PDA

View Full Version : +4 Holy Flametouched Maul of Undead Bane

Miow
05-30-2011, 08:57 AM
I was thinking of making this for my TH fighter, is this a good weapon iyo?

Impaqt
05-30-2011, 09:04 AM
Holy and Flametouched break the same DR. Redundant.

Heronous
05-30-2011, 09:07 AM
Aye, make it silver.

FuzzyDuck81
05-30-2011, 09:09 AM
Yeah silver if you can get it.. then its a handy bossbeater if you have nothing else plus works on vampires

Miow
05-30-2011, 09:09 AM
Any suggestions then? It might be redundant but this is to kill undead and i realize i could make the 'same' weapon with a regular maul i just happen to have a flametouched one.

edit
Ah the mighty silver...lol don't have one :( i do have a silver falchion though but i'm saving it for my +4 Holy silver of EOB

tihocan
05-30-2011, 11:31 AM
Well, you could replace Holy by Vicious, and it'd work better vs. the Doomsphere... but there aren't enough non-evil undead to really be worth the HP loss.

Glenalth
05-30-2011, 01:21 PM
Holy + Silver will make a better anti-undead weapon too as it will break Vampire DR.

Kinerd
05-30-2011, 06:36 PM
It might make the most sense to leave it mostly alone to hand down as a low-level weapon. Maybe +1 Lesser Undead Bane? That should still be useful for Delera's with the crazy crafting MLs.

Matuse
05-30-2011, 06:37 PM
Definitely silver.

Finding a Holy Silver Maul of GUB would be...challenging, but you don't need that. Any maul made of silver will be suitably blanked and buffed up.

EllisDee37
05-31-2011, 12:24 AM
It might make the most sense to leave it mostly alone to hand down as a low-level weapon. Maybe +1 Lesser Undead Bane? That should still be useful for Delera's with the crazy crafting MLs.Ditch the enhancement bonus altogether and just craft a Holy of Undead Bane for a min level 7 and you should be good to go for Delera's. That's a +2 enhancement bonus from the bane and a total of +4d6 damage from holy and bane. Maybe toss a +2 enhancement on there when you get to level 11. (Unless you want to run Delera's on level 5, in which case scale Undead Bane down to Lesser Undead Bane.)

The best part about leaving the enhancement bonus off to start with is that the weapon scales easily, letting you add an enhancement bonus shard later without deconstructing it first.