PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion: Custom Crafted Epic Items

ormsbygore
05-10-2011, 06:17 PM
I know this will get just as much flack if not more than the "Cove Epics" got. This is just an idea that came to me and I wanted to share it.

First of all, these should in no way be superior to "Real" Epic Items. Maybe as good if not better than "Event" Epic Items, and maybe as good as some of the lower end "Real" Epic Items. Also these should not be "Easy" to obtain, much like "Real" Epic items, these should take careful planning and some grinding(if not A LOT of grinding) to make.

These items should require high crafting levels in all 3 schools of Crafting(Arcane/Divine/Elemental), as well as grinding for Epic Dungeon Tokens and Epic Raid Tokens to create.

Current "Epic" Versions of In-Game Items Require: Base Item + Shard of Base + Seal of Base + Scroll of Base. They may also have "Colored" slots that you can create "Colored Crystals" that have attributes/enhancements on them that you can "Slot" into your Epic Items. These "Colored Crystals" Require: 20-30 Epic Dungeon Tokens or 15 Epic Raid Tokens. It usually takes months of dedication to craft these items, if not much much longer.

Alright...onto my Idea...

Shard of Supreme Power + 30 Epic Dungeon Tokens + 5 Epic Raid Tokens = Epic Upgrade Shard (Requires level75+ in Arcane Crafting School)

Epic Upgrade Shard + Craftable Base = Epic Craftable Base

"Enchantment" Shard + Epic Upgrade Shard = Epic "Enchantment" Shard

Shard of "Enchantment" + Epic Upgrade Shard = Shard of Epic "Enchantment"

+5 Enchantment Shard + Epic Upgrade Shard = +6 Enchantment Shard

Some Sample ideas for Epic versions of current craftable Enchantments: (Current Version ~ Epic Version)
Telekinesis ~ Epic Telekinesis
Greater False Life ~ Superior False Life
Seeker(+6) ~ Seeker(+10)
Invulnerability ~ Epic DR(DR5/Epic)
Frost Guard ~ Freezing Ice Guard
Vampirism ~ Epic Vampirism(1d6?)
Stealth Strike ~ Epic Stealth Strike(-30% Ranged/Spell Threat)

Epic Versions of the Crafting Shards should ramain the same type(Prefix/Suffix) as the original, and the same restrictions to what Items they are able to Enchant(Weapon/Armor/Ring).

More description of my idea what Epic Craftable Bases should be like:
Bound to Character
No Colored Augment Slots
Named after their creator(Nim's Epic Longsword, Nim's Epic Robes)
Able to be enchanted with two Prefixs and Suffixs, one each Epic and Regular

Example:
Nim's Epic Longbow
+6 Enhancement
Epic Telekinesis(Epic Prefix)
Holy(Normal Prefix)
Vampirism(Normal Suffix)
Epic Stealth Strike(Epic Suffix)

All in all it's 120 Epic Dungeon Tokens and 20 Epic Raid Tokens for one complete Epic Crafted Item. Plus the requirement of Arcane Crafting level 75+.

Bring on the Love/Hate.

~Nim

kyleann
05-10-2011, 06:58 PM
The difficulty makes it viable, but the MLs would need work for sure...The base ML would have to in the -'s pre-crafting or something...

If would give more reasons to A) Craft and B) Run Epics....Seems like a decent idea to me.

Sure, you're gonna get some uber OP gear, but if it's BtC that's not really THAT big of an issue considering the amount of time it'll take to make a single crafted item. It would give the end-game powergamers something to chew on for a while so they aren't biting our heads off, plus it might lessen the whining about "easy buttons" like the whole Cove Epics...

amethystdragon
05-10-2011, 07:21 PM
I think that this idea has some merit, and I hope that the Dev's take a serious look at it. It might give those of us who only occasionly run Epic's a chance at getting a Epic item.

However,since a Dev made mention that crafting shards might become BTA instead of BTC, I think that Epic Shards will need to stay BTC.

ormsbygore
05-10-2011, 09:00 PM
However,since a Dev made mention that crafting shards might become BTA instead of BTC, I think that Epic Shards will need to stay BTC.

I think they were eluding to another Crafting Device that has recepies(that use more materials) for Unbound Shards, I may be mixed up though with something else.

But I agree, if the shards do become BtA, making them Epic should make them BtC.

ormsbygore
05-17-2011, 02:42 PM
Shard of Supreme Power + 30 Epic Dungeon Tokens + 5 Epic Raid Tokens = Epic Upgrade Shard (requires level75+ in Arcane Crafting School)

Epic Upgrade Shard + Craftable Base = Epic Craftable Base

"Enchantment" Shard + Epic Upgrade Shard = Epic "enchantment" Shard

Shard of "enchantment" + Epic Upgrade Shard = Shard of Epic "enchantment"

+5 Enchantment Shard + Epic Upgrade Shard = +6 Enchantment Shard

More Description of My Idea What Epic Craftable Bases Should Be Like:
Bound To Character
No Colored Augment Slots
Named After Their Creator(Nim's Epic Longsword, Nim's Epic Robes)
Able To Be Enchanted With Two Prefixs And Suffixs, One Each Epic And Regular

All In All It's 120 Epic Dungeon Tokens And 20 Epic Raid Tokens For One Complete Epic Crafted Item. Plus The Requirement of Arcane Crafting Level 75+

**U9.1 Revamp**

Requires 75+(80?) Crafting level in any one school.(not just Arcane)

Shard of Epic Potential(Epic Upgrade) :
Shard of Supreme Power + 600 Magical Essences + 20 Epic Dungeon Tokens + 5 Epic Raid Tokens

Shard of Epic Potential(+15) :
Shard of Supreme Power + 650 Magical Essences + 20 Epic Dungeon Tokens + 5 Epic Raid Tokens

Shard of Epic Potential(+20) :
Shard of Supreme Power + 700 Magical Essences + 25 Epic Dungeon Tokens + 10 Epic Raid Tokens

Shard of Epic Potential(+25) :
Shard of Supreme Power + 750 Magical Essences + 30 Epic Dungeon Tokens + 10 Epic Raid Tokens

Epic "Upgraded Prefix" Shard :
"Enchantment Name" Shard + 250 Magical Essences(same school as base shard) + Shard of Epic Potential(Epic Upgrade)

Epic Shard of "Upgraded Suffix" :
Shard of "Enchantment Name" + 250 Magical Essences(same school as base shard) + Shard of Epic Potential(Epic Upgrade)

Epic Craftable Item(+12 Potential) (Minimum Level increased to 20) :
Craftable Base(+12 Potential) + Shard of Epic Potential(Epic Upgrade)

Epic Craftable Item(+15 Potential) :
Craftable Base(+12 Potential) + Shard of Epic Potential(+15)

Epic Craftable Item(+20 Potential) :
Craftable Base(+15 Potential) + Shard of Epic Potential(+20)

Epic Craftable Item(+25 Potential) :
Craftable Base(+20 Potential) + Shard of Epic Potential(+25)

+6 Epic Enhancement Shard :
+5 Enhancement Shard + Shard or Potential(+6) + Shard of Epic Potential(Epic Upgrade)

Optional - (Might be frowned uppon, so probably not...but there is always hope)
Epic "Colored" Augmentation Slot(Color Restricted by Item Base) :
10 "Colored Augmentation Catalyst" + 500 Magical Essences + Shard of Epic Potential(Epic Upgrade)

Blank Example:
"Named" Epic Crafted Base Item(+12/15/20/25 Potential)
+6 Epic Enhancement Shard(+6)
Epic "Upgraded Prefix" Shard(+5)
Prefix Shard(+1-5)
Shard of Suffix(+1-5)
Epic Shard of "Upgraded Suffix"(+5)
Epic "Colored" Augmentation Slot(+5)

Examples:
Nimalika's Epic Tower Shield(+25 Potential)
Healer's Bounty(+5)(Epic Prefix)
Seeker +8(+4)(Prefix)
Greater Spearblock(+5)(Epic Suffix)
Epic Blue Augmentation Slot(+5)
---Sloted(Blue Augment Crystal of Fatespinning - +2 Good Luck)

Pseudonim's Epic Heavy Repeating Crossbow(+25 Potential)
Epic Telekinesis(+5)(Epic Prefix)
Shock(+1)(Prefix)
Vampirism(+3)(Suffix)
Lightning Strike(+5)(Epic Suffix)
Epic Red Augmentation Slot(+5)
---Sloted(Red Augment Crystal of Heaven's Light - Good)

Total Epic Tokens for a fully upgraded Craftable Epic Item :
175 Epic Dungeon Tokens and 50 Epic Raid Tokens and 7 Shards of Supreme Power, not including 20-30 Tokens for a Sloted Augment Crystal.

Just like the current crafted shards these should be BtA, but when used Bind the Item to Character. So you only need to craft with one character on your account.

When creating an Epic Weapon the base damage of the item should be the same as if it were Greensteel, similarly an Epic Shield's "Blocking DR" should be increased by a small incriment.

Let me know what you think of the new idea.

~Nim

*Will edit OP later on, posting this to bump*

Habreno
05-17-2011, 04:03 PM
Quite interesting, want to see how this fleshes out.