PDA

View Full Version : Do crafted items count as "random" regarding Risia kits?

grodon9999
05-31-2011, 01:53 PM
A dev's gonna have to answer this, my guess is a "no" but it can't hurt to ask.

TheDearLeader
05-31-2011, 02:00 PM
Well, based on my experience (http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=319839) with the Stone of Change on a crafted item:

I'm betting that Risia Crafting *will* work, but it will increase the Potential level of the crafted item. So, likely no Icy Burst +4 Holy Burst Silver of GLOB through crafting.

porq
05-31-2011, 02:04 PM
Well, based on my experience (http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=319839) with the Stone of Change on a crafted item:

I'm betting that Risia Crafting *will* work, but it will increase the Potential level of the crafted item. So, likely no Icy Burst +4 Holy Burst Silver of GLOB through crafting.
Which would be pointless anyway, the intended monster for that beater is resistant to cold :p

I could settle for a Vicious/shock/true chaos Icy Burst beater of Greater Elemental Bane though. + enhancement wouldn't matter

dkyle
05-31-2011, 02:05 PM

While I suspect Cannith items will work with Risia crafting (just because I doubt the Devs implemented a "random for Cannith, but not random for Risia" flag), Stone of Change doesn't give us much indication either way, since it works with all items anyway, even named and GS.

TheDearLeader
05-31-2011, 02:06 PM
Which would be pointless anyway, the intended monster for that beater is resistant to cold :p

I could settle for a Vicious/shock/true chaos Icy Burst beater of Greater Elemental Bane though. + enhancement wouldn't matter

Hell Hounds, broseph.

You just wait - there'll be a Hell Hound Epic Raid Boss, and you'll be like oh sh--. ^_^ And I'll be ready.

AZgreentea
05-31-2011, 02:14 PM
I really dont think it will. When you disjuct an item, you get a new craftable one. I would bet my wizards left shoe that new item is not registered as "random" in the system anymore.

(To give some perspective, my only Wizard is a WF, and dosent wear shoes...)

coolpenguin410
05-31-2011, 02:14 PM
Hell Hounds, broseph.

You just wait - there'll be a Hell Hound Epic Raid Boss, and you'll be like oh sh--. ^_^ And I'll be ready.

Wouldn't you need Cold iron of GCOB, then?

EDIT: Was thinking of Thaarask Hounds. My mistake.

dkyle
05-31-2011, 02:59 PM

Hell Hounds are Lawful Evil Outsiders. Hell = Devils = Lawful Evil.

grodon9999
05-31-2011, 03:00 PM

and they don't even have DR :)

Cyr
05-31-2011, 03:01 PM
Edit: Couldn't find a dev quote after looking.

TheDearLeader
05-31-2011, 03:16 PM

No..

Yes

and they don't even have DR :)

Right now, there are none. Who knows? Maybe someday, if we see one as a Xyzzy-style Boss, there may be. :D