PDA

View Full Version : Crafting Spreadsheet (New Crafting/House K)

Merrill_Greeneshade
05-30-2011, 11:12 AM
...I posted this in general forums, but I figure this might be just as good if not better for good feedback.

Hey all. I've been working on a crafting spreadsheet/database that was worthy of sharing and I think that I finally have a version that is useable and relatively complete. If you'd like to view/download/collaborate, please visit

https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AhcxqzwVpCAFdDR2QXVkc1ZXcWExVWZNZFc0Nnp5b 0E&hl=en_US&authkey=COievdoP#gid=1

Make sure to click on the "CRAFTING DATABASE" tab at the bottom to view the main sheet.

I have more columns of data on my personal version, but I'll wait until I see how the collaboration portion and feedback goes to see whether I should add to what I've already put up. If you'd like to assist with making this better and have access to the editing features please let me know via the address provided on the 'info' tab at the bottom left and I'll add you to the list of approved editors.

Let me know what you think! I'd love to hear suggestions on improving it.

Thanks,

Merrill (Orien)

***UPDATE***

Newer sheet with levels to 100 for bound and unbound can be found here ....

https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AhcxqzwVpCAFdEhnY05nSjAxUVo3bFh2bi0xMzdBL VE&authkey=CKj4jIcB&hl=en_US#gid=0

I'll create a new thread once we have posted our more in depth spreadsheet, but this should help a bit until then with the changes that have occurred since I first posted the old one.

PS....I Highly recommend downloading the file as your own Excel Doc if you don't want other people interrupting and messing with your own filters/sorts

karl_k0ch
05-30-2011, 11:20 AM
Your link is not working atm. It seems like you copypasted some dots into the link address.

Merrill_Greeneshade
05-30-2011, 11:21 AM
Yep. Thanks for that. When I copied over from my original it messed up the hyperlink. Should be good now.

Apache477
05-30-2011, 06:22 PM
Ok, so it goes to google docs and then you need permission? Am I missing something?

EDIT: Found my error!

Merrill_Greeneshade
05-30-2011, 08:08 PM
Glad you figured it out.

I went ahead and locked the editing permissions so that everybody wasn't filtering while others were looking at it. It also looked like it could have become hard to track depending on how many people made changes.

I did set it up so that if anyone would like to help edit/update it they can do so by emailing me with a request for permission to edit. I just wanted to have a better idea of who was doing what and have a little more control over content changes.

Apache477
05-30-2011, 08:30 PM
Thanks for taking the time to do this list! It makes it easier for all of us.

+1

OlympusMons
05-30-2011, 09:01 PM
Thanks for taking the time to figure and filter all the crafting items in the new update. Major kudos for all your dedication and hard work to be the first to post such a complicated spread sheet.

Chette
06-02-2011, 03:50 PM
This is really handy, one thing that might be nice would be list if something is considered a prefix or a suffix for crafting purposes. I haven't found a list of this anywhere so far.

*Edit, nevermind, I found that it's already there, I just didn't notice it in the info tab at first :)

Merrill_Greeneshade
06-02-2011, 10:36 PM
This is really handy, one thing that might be nice would be list if something is considered a prefix or a suffix for crafting purposes. I haven't found a list of this anywhere so far.

*Edit, nevermind, I found that it's already there, I just didn't notice it in the info tab at first :)

Cool. Another player from the Cannith server and I are working on expanding this spreadsheet even further. That one will have a column as well as the color coding for the prefixes and suffixes.

Don't forget, downloading the file and running in excel or open office lets you sort and filter (had to shut that off due to the shared and open nature of the google doc).

t0pazdrag0n
06-06-2011, 06:56 AM
Just a suggestion but you might want to change so that the most relevent aspect of the shard's name comes first. For example, currently you have it as:

Greater Corrosion I
Greater Corrosion II
Greater Corrosion III
Greater Corrosion IV
Greater Corrosion V
Greater Devotion I
Greater Devotion II
Greater Devotion III
Greater Devotion IV
Greater Devotion V

But it would be better if it was:

Corrosion I, Greater
Corrosion II, Greater
Corrosion III, Greater
Corrosion IV, Greater
Corrosion V, Greater
Devotion I, Greater
Devotion II, Greater
Devotion III, Greater
Devotion IV, Greater
Devotion V, Greater

Because then when you went to say, the Corrosion section you would see:

Corrosion I, Greater
Corrosion I, Improved
Corrosion I, Superior
Corrosion II, Greater
Corrosion II, Improved
Corrosion II, Superior
Corrosion III, Greater
Corrosion III, Improved
Corrosion III, Superior
Corrosion IV, Greater
Corrosion IV, Superior
Corrosion V, Greater
Corrosion V, Superior

And all of the same Corrosions are in the same place. Just a suggestion, I know it might be a problem to re type all of it.

I think the most useful piece of information that you could add to the spreadsheet would be what essences are required to make each shard. But again I know that would be alot of research.

GrinDrake
06-07-2011, 08:24 PM
A lot of good effort here. +1 Rep to you

Now if you can reduce the Formula from ((PL + SL + EL) x 2)-1 to (PL + SL + EL) we'd all have very nice crafted gear and give you Rep of Potential (+13).

Thanks for the work!

Merrill_Greeneshade
06-08-2011, 12:17 PM
Just a suggestion but you might want to change so that the most relevent aspect of the shard's name comes first. For example, currently you have it as:

Greater Corrosion I
Greater Corrosion II
Greater Corrosion III
Greater Corrosion IV
Greater Corrosion V
Greater Devotion I
Greater Devotion II
Greater Devotion III
Greater Devotion IV
Greater Devotion V

But it would be better if it was:

Corrosion I, Greater
Corrosion II, Greater
Corrosion III, Greater
Corrosion IV, Greater
Corrosion V, Greater
Devotion I, Greater
Devotion II, Greater
Devotion III, Greater
Devotion IV, Greater
Devotion V, Greater

Because then when you went to say, the Corrosion section you would see:

Corrosion I, Greater
Corrosion I, Improved
Corrosion I, Superior
Corrosion II, Greater
Corrosion II, Improved
Corrosion II, Superior
Corrosion III, Greater
Corrosion III, Improved
Corrosion III, Superior
Corrosion IV, Greater
Corrosion IV, Superior
Corrosion V, Greater
Corrosion V, Superior

And all of the same Corrosions are in the same place. Just a suggestion, I know it might be a problem to re type all of it.

I think the most useful piece of information that you could add to the spreadsheet would be what essences are required to make each shard. But again I know that would be alot of research.

I'll keep the renaming in mind, but the spreadsheet was designed to be used with the sorting and filtering functions available (which can only be done on the file offline right now). I'll have to go back and look at what happens with it typed in its current form when you filter by a search term like Greater Corrosion or just Corrosion.

We already have all the essence information actually, we are just trying to add some macro features to take advantage of that data before posting it.

Thank you very much for the feedback. More is always welcomed

Merrill_Greeneshade
06-08-2011, 12:20 PM
Now if you can reduce the Formula from ((PL + SL + EL) x 2)-1 to (PL + SL + EL) we'd all have very nice crafted gear and give you Rep of Potential (+13).

If Only!! =P

hyenaboy
06-08-2011, 12:32 PM
Glad to see you still have way too much time on your hands Merrill. LOL. Good job man.

Merrill_Greeneshade
06-08-2011, 02:51 PM
Glad to see you still have way too much time on your hands Merrill. LOL. Good job man.

You know it! =P

Thanks.

MartinusWyllt
06-18-2011, 01:21 PM
Great information, do you think you could upload your column that has something that indicates prefix/suffix?

Maybe I can IF the fill color and make that happen, though I don't know how to get that information at the moment. I'm guessing you have a column that was tested for the conditional formatting of the cell containing the name of the shard?

Anyway I was trying to sketch up a builder in excel/open office to use to assemble items. I was hoping someone else was doing this as the best I've done before was a fairly fancy gradesheet.

Sirgleno
06-18-2011, 03:07 PM
Was thinking about building something like this mysellf. Glad to see you're at this.

+1 good sir

HelvanderSeries6
06-18-2011, 03:24 PM
...I posted this in general forums, but I figure this might be just as good if not better for good feedback.

Hey all. I've been working on a crafting spreadsheet/database that was worthy of sharing and I think that I finally have a version that is useable and relatively complete. If you'd like to view/download/collaborate, please visit

https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AhcxqzwVpCAFdDR2QXVkc1ZXcWExVWZNZFc0Nnp5b 0E&hl=en_US&authkey=COievdoP#gid=1

Make sure to click on the "CRAFTING DATABASE" tab at the bottom to view the main sheet.

I have more columns of data on my personal version, but I'll wait until I see how the collaboration portion and feedback goes to see whether I should add to what I've already put up. If you'd like to assist with making this better and have access to the editing features please let me know via the address provided on the 'info' tab at the bottom left and I'll add you to the list of approved editors.

Let me know what you think! I'd love to hear suggestions on improving it.

Thanks,

Merrill (Orien)

PS....I Highly recommend downloading the file as your own Excel Doc if you don't want other people interrupting and messing with your own filters/sorts

Cheers

Merrill_Greeneshade
06-19-2011, 02:33 PM
Damienvryce from Cannith and I, along with some friends have been working together since I posted this one, to make an even more helpful and informative spreadsheet. We are getting very close to putting it up for download. I'll create a new thread in the forums and post the link here as well. Shouldn't be more than a day or so from now. (And that one WILL have the prefix and suffixes column) for those who weren't able to use color coding only to meet their needs.

BangsLiekWhoa
06-20-2011, 03:21 PM
This spreadsheet is VERY useful! +1 to you sir!

Of course, now you have to update it to level 100 since that came out today.:rolleyes:

TimoteoDeLani
06-20-2011, 03:54 PM
One thing I've noticed with crafting is that the "Offhand weapon/Shield" should be considered separately, despite how they're listed in DDO crafting.

Some effects are off-hand but can't be used with a shield (and I'm pretty sure I saw an "off-hand" effect that couldn't be used with ranged ... can't remember what it was) and there are many effects that can be applied to a shield but not an off-hand weapon.

EllisDee37
06-20-2011, 07:46 PM
Some effects are off-hand but can't be used with a shield (and I'm pretty sure I saw an "off-hand" effect that could be used with ranged ... can't remember what is was) and there are many effects that can be applied to a shield but not an off-hand weapon.When I went through all the recipes I tried to pay close attention to this, and I couldn't find a single shard that had one without the other.

TimoteoDeLani
06-21-2011, 03:14 PM
Edited my above message ... I meant off-hand but not ranged ...

Do you mean you were looking at what the description said, or what it could actually be applied to? I don't have any shards or many essences available at the moment, but I'm sure I tried to apply some that said off-hand/shield to both, and it would not let me apply them to one or the other.

Perhaps my understanding of off-hand weapon is incorrect. I'm assuming it means a weapon that equips to the off-hand slot e.g. a bow.

RudeIota
06-21-2011, 03:46 PM
Just checked it out. Fantastic work.

May I suggest that each item slot (trinket, head, neck etc..) have its own column at the end with a mark of some sort indicating that it works in that slot. It would make it easier to sort and programmatically interpret the data in terms of finding the right property for the right slot.

EllisDee37
06-21-2011, 06:20 PM
Do you mean you were looking at what the description said, or what it could actually be applied to? I don't have any shards or many essences available at the moment, but I'm sure I tried to apply some that said off-hand/shield to both, and it would not let me apply them to one or the other.

Perhaps my understanding of off-hand weapon is incorrect. I'm assuming it means a weapon that equips to the off-hand slot e.g. a bow.What it could actually be applied to. The way I created the Crafting Recipes thread was to add a blank item to the last machine and then make a list of every shard that came up. For the main hand weapons I added a bastard sword (and later a warhammer to check bludgeon effects) and I paid close attention to the offhand weapon/shield category. No shards had one without the other. Then when I added a shield blank to the machine to create the shields list I paid close attention again, and again there was never one without the other. Wherever offhand weapon goes shield goes, and vice versa.

An offhand weapon is any weapon that isn't two-handed.

BoBo2020
06-21-2011, 07:34 PM
This is great - thank you for your work on this.

If possible, you may want to consider adding a column indicating whether the effect is a prefix or suffix.

Merrill_Greeneshade
06-21-2011, 08:10 PM
Just checked it out. Fantastic work.

May I suggest that each item slot (trinket, head, neck etc..) have its own column at the end with a mark of some sort indicating that it works in that slot. It would make it easier to sort and programmatically interpret the data in terms of finding the right property for the right slot.

In regards to the "each item slot" idea. The newer spreadsheet we are working on still uses the same comma separation, but includes some vb coding and drop downs that take advantage of that and allow you to see only those things that apply to the shard you are looking at. There are also a few other things that ideas that haven't been implemented yet. Damienvryce is doing an awesome job with that part of what the new one will do. We were going to release it today or tomorrow, but with the release of the new levels yesterday, we've had to make some adjustments. I have all the new data in as I'm typing this and I spoke with Damienvryce earlier and we think we will have a new file available by Friday.

Also, to the person that requested the prefix/suffix identification. When I made this I intended to use it in Excel 2010 for myself. In that version, you can sort by cell shading, so yellow for prefix and green for suffix was all I needed. The new one, however, has textual representation for that, so it won't be an issue anymore.

This new one will ONLY function via download if you want to use it to its fullest. Google docs won't run all the helpful macros and dropdowns online. I will probably end up posting a similar version to what is up though for those that are interested in a read only less interactive version.

-Merrill

Merrill_Greeneshade
06-24-2011, 08:26 AM
I have posted a new sheet similar to the first that now includes items up to level 100 for both unbound and bound. You can find it here.

https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AhcxqzwVpCAFdEhnY05nSjAxUVo3bFh2bi0xMzdBL VE&authkey=CKj4jIcB&hl=en_US#gid=0

Crann
06-24-2011, 08:47 AM
TY +1 for the great work.

I had considered something like this, more from the standpoint of "here I made this item, with this preffix on it...now what suffix can I add?"

That brought me to the conclusion that you needed sortable columns for every aspect of the shards, which it looks like you are well on your way to achieving. That's alot of work, thanks for tackling it.

EllisDee37
06-24-2011, 01:01 PM
I had considered something like this, more from the standpoint of "here I made this item, with this preffix on it...now what suffix can I add?"

That brought me to the conclusion that you needed sortable columns for every aspect of the shards, which it looks like you are well on your way to achieving. That's alot of work, thanks for tackling it.The Crafting Recipes by Gear thread linked in my signature is designed to answer those kinds of questions.

danotmano1998
06-24-2011, 01:04 PM
Very nice work!!

+1 to the OP.

Esgeyl
06-27-2011, 08:38 AM

Greater Corrosion I -> Corrosion I, Greater

here i did it
http://esge1.wz.cz/temp/CannithCraftingSingleSheet.xls

didn't do the alphabetical sort though, i leave that for the creator :)

Merrill_Greeneshade
06-27-2011, 03:04 PM
here i did it
http://esge1.wz.cz/temp/CannithCraftingSingleSheet.xls

didn't do the alphabetical sort though, i leave that for the creator :)

The only problem with that, for me at least, is that when you alpha sort you end up with something like this...

Name Level Potential
Corrosion I, Greater Greater Corrosion I 12 1
Corrosion I, Improved Improved Corrosion I 9 1
Corrosion I, Superior Superior Corrosion I 19 2
Corrosion II, Greater Greater Corrosion II 23 2
Corrosion II, Improved Improved Corrosion II 14 1
Corrosion II, Superior Superior Corrosion II 34 2
Corrosion III, Greater Greater Corrosion III 38 2

Which ends up grouping type, but giving you a kind of mismatch in terms of the level required to craft and potential level. I know that all the "Greater" stuff including banes etc get lumped the way it is now, but once you locate the "Ardor" types in that Greater section, you are looking at them from easiest to most difficult and from low to High Potential/ML.

This sheet and even more so the sheet I'm working on currently are primarily meant to be downloaded because google docs doesn't do well for multiple viewers messing with the sort order. What I'll do is add this sheet in to the current one and have both forms up in one file and people can choose the sheet they prefer.

Thanks for taking the time to make the edit.

-Merrill

Here is the link for that one. Second sheet has the resort on the edited shard name changes.

https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AhcxqzwVpCAFdFgwbUVMV0I4VmpEZnlpak1uaS1iS 0E&hl=en_US&authkey=CO-z_70M

The single sheet was already a bit slow on my computer. I don't notice a difference in speed by adding the second full sheet.

Again, DLing it and using it in Excel is recommended for those that can do so. It makes it a lot easier to navigate and make the most of.

Esgeyl
06-28-2011, 01:59 AM
potential lvl mismatch
yeah a agree there, i would suggest to double sort by name and bound lvl, but it doesn't work for me for some reason :/

Thanks for taking the time to make the edit.

np, a little formula did the editing for me :)

Merrill_Greeneshade
07-02-2011, 07:57 AM
Figured I'd post a reference here for those that are interested. A new and better spreadsheet is available for download. If you downloaded and enjoyed this one, I think you'll absolutely love the new one. Damienvryce from Cannith did an amazing job with the dropdowns and coding.

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?p=3896426#post3896426