PDA

View Full Version : A letter to our players on Update 7

Fernando
10-20-2010, 10:00 AM
Hi everyone-
The day we’ve all been waiting for is finally here! After many months of development, we are proud and excited to finally release Update 7: Half-Bloods to you, the fans who have made DDO Unlimited a huge hit over the past year.

And what a year it has been!

Update 7 comes just on the heels of our one year anniversary of DDO’s re-launch as a free-to-play game. By introducing our new take on free-to-play, DDO has rocked the MMO scene! We’ve shown that a combination of great game play and giving players a choice in how and when they pay for their MMO gaming is a recipe for success. Accolades, awards, and over 2 million new player sign-ups quickly followed.

We’ve done our part too, releasing 6 major updates to the game which have introduced 6 new adventure packs, reincarnation, guild renown and airships, epic and casual mode, tons of new DDO store items, and a whole lot more. And we are far from slowing down! We are thrilled to be able to continue to grow our investment in the DDO franchise and we remain dedicated to ongoing improvements to the DDO service. But actions speak louder than words, and I can’t think of a better way to show our dedication to the game than to talk about Update 7, our biggest update yet to DDO Unlimited.

No doubt you have already heard about many of the big ticket items in Update 7. First and foremost, we are all eager to create new characters with the new classic D&D races, the brutish half-orc and the gracious half-elf! We are also happy to offer an all new free(!) level 12 adventure pack called “Deception in Stormreach” which introduces an important new faction to the game, the monster kingdom of Droaam. Those players creating new half-orcs, or still playing characters in the early parts of the game, can enjoy a very cool new level 6 raid “The Chronoscope!” The raid is also available in epic mode for our level 20 players and has been added to a revamped Devil Assault adventure pack! The adventure pack has improved gameplay, now also supports epic mode, and more treasure drops (ahem - shroud components)! Meanwhile, the game UI has received some major upgrades, especially with the new keyword search features in the Inventory and Auctions panels. And last but not least, just in time for Halloween, we are also debuting a huge new seasonal event, the Endless Night Festival (check out the preview happening tonight (http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=280898) on the live servers!).

Phew! That’s a ton of big things coming to DDO today! But that is far from all there is to today’s release. Update 7 is filled to the brim with a lot more good stuff . For example, did you know that the summon monster spell now has a choice of 3 monsters you can summon at each level? (tip: drag your favorite choice from the spell selection panel to your hotbar for one-click access.) Another small game improvement I am personally excited about is the revisions to the UI and graphics effects you see when you die. The system is more intuitive and it’s easier for you to still see the action even if your character is “waiting for a rez”.

Hirelings have also gotten a lot love. Bard and Favored Soul contracts are back, and also now available at in-game hireling vendors! Hireling contracts (like XP, loot and renown boosts) now have timers that pause in public areas. Hireling casters use more discretion when deciding which spells they cast. The hireling toolbars even load in the same spot you left them last time! Crazy!

There are lots more player-requested polish items and bug fixes in there too! We have more PREs updates for Bards, Wizard and Monks. Our VIP plan is also better than ever with the addition of the new races, content and a new perk that lets VIPs get access to elite difficulty in all quests without needing to play on Hard first. And, we have dealt another mighty blow to the lag-monster! And there is a lot more I don’t have space for here. Check out the release notes (http://compendium.ddo.com/wiki/Release_Notes_Update_7_Official)to see even more!

Yes, Update 7 is “the big one” for DDO in 2010. Our team has been working on it all year and we hope you have as much fun playing it as we have had bringing it to you. Never satisfied, when we aren’t wandering Stormreach with you, trying to level our new half-elves and half-orcs, the crew at Turbine is hard at work on Update 8 (a release that finishes up our 2010 updates) and is busy making big plans for the new content and features that will be coming your way in 2011 as well. We are excited to keep growing DDO on a similar pace as we did last year, and to expand the service to be a true international service with users in multiple languages playing all around the world. From all of us, we thank you for helping DDO become the leading free-to-play fantasy MMO in North America! Here’s to a great end of 2010 for DDO and a promising future in 2011 and beyond!

See you in Eberron!
-Fernando.

spyderwolf
10-20-2010, 10:03 AM
did ya know the update isnt on time ? :P

systemstate
10-20-2010, 10:04 AM
It's like Christmas in October! Thanks for all the hard work guys!

JDCrowell

LOL yes...but they sure were prompt with this posting ;)

Tolero

A few last moment spot-checks. Should be open momentarily.

Blade420
10-20-2010, 10:06 AM
Better for it to launch 30 minutes late than on time with a bunch of bugs. Who else is watching the clock ???? lol

Myrdinn
10-20-2010, 10:06 AM
I can sense eagerness coming from everywhere on the forum :P

spyderwolf
10-20-2010, 10:07 AM

yay!

sirgog
I'm looking forward to it, and even more to seeing more high level content in future.

It's good that we have a new level 20 raid in this update (even better that it can be run on lowbies too), but some more raids in the 15-20 range would be great.

Loromir
AWWW!!!! I think I'm Gonna cry!!!!!

Luacan
Just like you Tolero to be stalking such a forum post waiting to give an update the second somebody decides to be a smart ass.
Thanks for the reassurance :)

Lorien_the_First_One
Hireling contracts (like XP, loot and renown boosts) now have timers that pause in public areas

Thankyou Thankyou Thankyou Thankyou Thankyou Thankyou Thankyou Thankyou Thankyou Thankyou Thankyou

Scotty factor.... For the love of god you need to start applying the Scotty factor to your down time estimates.

Next time if they think it will take to 10, post it as 2pm. Then when it comes up at noon you will be early!

Oh, and on the subject of spot checks...I thought most groups just sent the barb ahead to "spot" the traps as they walk through them :D

In_Like_Flynn
A few last moment spot-checks. Should be open momentarily.I did notice a few Hyenas with fewer-than-expected spots.

smatt
10-20-2010, 10:08 AM
I will say Fernando that overall DDO has grown a lot since the DDO-EU launch. Tehre certainly have been some rough spots, with old habits being hard to vanquish. But as it looks now, Update 7 mght be the big step many of us have been asking for. The interaction of the Dev team with the players has been a much needed fresh approach. And while it does take staff hours, in the end finding that balance of interaction does pay off... It makes for a better game and a better customer experience...

Keep it up!

GentleSmiles
Aquiver in anticipation ;) .... and this better be good Mister or I know a few goblinoids that umm... well.... :)

Morningfrost
Touching. I celebrate today one year of gaming. Thank you guys.

Blade420
I haven't played for as long as most of you guys but this update is well worth the wait, it seems like they added a little something for everyone this time around. I would like to see them add some higher level quests though at some point around lvl 13 my xp always seems to grind to a complete stop.

Thar She Blows . . . . . all hands at the mainsail and stuff

Senshock
10-20-2010, 10:09 AM
Dont suppose U8 will see this year as mentioned?

JDCrowell
10-20-2010, 10:09 AM
wooot...downloading updates now.... :D

wolf6312
10-20-2010, 10:15 AM
YAY!!! ....and thank you!!

seobanio
omg omg omg

15% through download!!!! I'm in class and I'm still going to play the second it loads!

:D

-Xexa

Necrological
well im getting the updates on now and yea it was a little past time but i see it like this:

Measure twice, cut once.

safest way to go.

Lorien_the_First_One

Thats what they told one of the gaming websites maybe two weeks ago so it seems reasonably likely there will be a late Dec update.

RobertVesco
10-20-2010, 10:16 AM
Half-orc, half-elves....whatever. Let me at that new searchable Auction House.

thebige
10-20-2010, 10:17 AM
Its gonna take another hour to load!! 1768 changes wow!

rest
10-20-2010, 10:18 AM
Half-elves are gracious? Courteous, kind, and pleasant, especially toward someone of lower social status?

Thouse haughty half-breeds!
I always thought they were graceful. Probably just me.

Savior505
10-20-2010, 10:20 AM
Thank you Turbine for great update!

ostermeier3000
10-20-2010, 10:21 AM
What a great addition to the DDO world...Thanks guys for all the hard work...

Memnir
10-20-2010, 10:22 AM
Good work on Update 7.

Now, which Update will complete the work on Half-Elf and make them a worthwhile purchase? I honestly feel like Turbine is outright fleecing anyone who buys them until that point, because they are flat-out unfinished. I'd like to know when they will emerge from rough-draft status, just for Points budgeting purposes.

Kaldahr
10-20-2010, 10:22 AM
Its gonna take another hour to load!! 1768 changes wow!
Yeah, that's a lot of updates. And a DX9 install check? That was a little unexpected.

I'd like to throw out there that I'm very excited by the number of changes that are coming up (mouse-click function on zoning w/ hireling!). There are a number of user requested changes (searchable AH!) that are being implemented that'll provide further enjoyment of the game.

ostermeier3000
10-20-2010, 10:23 AM

Hey where abouts are you in Savannah...I used to live there on Burnside Island

t0r012
Thanks for all the hard work! DDO just keeps getting better and better.

From one of the "premiums" , pat yourselves on the back knowing I'm not going anywhere soon and that you just keep giving me more and more reasons to buy stuff, mission accomplished!

I have no idea how many code monkeys you got chained up there punching away at keyboards but you keep giving us Shakespeare every couple of month like clockwork.

anyway
Great Job and Thank You!

systemstate
51% so far... *paces the room in anticipation*

PNellesen
10-20-2010, 10:31 AM
Nice work, can't wait to log in tonight...

Now can you fix MyDDO? My poor baby Ranger can't enter lotteries, and is beginning to get a little testy about it...

Frostwhisperer
10-20-2010, 10:32 AM
50%! *offers a halfling to the download Gods*

SINIBYTE
10-20-2010, 10:34 AM
U5 - Rise of the Guilds
U7 - Fall of the Monks

Sorry! Couldn't resist!

fudtone
10-20-2010, 10:35 AM
After the first 1790 or whatever... start client and got an error... now another 1590 to go... ty for the update.

SHERBERTlem0n
38% anyone online yet???

karbaron
I want to say thanks for all the hard work! Can't wait to make a half-blood toon.

Synnestar35791
10-20-2010, 10:36 AM
I've been VIP awhile now,, and absolutely love the game. I'll continue to support the game and it's community. Fix the bugs - the silly tiny bugs. one at a time. and it's only going to get better.

Flasharte
10-20-2010, 10:36 AM
You have hunted with some of the greatest rangers of Khorvaire. You gain proficiency with all martial ranged weapons,

think that includes the repeaters?

Blade420
10-20-2010, 10:37 AM
Next update can you put a server in england? My update is only at 28%! Just messin hope all your hard work pays off and there is no bugs to iron out thanks for an AWESOME update you all make my xmas card list this year

Blade420
10-20-2010, 10:39 AM
38% anyone online yet???

if they are i seriously doubt they will be looking through forums :P

Jeralrik
10-20-2010, 10:40 AM
yay half races we get the graceful half-elves and the not so graceful and dumb Half-Orcs brute strength, though I did make a Half-Orc Bard in a table top campaign once the GM had me learn how to read & write though, sigh! lol Sigh!! 57% downloaded now I gotta delete a couple lowby's just to make the 2 new races.

Elfvyra
10-20-2010, 10:40 AM
Thank you for the update and all the hard work of everyone there at Turbine. Makes me happy to remain a 2 acc't VIP. ;)

Hambo
10-20-2010, 10:41 AM
Thankyou Thankyou Thankyou Thankyou Thankyou Thankyou Thankyou Thankyou Thankyou Thankyou Thankyou

Scotty factor.... For the love of god you need to start applying the Scotty factor to your down time estimates.

Next time if they think it will take to 10, post it as 2pm. Then when it comes up at noon you will be early!

Oh, and on the subject of spot checks...I thought most groups just sent the barb ahead to "spot" the traps as they walk through them :D

You, sir, obviously don't play Rogues...

You don't have to send Barbarians anywhere!!! :D:D:D

Jeralrik
10-20-2010, 10:42 AM
yay half races we get the graceful half-elves and the not so graceful and dumb Half-Orcs brute strength, though I did make a Half-Orc Bard in a table top campaign once the GM had me learn how to read & write though, sigh! lol Sigh!! 57% downloaded now I gotta delete a couple lowby's just to make the 2 new races. It's been awhile since I posted, geez!

Deathseeker
10-20-2010, 10:42 AM
Great to see DDO flourishing and seemingly picking up momentum! Makes it feel good to have stuck with it for 4.5 years. Im hoping 4.5 years from now when Update 39 is launched I can still say the same thing!

Thanks for the hard work Turbine. Now get back in there and finish some high level content and more Epic options. The TR'ing into new races is only gonna carry us so far! :)

Hambo
10-20-2010, 10:43 AM

Re-read the post.

Yes, Update 7 is “the big one” for DDO in 2010. Our team has been working on it all year and we hope you have as much fun playing it as we have had bringing it to you. Never satisfied, when we aren’t wandering Stormreach with you, trying to level our new half-elves and half-orcs, the crew at Turbine is hard at work on Update 8 (a release that finishes up our 2010 updates) and is busy making big plans for the new content and features that will be coming your way in 2011 as well. We are excited to keep growing DDO on a similar pace as we did last year, and to expand the service to be a true international service with users in multiple languages playing all around the world. From all of us, we thank you for helping DDO become the leading free-to-play fantasy MMO in North America! Here’s to a great end of 2010 for DDO and a promising future in 2011 and beyond!

Highlighted the hard to find part for you :)

Drona
10-20-2010, 10:43 AM
OMG..i m soooooooooooooooooooo excited..cant wait to log in...cmon....thnx to u devs!!! ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty !!

fudtone
10-20-2010, 10:44 AM
This application has failed to start because d3dx9_42.dll was not found. Re-Installing the application may fix this problem.

zorander6
10-20-2010, 10:45 AM
51% so far... *paces the room in anticipation*

Downloading so I can play at lunch. 53%....

Frostwhisperer
10-20-2010, 10:45 AM
The character selection screen looks akward now. To be honest I don't like it

Mozaith
10-20-2010, 10:47 AM
Thanks for all the hardwork!! *patiently updating client...*

Jeralrik
10-20-2010, 10:48 AM
I'm probably the slowest person leveling out there lol I've been playing since Open Beta and I still don't have a level 20, Be nice though if they combined the Hide and sneak skill into one roll and free up a few points to place somewhere else but then I'm probably dreaming always found that to be the most annoying when I was playing D&D table top and the GM would have me roll for each one and it would make a game that much more boring, hehe at least from the other players stand point from all the yawn's and looking through other books and spell cards while I made my rolls. :D

mckaulik
This application has failed to start because d3dx9_42.dll was not found. Re-Installing the application may fix this problem.

me too

maddenmasterj
Awsome work peeps can't wait to log in after update is finished thanks for all the hard work.

MrLarone
10-20-2010, 10:50 AM
Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You!

fudtone
10-20-2010, 10:51 AM

Re-installed DX9 and it launched right up.

dogpig00
10-20-2010, 10:53 AM
I am extremely disappointed at Touch of Death change for Dark Path Monk.

Here is what I see what Turbine is doing:

1. Previously, Light monk is notably strong than Dark monk. Thus most monks are light.
2. Introduce a very strong Dark PrE and a very weak Light PrE. Thus making people either buy Feat swap tokens, LR, GR, or TR into Dark monk. More profits for Turbine.
3. Significantly Nerf Dark side signature move, Touch of Death, buff Light PrE, and introduce Tier 3 Light PrE with no Tier 3 Dark PrE, and hoping the Dark monks Feat swap/LR/GR/TR into Light monk. More porfits for Turbine.

And what Turbine is going to do next?
4. Nerf some of the powerful moves in Light monk, introduce Tier 3 Dark PrE. Thus creating another wave of monks going from Light to Dark.

In the end, there are countless profits for Turbine and endless loss and pain for players.

kinar
10-20-2010, 10:54 AM
Wow, what a seriously craptastic post.

You're right (+1)...however it seems that I'm not the only person who feels that way...

Your reputation on this post is Extremely Positive.

Hambo
10-20-2010, 10:58 AM
I'm probably the slowest person leveling out there lol I've been playing since Open Beta and I still don't have a level 20, Be nice though if they combined the Hide and sneak skill into one roll and free up a few points to place somewhere else but then I'm probably dreaming always found that to be the most annoying when I was playing D&D table top and the GM would have me roll for each one and it would make a game that much more boring, hehe at least from the other players stand point from all the yawn's and looking through other books and spell cards while I made my rolls. :D

Looks like you are in the same boat I am... I started DDO in Jan. 2006 (got in early by pre-ordering the box) and still have no Alts above Lvl 17. I suffer from rerollitis and haven't played on my original server (Argo) in over a year because I got tired of twinking and wanted the challenge of a fresh, 28pt start. Now my highest active Alt is nearly to 16 and counting. Time to start over, I guess :D

Doganpc
10-20-2010, 10:59 AM
The character selection screen looks akward now. To be honest I don't like itWill probably take some getting used to, or maybe just an excuse to finally use one of the custom UI skins.

Dogan
Nap time.

Diesel_Smurf
10-20-2010, 11:04 AM
Lovin the elite mode being available from the get go! Thanks for all your hard work guys!
Can't wait to make my Half Elf Cleric...Just like on paper hehehehe

t0r012
10-20-2010, 11:05 AM
sweet , I'm in .

Shintao II here I come! Anyone one up for some Invaders! token runs?
hmm lets see , stun you Mr beholder then jade tomb, then ohh lets dismiss this render , aww lets just stun this one and build some ki punching his face in. Sorry whats that Mr Beholder? saves against your disintegrate are fair? tough nuggies , in to the jade tomb with you!

Doganpc
10-20-2010, 11:07 AM

1. Previously, Light monk is notably strong than Dark monk. Thus most monks are light.
2. Introduce a very strong Dark PrE and a very weak Light PrE. Thus making people either buy Feat swap tokens, LR, GR, or TR into Dark monk. More profits for Turbine.
3. Significantly Nerf Dark side signature move, Touch of Death, buff Light PrE, and introduce Tier 3 Light PrE with no Tier 3 Dark PrE, and hoping the Dark monks Feat swap/LR/GR/TR into Light monk. More porfits for Turbine.

4. Nerf some of the powerful moves in Light monk, introduce Tier 3 Dark PrE. Thus creating another wave of monks going from Light to Dark.

In the end, there are countless profits for Turbine and endless loss and pain for players.This is the cost of playing the meta game. If you absolutely have to play the DPS meter game, you will be paying to respec as a larger sample of gameplay eventually shows some things too overpowering to let continue. Specifically, the choice between light or dark monk should be a personal choice with neither absolutely better than the other. They should approach things differently, but be just as capable. Similar to Wizard/Sorceror Favored Soul/Cleric, different tools for different jobs, but all effective tools.

Dogan
You only have to pay to play the meta game.

Jeralrik
10-20-2010, 11:08 AM
Looks like you are in the same boat I am... I started DDO in Jan. 2006 (got in early by pre-ordering the box) and still have no Alts above Lvl 17. I suffer from rerollitis and haven't played on my original server (Argo) in over a year because I got tired of twinking and wanted the challenge of a fresh, 28pt start. Now my highest active Alt is nearly to 16 and counting. Time to start over, I guess :D

Hey I got the pre-order also hehe and I have the make a ton of alts and delete and try out a new path, My Rogue was my 1st character and I just got level 13 with him, then my cleric and my Warforged barb seems to be stuck at level 10 where way back he hit the highest level you could go was 10 and then we got the Drow and my wizard is 15 I like him the best though. But I keep remaking alts and playing the lower levels, might help if I joined a guild with active players for my high level toons, wish I could get into Caffienne <or however you spell it> I've ran with a few of them and they were always decent folks.

emttrant
10-20-2010, 11:09 AM
to bad we all cant get on . . . im sure it's great, guess i'd have to be able to get on to enjoy it! . . . still stuck in loading screen, hey, at least we have a great update . . . . lol

Vazok1
10-20-2010, 11:10 AM
hi i cant get past the loading screen i've been told that i'm shown as online in game by guildys but cant get past the loading screen. is this an update 7 issue anyone else is having or just me?

SirAggravator
10-20-2010, 11:18 AM
<snip>
There are lots more player-requested polish items and bug fixes in there too!

Why are items being requested in polish? I'd much rather have them in english ;)

And a thanks for the update!

Lizellea
10-20-2010, 11:18 AM
I don't know if this is effecting anyone else or not but I just tried 5 times to get into the game. I downloaded the update and everything when it finally does get to the character screen it is black and wont show anything but the box with my toons' names in it and the options box. when i click on a name to log in it sits on the loading screen and will not let me in world. Please let me know if there is something I can do to fix it or if anyone else has the same problem.

josh1ua
10-20-2010, 11:21 AM
I LOVE DDO! Dev's god to be thanked for this one, so THANK YOU! I am so glad that this update has been brought to us, and another soon to follow! Oh My! This really is like Christmas on October! Three Cheers For The Dev's!

josh1ua
10-20-2010, 11:22 AM
I don't know if this is effecting anyone else or not but I just tried 5 times to get into the game. I downloaded the update and everything when it finally does get to the character screen it is black and wont show anything but the box with my toons' names in it and the options box. when i click on a name to log in it sits on the loading screen and will not let me in world. Please let me know if there is something I can do to fix it or if anyone else has the same problem.

Try restarting?

psteen1
10-20-2010, 11:22 AM
Half-elves are gracious? Courteous, kind, and pleasant, especially toward someone of lower social status?

Thouse haughty half-breeds!
I always thought they were graceful. Probably just me.

they might be haughty, but they have diplomacy skill bonuses. So I guess that makes them gracious. They don't get bonuses to dexterity, so they aren't really graceful. :)

edit: yay! post 69.

psteen1
10-20-2010, 11:23 AM
You have hunted with some of the greatest rangers of Khorvaire. You gain proficiency with all martial ranged weapons,

repeaters are exotic, not martial. So.... no.

Lizellea
10-20-2010, 11:25 AM
Try restarting?

I have each time still the same.

Tolero
10-20-2010, 11:26 AM

This sounds like the known issue with Intel users vs DX10. If you go into the options section and disable DX10 and enable DX9 instead, then restart, it should fix the issue.

Lizellea
10-20-2010, 11:27 AM
This sounds like the known issue with Intel users vs DX10. If you go into the options section and disable DX10 and enable DX9 instead, then restart, it should fix the issue.

Thank you I will try it

Lizellea
10-20-2010, 11:31 AM

Oh that is much better thank you very much ^^

element12137
10-20-2010, 11:35 AM
mo

element12137
10-20-2010, 11:37 AM
excited about new patch, but till waiting for druids. know they probably won't be available in the near future

Anthios888
10-20-2010, 11:41 AM
...There are lots more player-requested polish items ... in there too!
See you in Eberron!
-Fernando.

Thank you, Fernando! Ghallanda loves Europeans!!

http://www.etftrends.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/PolandFlag.jpg

emttrant
10-20-2010, 12:01 PM
wow, great, super . . . too bad we cant get on to enjoy, keep the the great praise coming for yourselves and fix the locked bugging screen . . . maybe if we can play a toon, we might asy great job on the half orc, great job on half - elf, or maybe u can keep feeding into why so many of us are looking for a company that can be forthright and deliver what they asy they will . . . jim

bigred374779
10-20-2010, 12:03 PM
sooo yea just waiting on on my updates and ready to run like crazy and check out all the new stuff

xxPowersxx
10-20-2010, 12:04 PM
You mean people dont expect delay? =)

madmaxhunter
10-20-2010, 12:07 PM
Please, ddo, stop improving the game.

I've played for almost a year now.

I need a break, but no, you all just hand the fresh glazed donut to the dieter. The bottle of water to the desert survivor (Menechtarun of course).

I used to enjoy work. Now I'm starting to get a stomache ache (imaginary of course). May have to go home soon and relax. Maybe kick on the computer?

Gotta say my son and I are giddy at the latest update. Especially the low level raid. My guild is planning a shake-down run Friday night. Level 20s in a level 4 (or 6? a little discrepency there) raid. That will be a hoot.

Keep up the great (though evil) work!

Hello my name is Lighthardtt and I'm a ddo addict
Sarlona

Necroscope84
10-20-2010, 12:08 PM
Thanks guys and gals at Turbine for all of the hard work you do. You'll have made DDO the definitive D&D experience on the pc for me. On a bad note I'm a bit upset at you'll because I was thoroughly enjoying a trip through NWN2 when you'll made DDO f2p. Now I may never finish that game, grrrr. Anyway, thanks for everything, this has been a great year and I look forward to next year as well.

SINIBYTE
10-20-2010, 12:12 PM
This is the cost of playing the meta game. If you absolutely have to play the DPS meter game, you will be paying to respec as a larger sample of gameplay eventually shows some things too overpowering to let continue. Specifically, the choice between light or dark monk should be a personal choice with neither absolutely better than the other. They should approach things differently, but be just as capable. Similar to Wizard/Sorceror Favored Soul/Cleric, different tools for different jobs, but all effective tools.

Dogan
You only have to pay to play the meta game.

I think what the OP is suggesting is that the choice has been removed. Noone wants a suboptimal character in the group... So the choice is: 1 is new and improved, 1 is not as good anymore. Which are you going for? There's no personal choice when you are expected to perform a specific role. When one aspect is greatly improved and "opposing" aspect is greatly reduced... you have only 1 choice, switch to the improved version. As such, he's insinuating, that it results in increased profits for Turbine by screwing the playerbase over forcing them to respec continually.

systemstate
10-20-2010, 12:14 PM
I can't believe no one has been tactless enough to ask when Update 8 is coming out yet. :D

There were a few of those the day of the U6 launch if I recall.

Captain_Wizbang
10-20-2010, 12:16 PM
Outstanding job on the entire update Turbine!

UI is amazing, new content is a blast, fixes to bugs are always appreciated!

AND the new races are a great addition to the game.

http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm299/chefricochet/animated/gratz-1.gif?t=1287594867

xxPowersxx
10-20-2010, 12:17 PM
When is Update 8 coming out?

Edit: Oh and what Ferd said. =)

Outstanding job on the entire update Turbine!

UI is amazing, new content is a blast, fixes to bugs are always appreciated!

AND the new races are a great addition to the game.

http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm299/chefricochet/animated/gratz-1.gif?t=1287594867

salmag
10-20-2010, 12:20 PM
Where are the GNOMES and DRUIDS?

kinar
10-20-2010, 12:20 PM
This isn't a community announcement, its a letter from the executive producer. I have to give kudos to Fernando and the whole dev team, the state of the game gave out specific goals for the year, and they have pretty much met every one. Communication with the devs is at an all time high, and the U7 preview was extremely well run and feedback was taken seriously and acted upon where possible.

Sure we can complain about nerfs, quests being low level etc, but I don't think we can continue to say that Turbine says one thing and then does nothing anymore. They promised x and delivered x. Fernando is the man in charge and he got his team to execute to plan. I simply don't think we can ask for more att his point without being greedy.

I wasn't asking for more...I was asking for Less (from him)!

Down with the managers!

DANTEIL
10-20-2010, 12:26 PM

This makes me sad because it means that I am likely to get the black screen again (I did on Lamannia) and will be forced to run the game in DX9 instead. I hope this gets worked out for the future.

But, I am looking forward to downloading everything tonight!!

ArkoHighStar
10-20-2010, 12:26 PM
I wasn't asking for more...I was asking for Less (from him)!

Down with the managers!

why I want more from him, I want him to put out letters more than once or twice a year, I want him to interact with the community

Sure its T&T's job to collect community info and suggestions, but the less buffer betwen him and us is the best possible outcome, so yes more Fernando

http://www.totalsoundrecording.com/zenstore/images/abba%20fernando.jpg

SINIBYTE
10-20-2010, 12:28 PM
why I want more from him

He kind of creeped me out when he was talking about how attractive half-elves are... even more-so when I actually saw what they looked like.

Steiner-Davion
10-20-2010, 12:28 PM
DO XP and Loots Boost Timers really pause when you enter a public space? I do not think that they did prior to update 7, and I'm stuck at work for another 4 hours so I can't check this out in U7 just yet.

TheHolyDarkness
10-20-2010, 12:34 PM
Well said.

Over the past year, you and your people have earned the ~$300ish dollars this premium customer has spent on your worthy, quality product. I regret not a single cent.

All you had to do was give me a choice.

Without that choice, indeed, you would have seen nothing.

Congratulations on the success of your entrepreneurial business model.

~TheHolyDarkness Out~

DarbnellanAmreh
10-20-2010, 12:36 PM
Thanks to all the devs for all of your hard work ... and for continuing to put up with our "+7 Unrelenting ******* of Ridiculousness." You all rock, no matter what we all scream at our monitors in the middle of the night.

Cheers!

ps - extra super duper special hooray for giving the lag monster a smackdown ... he's been getting a little too "grabby" these days ... think of the children!

Tolero
10-20-2010, 12:40 PM
DO XP and Loots Boost Timers really pause when you enter a public space? I do not think that they did prior to update 7, and I'm stuck at work for another 4 hours so I can't check this out in U7 just yet.

They do now indeed! *hugs all her potions and contracts*

Cauthey
10-20-2010, 12:43 PM

Bravo on this one! *applauds* :D

DevHead
10-20-2010, 12:47 PM

In the end, there are countless profits for Turbine and endless loss and pain for players.

I dunno about the profit margin; that sounds kinda conspiratorial, doncha think?

I am extremely ****ed about the nerfing of ToD. I solo a lot, which is why I made a monk; I realized when I got to higher levels that I was dps issues, so I therefore dropped a ******** amount of plat switching to dark path for ToD, and now this? If you're going to nerf the best move a dark monk has going for him/her, then give us Greensteel handwraps. Please.

DevHead
10-20-2010, 12:51 PM
Don't get me wrong, though; I'm thoroughly excited and happy about the rest of the updates. Especially the updated AH features and UI.

I'm getting on now to check things out.

ArkoHighStar
10-20-2010, 12:56 PM

You have made Tink and Star very happy people:)

Olarim
10-20-2010, 01:05 PM
Is this from the 'Other Changes': Players should no longer get stuck in mouselook mode when pressing the mouse-wheel while the right mouse button is held down.

All I can say is... HOORAY! I've had Mouselook disable since the very beginning and I've always hated having this happen to me mid-quest or mid-fight. Thank you~!

Edit: Along with all the other benefits of U7, once again, thank you.

spyderwolf
10-20-2010, 01:06 PM
Hey where abouts are you in Savannah...I used to live there on Burnside Island

off highway 17.

knightgf
10-20-2010, 01:21 PM
There's one thing you forgot to mention in the release notes:

"Our End-User License Agreement has changed!"

Just to save me time from reading all of it again, what exactly was added/changed/removed?

Edit: Hmm...says it was last updated August 9...or was it? I could be right, I could be wrong, but I do know its never popped up before after an update...

Balrose
10-20-2010, 01:58 PM
I have to say it. You guys did a great job! The new interface look and options are amazing. A special nod to the numbered feature options in character creation. I'm really impressed with the whole package. I can't wait for druids now!

Thvari
10-20-2010, 02:21 PM
I am gorram glad for the update. Now if only we can get some Cleric PrE's :) (crosses fingers for a cool warpriest enhancement or 3)

Tsuarok
10-20-2010, 02:26 PM
Re-installed DX9 and it launched right up.

How do you reinstall DX9?

kinar
10-20-2010, 02:28 PM
gorram

+1

kinar
10-20-2010, 02:30 PM
why I want more from him, I want him to put out letters more than once or twice a year, I want him to interact with the community
the less buffer betwen him and us is the best possible outcome, so yes more Fernando
Note to self: Arko likes having smoke blown up his ... I better not complete that statement

While I don't approve of your lifestyle choice, I certainly don't condemn it. +1

Cernunnos56
10-20-2010, 02:33 PM
Xd

Ashiel_Dragmire
10-20-2010, 02:38 PM
It's like Christmas in October! Thanks for all the hard work guys!

Gah! Now I need to watch the Nightmare Before Christmas again!

On topic: I logged on for a little before class and I like what I so far. My Quorforged Battle Docent went from teal to pink which saddens me, but I can live with that if the rumors of armor skins have any truth in them. If not then I guess I'll just live with it anyway since I have Mithral Body and you can barely see the pink anyway.

Pugsley
10-20-2010, 02:48 PM
What is a "docked" hireling bar?

YUGWEN
10-20-2010, 02:54 PM
Really appreciate the pause timer on boosts and mercs so can't wait to see that in action!

I was actually hoping that the ah search feature would be a p2p upgrade or VIP only. We don't HAVE to be able to use a search in ah but it has value. If people wanted to pay for it or become VIP to get it then more $$ for DDO. I'd rather have that then have a price increase or price increases. Price increases can be a mental downer :( I think it is better to get new revenue from new optional features than raise prices on stuff people already know about. I want DDO to make $$ so it will keep growing and getting better!

This is the only MMO I've tried that the graphics don't give me motion sickness so... LOVE IT!!!

Keep up the good work, DDO rocks!

Drfirewater79
10-20-2010, 02:56 PM
For maybe the first time in 3 years i have something to say to you that isnt GOD I HATE YOU ...

this time its... GOD I LOVE THIS GAME ... that is something i havent been able to say in a long long time. You guys really put your all into this one and its appreciated.

A lot of things i hate about it (ToD nerf for one) but the overwelming awesomeness of this update far outdoes the negitivity brought by it.

I look forward to the dps fix for rangers and dark monks in the future and will be glad to be finially having a reason to TR again (half orc frenzied kensai to the rescue) and the mabar event is off the hook .. by far the best thing you guys have done for events since the destruction of the market place ... fitting that you also include that in this update as well in the first low level raid since velah.

good work guys and excellent pace for updates i have to admit i didnt think you guys could keep it up ... I for one am finally proud to be a DDO player.

Also I would like to thank all the devs and you too FP for being a part of lama this time around ... i really hope this isnt the last time we see you guys there .. dev runned new content makes it easy for them to see our issues with content and makes it easier to SEE our opinions.

Keep up the good work..

god it feels good to say that .. please give me reason to say it more often.

marabou67
10-20-2010, 03:05 PM
I waited in anticipation all week for the 20th October and Update 7. Yay I thought it was gonna be so simple. Just launch ddo and the update automatically installs, (It did) and then launch my bright shiny new DDO.
INSTEAD, I did all of the above and up pops an error message saying that the program will now close as there is a missing file:

d3dx9-42.dll Please try reinstalling the software.

I did this and after many long hours of worry, launched ddo again and lo and behold

SAME THING!!!

Please please please what am I doing wrong? if its a Direct x10 problem with windows vista, how do I get Dirext x9 back?? and will this resolve my problem here.

CrescentCalling_5
10-20-2010, 03:15 PM
So no druid?

xD had to say it ;P

Hihiirokane
10-20-2010, 03:28 PM
Lovely update. Lovely fixes, lovely changes, lovely additions.

It's all love out here.

sigtrent
10-20-2010, 03:29 PM
Great work Turbine, cant wait to log in and give it a spin!

Really I do think this one is one of the high marks of your work!

RavenBrother
10-20-2010, 03:32 PM

LOLOLOLOLOL has it ever once in the history of DDO ever been on time... :D it is expected by now be patient...nothing to worry bout till Friday :D then you may complain.

elldur
10-20-2010, 03:34 PM
Nice work folks!! I will be playing this game past retirement and prolly won't have seen it all..lol:p Turbine keeps on rockin'!!!

AyumiAmakusa
10-20-2010, 03:36 PM
Here's to hoping DDO lives on for another 99 years (or more if you happen to be immortal).

kyebosh
10-20-2010, 03:37 PM
2 big thumbs up!
4.5 years & I still love this game more every update :)

Please be sure our thanks, "ooh's" & "ahh's" make it to those poor code monkeys you've got locked away there too, nerd love all round ;)

Deathlord00000
10-20-2010, 03:37 PM
One thing you forgot DDO, The update can cause the Lag Monster to gain alot of ground due to the possable lag caused by the changes to DDO!!!!!

Deathlord00000
10-20-2010, 03:42 PM
But i Have to admit, i know a bit about Elves because i have the books Monster Manual 1 and Monster Manual 2! But, couldnt you add some more mosters? like more Demons and Devils? maby even a umber hulk?

der_kluge
10-20-2010, 03:46 PM
Why oh why do I have to work for a living? I could be home playing DDO right now!!

Deathlord00000
10-20-2010, 03:48 PM
Holy **** The Update Made It So I Cant Enter Ddo!!!!! God Dangit!!!!!!!!

stoolcannon
10-20-2010, 03:53 PM
Awesome job devs. This is a very fun, VERY addicted and well designed game. After 5 years of Guild Wars I didn't even want to try a new MMO and I'm certainly glad I did.

Bravo

Mega65
10-20-2010, 04:14 PM
downloading U7 right now

Ikuinen
10-20-2010, 04:39 PM
DRUID PLEASE!!!
im "hungry" for!
but this was a good update! i liked a lot!

DarbnellanAmreh
10-20-2010, 04:58 PM

repeaters are exotic

ArkoHighStar
10-20-2010, 05:12 PM
Note to self: Arko likes having smoke blown up his ... I better not complete that statement

While I don't approve of your lifestyle choice, I certainly don't condemn it. +1

while I find you midly amusing, the sentiment remains, what is wrong with the executive producer of the game we all play having more communications with players.

although I must agree his excitment toward half elves was a little unnerving.:eek:

EricZanzibar
10-20-2010, 05:24 PM
im so excited i could wee.... oh wait..

Stitch78
10-20-2010, 05:25 PM
I am gorram glad for the update.

+1

I really hope someone picks up that show.

Gzusman
10-20-2010, 05:44 PM
DDO update broke my client... No DDO for me.... **** **** ****:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:: mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Ganak
10-20-2010, 06:50 PM
Hurray for U7!!

Piorot
10-20-2010, 06:53 PM
I get all the Juiciness of Loging in to the World Selection Part then
---------------------------
Resource String Not Found
Resource string for token "ArgumentException.RemoteConfiguration" could not be found.
at System.Environment.GetStackTrace(Exception e)
at System.Environment.GetStackTrace(Exception e)
at System.Environment.get_StackTrace()
at com.turbine.launcher.Launcher.GetResxString(String token)
at com.turbine.launcher.Phases.EulaPhase.get_Done()
at com.turbine.launcher.Phases.PhaseEngine.get_Curren tPhase()
at com.turbine.launcher.Forms.MainForm.PhaseTransitio n()
at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.InternalInvoke (Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture, Boolean isBinderDefault, Assembly caller, Boolean verifyAccess)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.InternalInvoke (Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture, Boolean verifyAccess)
at System.Delegate.DynamicInvokeImpl(Object[] args)
at System.MulticastDelegate.DynamicInvokeImpl(Object[] args)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallba cks()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Mes sage& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Mess age& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ParkingWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage (Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(M essage& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
at System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchM essageW(MSG& msg)
atSystem.Windows.Forms.ComponentManager.System.Win dows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods+IMsoComponentManage r.FPushMessageLoop(Int32 dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
at System.Windows.Forms.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopI nner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop( Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)
at com.turbine.launcher.Launcher.Main()
OK
Been searching the Forums for Fixes and Nothing that helps

Help

VerseDaddy
10-20-2010, 08:20 PM
im pumped about update 7, specifically about the ah search function. but i keep getting stuck on the loading screen when trying to log on. update downloaded fine...anyone else having this problem?

forsyti
10-20-2010, 08:22 PM
d3dx9-42.dll Please try reinstalling the software. Thanks for nothing Turbine.

jellyfish21
10-21-2010, 01:14 AM
I'm proud to be a part of this Great MMO!

Necrological
10-21-2010, 01:26 AM
after playing several hours with update 7, all I have to say is....................

best update ever.

Fundamental
10-21-2010, 06:29 AM
I quote "the fans who have made DDO Unlimited a huge hit over the past year".
Indeed, we are amany. We came like a storm and we still aren't done yet, new players signin' up each day, DDO gettin' bigger and bigger.
I would like to say to Fernando, a big thumbs up man! You can sleep well tonight and be proud of yourself, i've seen your videos on other gaming DDO site, of you promoting and explaining Update 7 and your doing a fantastic job.
No sugerballin', cause I can give criticism when I want to, nor scared to do it. xD But for the moment I don't have many things to point out, for now.
Basically the whole DDO team, all Turbine Developers down to the toilet cleaner, you peeps are doing a fantastic job at creating a sense of community and logical leadership, not just a developer who cares about pushing a next update, you actually care about the gamers themselves! Occasionally givin' a ban for the people who need a head ring, it's all good and the support has been great.
Now, the upcoming years will be a tough test for Turbine, DDO will get bigger, you guys will probably get a lot more funding and resources, a lot more eagle eyes, as the sayin' is, it's lonely at the top.. ;) but also it can be dangerous.
It reminds me of one of my favourite pc game, Total Annihilation and it's spiritual sequel, Supcom and Forged Alliance.
I wish Supreme Commander would have had the support this game has, not created 3 different games or expansion packs in 2 years but continually improving one single game.

Oh yeah, the person who is responsible for your Promotion, he needs a darn raise for cryin' out loud. lol.

For 2011 you guys should aim for these updates very much wanted by the players, xD hehehe now the fun part begins...

1. Summon / Pet Control / Artificial A.I mode (Controls like Perfect Dark on N64, hold mouse : command screen appears for pets ( Hold here, defend me, defend party, offensive mod, etc etc. )

2. Adv. High Dynamic Range lightning ( I don't know if DDO has this but I don't think so it would make the game look 100x as nice tho' probably the most important graphical update ever)

3. More inventory space, freely, or maybe so sort of new backpack, a 2nd one... buyable or loot obtainable in some quest or raid ( come on ;) ) lol

4. Interactivity of the Game world, characters look at eachother, heads move, things look more natural, raindrops affect the ground, aswell as snow, ice.. ala Metroid Prime.. ala Stalker... ala... well you know ;)
More atmosphere....

5. Player Housing ( Yeah why not, eh ? )

6. Least, PvP open world, area.

A open free to play adventure area, ACCESSIBLE by every player, in this area there will be claimable positions and locations and castles, caves whatever any orc, elf or drow wants to fight over lol...

So basically parties of players, Guilds, TR's Monster builds, can claim 'their' cave ( i.e. The Troglodite Fortress Cave )
and in this cave is, yup !! a 24h / or a 1h buff for +1 Loot drop, or maybe 6% Xp boost.

There could be a huge guild fight of 100's of players, all fighting over the control of this cave, or more.

( We all play Total War, we all love it, why not lend a little from it eh ;) lol... )

I know some of these things are far fetched but as a avid gamer I know what i'm saying and if you implement such, open rich features into a already enormously good game! It can only get better and better and better.
World of Warcraft and any other MMORPG, you will leave behind, you guys will distance yourself from regular MMORPG's and start a whole new era of free to play gaming, let alone you guys will be a milestone for all others to see and look at.

Thanks for the cool game.

skyjuice
10-21-2010, 06:40 AM
Congrats Ddo Turbine Division, this update is a star release. The new content is stellar, and of course, the new races which is the main theme of U7. Refreshed UI IS a breath of fresh air. And! Not forgetting the fixes and minor tweaks.

Keep this record and you guys will surely inch up there to be one of the top game studios (up with Bioware/Blizzard/Valve..etc)

Let's see how you guys 1-up this :)

MateCarefor
10-21-2010, 06:46 AM
Grats on all the new communication and Dev contact as well -
Having Thoon as a direct contact during the U7 preview was an awesome addition to how y'all are doing things a bit differently, and the boards have allowed some good parley between the users and admin as well.

Glad you are still excited, are moving things in new directions, and keeping us entertained.
Also glad to be a customer, and looking forward to sticking around a good bit longer.

Cheers, and thanks for the letter!

-- Mate

PestWulf
10-21-2010, 08:11 AM
I loved the free to play DDO when I was playing. The only thing that made me leave was that I couldn't handle the hour of inventory management I had to do to clear out backpack room every time I wanted to play.

I knew I could just destroy or not loot the cool little turn ins but it went against my nature. In the end, my whole group (all of four people, huge I know) decided we just couldn't hack all the inventory issues. Sadly, Turbine's LOTRO suffers from the same dang thing.

Yes, the collectible bag helped ENORMOUSLY, it's why we came back when it went free to play. But after a while, it still got to be too much as it still took hours to go to all the vendors and do the turn ins.

It may not be what you want to do, but please put some thought into making collectibles easier to turn in and less a focus of the game. I won't be coming back until I can play the game and not my inventory, but that's just my personal issues. Overall, I love the game and love the updates and am very happy you guys got a much needed cash infusion with the free to play. Kudos! (no fix my inventory so I can come back!! :) )

drakanfury312
10-21-2010, 02:59 PM
I like the new UI, and the half-elf class is cool. Also, I like that you didn't go the Blizzard route and maake even VIPs have to pay for the new update as an "expansion pack." Awesome game, awesome update. But why only one night for the Event?

Endricane
10-22-2010, 01:42 AM
In the process of downloading the update, and I'm sure it'll be awesome. I might even make a new character for keeps and delete my old one (I'm the kind of guy that prefers to focus on one character, rather than many), as a half elf wizard... should be fun!

You guys are awesome; but there's one major flaw. I was planning on goign to the event.... but it's been closed early!!! And it's not opening again!? What madness is this? You guys should fix the bug(s) and redo it, maybe for a day or two before halloween? I don't know, but I was really bummed when I read that it's over prematurely. Then I read what it was like... and I actually was speechless about missing it.

Please, reopen the event for at least one day to make up for those who missed it, and please give us due warning before it opens again (not one day warning and one day event, I almost missed it, then it closed early and I DID miss it). Really bummed about it; missed out on unique, epic equipment... because of a bug. Please do the event again soon.

Phoenix2k
10-22-2010, 06:48 AM
Whilst I am aware of how much effort goes into modifying major things like races and classes, I have some ideas about future additions fo further updates, and will happily wait for another year for implementation.
1. Druids
2. Shifters, they are a part of the Eberron campaign after all.
3. Now I cant remember the name of the race, but they were half quori..... the Dream-born I think. Please, please, please.
4. And before I ask I know this is a huge ask,......Psionics.
5. and in keeping with the oriental theme that seems to have developped through the Quori architecture and the monk classes....more weapons, mainly oriental in nature, but also includig things like spears, halberds and other polearms, and also weapons that aren't purely for min/maxing players, but offer a range of weapons for people who want to develop their own unique characters.

KamiKazeKenji
10-22-2010, 09:56 AM
Best F2P MMO ever. Seriously guys, kudos to you. Keep up the good work! I'll surely go VIP once I get a job!

The LORD's blessings to Turbine!

~研二

Shazzam79
10-22-2010, 01:34 PM
I read in the update news that Turbine was going to add a Mac user edition of the download!!! But where is it????? I have a sweet Version 10.5.8 Mac OS X!!! So i would love to put my favorite game on it, but every time I download it, it says the same thing as before, Cannot run On this Model etc etc. Is this a bug that has yet to be fixed? Or is it a mix up and were not getting it on Macs. :(

Shazzam79
10-22-2010, 01:36 PM
whilst I Am Aware Of How Much Effort Goes Into Modifying Major Things Like Races And Classes, I Have Some Ideas About Future Additions Fo Further Updates, And Will Happily Wait For Another Year For Implementation.
1. Druids
2. Shifters, They Are A Part Of The Eberron Campaign After All.
3. Now I Cant Remember The Name Of The Race, But They Were Half Quori..... The Dream-born I Think. Please, Please, Please.
4. And Before I Ask I Know This Is A Huge Ask,......psionics.
5. And In Keeping With The Oriental Theme That Seems To Have Developped Through The Quori Architecture And The Monk Classes....more Weapons, Mainly Oriental In Nature, But Also Includig Things Like Spears, Halberds And Other Polearms, And Also Weapons That Aren't Purely For Min/maxing Players, But Offer A Range Of Weapons For People Who Want To Develop Their Own Unique Characters.

Omgnolls Yes!!! Give Us Druids!!!!!!!!

Shazzam79
10-22-2010, 01:41 PM
I quote "the fans who have made DDO Unlimited a huge hit over the past year".
Indeed, we are amany. We came like a storm and we still aren't done yet, new players signin' up each day, DDO gettin' bigger and bigger.
I would like to say to Fernando, a big thumbs up man! You can sleep well tonight and be proud of yourself, i've seen your videos on other gaming DDO site, of you promoting and explaining Update 7 and your doing a fantastic job.
No sugerballin', cause I can give criticism when I want to, nor scared to do it. xD But for the moment I don't have many things to point out, for now.
Basically the whole DDO team, all Turbine Developers down to the toilet cleaner, you peeps are doing a fantastic job at creating a sense of community and logical leadership, not just a developer who cares about pushing a next update, you actually care about the gamers themselves! Occasionally givin' a ban for the people who need a head ring, it's all good and the support has been great.
Now, the upcoming years will be a tough test for Turbine, DDO will get bigger, you guys will probably get a lot more funding and resources, a lot more eagle eyes, as the sayin' is, it's lonely at the top.. ;) but also it can be dangerous.
It reminds me of one of my favourite pc game, Total Annihilation and it's spiritual sequel, Supcom and Forged Alliance.
I wish Supreme Commander would have had the support this game has, not created 3 different games or expansion packs in 2 years but continually improving one single game.

Oh yeah, the person who is responsible for your Promotion, he needs a darn raise for cryin' out loud. lol.

For 2011 you guys should aim for these updates very much wanted by the players, xD hehehe now the fun part begins...

1. Summon / Pet Control / Artificial A.I mode (Controls like Perfect Dark on N64, hold mouse : command screen appears for pets ( Hold here, defend me, defend party, offensive mod, etc etc. )

2. Adv. High Dynamic Range lightning ( I don't know if DDO has this but I don't think so it would make the game look 100x as nice tho' probably the most important graphical update ever)

3. More inventory space, freely, or maybe so sort of new backpack, a 2nd one... buyable or loot obtainable in some quest or raid ( come on ;) ) lol

4. Interactivity of the Game world, characters look at eachother, heads move, things look more natural, raindrops affect the ground, aswell as snow, ice.. ala Metroid Prime.. ala Stalker... ala... well you know ;)
More atmosphere....

5. Player Housing ( Yeah why not, eh ? )

6. Least, PvP open world, area.

A open free to play adventure area, ACCESSIBLE by every player, in this area there will be claimable positions and locations and castles, caves whatever any orc, elf or drow wants to fight over lol...

So basically parties of players, Guilds, TR's Monster builds, can claim 'their' cave ( i.e. The Troglodite Fortress Cave )
and in this cave is, yup !! a 24h / or a 1h buff for +1 Loot drop, or maybe 6% Xp boost.

There could be a huge guild fight of 100's of players, all fighting over the control of this cave, or more.

( We all play Total War, we all love it, why not lend a little from it eh ;) lol... )

I know some of these things are far fetched but as a avid gamer I know what i'm saying and if you implement such, open rich features into a already enormously good game! It can only get better and better and better.
World of Warcraft and any other MMORPG, you will leave behind, you guys will distance yourself from regular MMORPG's and start a whole new era of free to play gaming, let alone you guys will be a milestone for all others to see and look at.

Thanks for the cool game.

Dude I agree! LOTO is waayy more detailed in some ways. Why cant we have some of there weapons? I mean they have mounts, capes, HUGE areas to wander in just to name a smidgen of what you could do. If you could combine the two ideas it would be amazing!

Perspicacity
10-23-2010, 03:08 AM
Here is one no one has mentioned yet, we got orcs now so how about orc weapons?
Orc double axe anyone?

That is all.

gManJoe
10-23-2010, 08:48 AM
Is anyone listening? No devs seems to care about the Paladin class. :(

spyderwolf
10-23-2010, 05:56 PM
Is anyone listening? No devs seems to care about the Paladin class. :(

there has been alot of pally love in the past bud. well before your join date. at least 2 updatesi nthe past have brought tremdendous love to the pally class.

Arylon
10-23-2010, 07:23 PM
For the players who can actually log in after Update 7, I hear there are alot of very cool new things that have been added. But for the rest of us players who now can no longer even log into the game thanks to this update, not so much. Yes the black UI screen is annoying, and I'm glad you are aware of it, but just out of curiousity when are you planning on fixing the bug that doesn't even let us log in to the freaking game? Really making me rethink that premium membership that is about to come up for renewal.

Taecendar
11-01-2010, 09:20 PM
So maybe it's a little late to put this up, or maybe not the right place, but I've been playing the new update and love the little 'sight-lines' you get when you find something with Search now. Really awesome minor little thing that I wanted to express my appreciation for. Obviously kudos on the bigger stuff too and I'm excited to see the game continue moving forward.