PDA

View Full Version : [New Player] Recommended server / Char?

eyeline
08-16-2010, 04:38 PM
Howdy!

Just got here, got the game downloaded, installed, fully updated, ready to start.
Right now the questions begin, as like in all MMOs the server choice is/might be crucial in my long standing
in the game (or short, depending on the experience).

Any recomendation on where to start my adventuring? Any noob-friendly char to get my feet wet, or can I just
select whatever comes my way in seemingly random fashion going for the "i like how it looks" factor, with the
possibility of tweak more my char along the way to better suit my style?

Glad to be on board.

See you on the flip-side.

DavionFuxa
08-16-2010, 07:02 PM
Any server is good, basically there are all the same except for the people on them. I would recommend starting on Khyber or Ghallanda perhaps though, and grinding a character to 500 favor; then moving on to another server.

You are free to play any character but it is recommended you start with a Barbarian or Fighter since those characters are easier to play.

NoMercier
08-17-2010, 11:04 AM
http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=232660

This thread has lots of great info on builds based on the ones in the Preplanned route provided by ddo. These builds tweak what was originally given and make them more usefull.

Server should not matter much. If you plan to play alot (or typically do with mmo's) then don't worry about what you start with. You'll inevitably create more than 1 char.

Stermlin
08-17-2010, 11:07 AM
Good to see a new player on the circuit. Would just like to say,

Hi Welcome