PDA

View Full Version : THF Pally(DPS Focus)

rezarecshun
05-16-2011, 04:50 AM
DPS Paladin has always been my favorite class to roll, but after getting access to half-orc and WF via VIP membership, i'm wondering which one would be a better race to roll

Half orc gets +2 str, +2 strength enhancements, and the same THF enhancements
WF gets immunities, more constitution, more ranks of toughness, Bladesworn Transformation

If i'm looking at max DPS, when i say max DPS I'm trying to factor in survivability since you aren't really doing damage if ur dead :p

I think a max DPS build for THF would look like this:http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=205440

If i was to roll half-orc and replace the WF specific enhancements with the Hal orc variants would it be a better build after factoring in the str enhancements since i'm not taking toughness enhancements anyway?

LordKhaan
05-16-2011, 05:14 AM
OK, my view on this. The CHA cost on HOrc is too costly. Assuming you take ur CHA to a min of 13 (any lower and ur going to lose too much in the way of the enhancement line)
If your a 28pt build ur looking at 20str, 12 con, 13 cha. 32pt build u get ur con to 15 OR CHA to 15.
This is only worth while in my mind if you have a +4 Cha Tome lying around...

In terms of DPS though, and I stand to be corrected on this, but twf seems to be the way to go.
KotC gives dam per landed hit, meaning with twf your getting up to 24*5 =120 dam using twf over thf (24*3=72) against evil outsiders assuming you've taken the imp twf and greater twf feats. Throwing in kopeshes and Imp Crits I doubt that the thf version will out DPS it.