PDA

View Full Version : Sorcerer underpowered?

Necronlord4
08-01-2010, 10:09 AM
I have a low level sorcerer and a low level tank. My sorcerer has been built to max out damage as much as possible, and the tank was built to well, tank. The problem is without even trying my tank (Customized human fighter) does far more damage and has much more health than my sorcerer. I would think that the sorcerer would put out more dps than a tank built fighter. I have been told that sorcerers are very weak at low levels but are far better and end game is this true? Or are they always underpowered?

Visty
08-01-2010, 10:11 AM
thats lowlevels, there every caster sucks

wait till lvl8 and you get firewall, then you will notice that sorcs are not even close to be beeing underpowered (i think sorcs were the first to solo certain raids)

AyumiAmakusa
08-01-2010, 10:16 AM
Underpowered? Having the best spell damage and the largest mana pool is underpowered to you? Not to mention a good capstone? Take a look at clerics and let's see who is more 'underpowered'.

Angelus_dead
08-01-2010, 10:29 AM
I would think that the sorcerer would put out more dps than a tank built fighter. I have been told that sorcerers are very weak at low levels but are far better and end game is this true? Or are they always underpowered?
Sorcs do get better, so to say they're "always underpowered" is incorrect, or at least a huge oversimplification. But what is true is that Sorcerers are almost always imbalanced in DDO.

They remain underpowered at some things but are overpowered at other things, and not in a way where it evens out into a balanced character class. Basically the devs need to do some real work changing the damage potential of spellcasters if they want to fix this; and it wouldn't be an easy job even in theory.

Merlocke
08-01-2010, 01:44 PM
thats lowlevels, there every caster sucks

wait till lvl8 and you get firewall, then you will notice that sorcs are not even close to be beeing underpowered (i think sorcs were the first to solo certain raids)

Just keep doing what your doing maxing your fire/cold spells and wait until you get firewall, that spell is very powerful.