on a vorpal the WF was making a save. It the description on the DT was the old wording of smiting so it seems to me that they missed the worn effects when they were making the change.

Glenalth
06-02-2011, 09:36 PM
Best of both worlds... 2x scimi/rapier/kukri of smiting + Sovereign Rune of Smiting.

Ravoc-DDO
06-02-2011, 10:07 PM
Imo the smiting rune should be adjusted to the new effect as well. But it shouldn't stack with smiting on a weapon.

AMDarkwolf
06-02-2011, 10:15 PM
Came across a monk who was getting DT for the first time. He had the smiting rune and put it on. He reported no extra damage and on a vorpal the WF was making a save. It the description on the DT was the old wording of smiting so it seems to me that they missed the worn effects when they were making the change.
DT effects do NOT work with handwraps, never did.

Destruction, smiting, etc, none of them work with unarmed(handwraps) attacks. they do work with any weapon though.

Glenalth
06-02-2011, 11:17 PM
DT effects do NOT work with handwraps, never did.

Destruction, smiting, etc, none of them work with unarmed(handwraps) attacks. they do work with any weapon though.

Any melee weapon.

akiraproject24
06-02-2011, 11:21 PM
mmmm smiting on dt sos mmmm

Boneyard
06-03-2011, 01:12 AM
Imo the smiting rune should be adjusted to the new effect as well. But it shouldn't stack with smiting on a weapon.

Could not agree more, I actually thought it was how it worked when I applied it. Why have two different definitions for the same game term? Dodge is always dodge, not "dodge is always dodge except when it isn't dodge but we are going to keep calling it dodge to make things confusing."