PDA

View Full Version : Crafting Planner - anyone writing one yet?

Cauthey
05-17-2011, 01:28 PM
You know - a convenient, well designed offline tool (or web app) that you could use to plan for what you're going to craft. Kinda like the character planners.

You click through pulldowns, what not, and select the weapon type, the enchantment, the prefix, and the suffix you want. The app then breaks down the components and shards you need, including the necessary +potential shards.

Anyone toying with the idea of writing one yet? ...please? :D

ArgentMage
05-17-2011, 02:27 PM
I was actually thinking about working on something until I got to here:

http://ddowiki.com/page/Clothing_enchantments

Does the crafting machine enforce all these restrictions?

Sanadil
05-17-2011, 02:32 PM
Not until its out of beta for me. Costs, Min Levels, What you can do have all changed from the first preview to the second. Until things get more set in stone, there really is no point in coding anything yet. I already have my shell with the various other crafting in game, when this is no longer beta, I'll try to get some of this setup in the Game Guide.

kinar
05-17-2011, 02:35 PM
I've got one started.

Almost got all the shard crafting to a point where I can show everyone and start getting feedback while I work on the item crafting and deconstruction simulator.

The interesting thing about this crafting is that the resource costs are actually quite low once you get the crafting level needed to make an item which means that a true planner really isn't necessary. The page that I'm making will initially be pretty much an offline guide with mechanics of how it works almost the same as the ingame crafting altars (drag/drop ingredients from the bag into the crafter and it will filter the recipes). Eventually, I'd like to make it a full simulator so that you can approximate how much resources it will take to get to a specific level from deconstructing /crafting shards.

Bladedge
05-17-2011, 02:39 PM
Having a Crafting Planner while the new crafting system is in beta would probably be headache to maintain especially if the changes continue every 2-3 weeks and that's not counting what hasn't been release yet.

Cauthey
05-17-2011, 03:01 PM
Not until its out of beta for me.

Having a Crafting Planner while the new crafting system is in beta would probably be headache to maintain especially if the changes continue every 2-3 weeks and that's not counting what hasn't been release yet.

Those are fair points. Glad to know you developers are already making plans and thinking about it, though. :D