PDA

View Full Version : Questiona bout european

pelle424
07-30-2010, 06:14 PM
Dont know if this is correct spot to ask this.

I have some questions i need answered.

Thing is, when me and my friend play DDO i lag minimum thats no prob i can play, but when my friend plays he lags like hell and we have like 100/100 connection and VERY good comp specs, we are using the high res client. Thing is, we asked around and they told us that we are europeen so maybe thats why, then i saw that European servers are coming. My question is, will i be able to transfter my char FROM this client (us) to the european client when it comes 19'th august? Couse i feel its a waste of time to level my char now then do another new one when the europeen comes, is it possible to transfer your character from US to EU? Then i mean f2p?

Noctus
07-30-2010, 07:37 PM
Your lag has nothing to do with being european. I play just fine from Germany. Since years.

Ivan_Milic
07-30-2010, 07:48 PM
Your lag has nothing to do with being european. I play just fine from Germany. Since years.
Same here,no lag,playing from Croatia.

ReaperAlexEU
07-30-2010, 07:49 PM
also we dont know if there will be european servers. that announcement was telling us the old codemaster servers in europe are shutting down (they dont even have free to play) and the 4 year old characters are getting moved to turbine run servers.

they have not specified if there will be new servers yet.

pelle424
07-31-2010, 06:30 AM
Then why the hell am i lagging with this good connection? i tryed everything, lowering some stuff using the troubleshoot connection options, nothing helP! anyone got any solutions?

Visty
07-31-2010, 06:36 AM
maybe someone else is downloading or streaming huge amounts of video/audio files on your connection
or you got some kind of virus on your pc

there are many reasony but playing in US isnt it

boomeranky
07-31-2010, 07:27 AM
You may check the memory usage while running the game.

When I set texture details too high, it lags like hell here because the comp has to swap memory all the time...
I know I have only 2gbyte, but its still a bit high usage for such a game... anyway with high res textures you will want to have at least 4gbyte of ram, just try what works best for your systems

horriblescarz
07-31-2010, 11:10 AM
i find the DDO servers to be the best i have encountered to date.. i have played hundreds of games.. and left most due to bad servers.. ddo does not suffer from poor servers.
the mst likely suspect is your comp.. how many processes do you have running.. open task manager amd check to see how many.. if you run XP you can trim it down to 19 processes.. yup i said 19. here is how.. disable JAVA.. especially the java auto updater.. if you run iTunes.. disable the itunes helper.. and then there is print spooler and file indexing ect.. basically if you dont need it to play the game.. TURN IT OFF.. you can do this in task mamanger or with the reg editor.. google XP preformance tweaks..

if you run VISTA or win7.. well you might have up to 200 un-needed processes or services running trim them down.. or plug in a few USB 8g flash drives.. then turn them into EXTENDED MEMORY.. this will use up to 50% of the jumpdrive as onboard memory.. allowing more data to be processed and cut your system LATNENCY down a lil bit.

and this lag might be a virus or malware.. so a scan with the latest version of AGV might be your easiest fix.

here is a link to a AWESOME start-up controller tool, here is the link.http://codestuff.tripod.com/
its a task manager on steroids.. allowing you to easilly turn off uneeded processes, start ups and services.

another AWESOME site. is the windows live one-care registry fixer
you must access it with Internet Explorter http://onecare.live.com/site/en-us/default.htm?s_cid=sah
now you have to allow the active X control (purple tool bar pops up when installling) and once you have installed it run the full scan(this scan can be trimmed to run just the registry scann but i suggest to run all the scans even the virus and malware scan.. because MS is on the ball with code hotfixes and updates their malicious data base very frequently (they beat AVG and avast with the anoculate releases))

ok now you have all the tools you need to cut your latency. i hope this helps.

PS make sure you set a restore point BEFORE you make any changes to your registry.. its easy to mess it up.. and eventhough its easy to revert the mods with starter setup.. a restore is even easier.

PPS with starter setup.. you can RIGHT CLICK any start-up, process or service and easilly google it to determine if its a essential opperation , malicious or a un-needed service or process...

remember to RE-BOOT after any mods to your registry to ensure system stability.

pm me if you need ADVANCED assistance.