PDA

View Full Version : DDO store item that changes cosmetic look of armors

yodino
07-14-2010, 08:38 AM
I'd pay for an item that would change my fugly mithril +5 full plate into a better looking version. Would you?

chak
07-14-2010, 08:41 AM
i know i shouldnt care what my armor looks like but...i do. so yeah /signed

Ormindo
07-14-2010, 08:48 AM
As I've suggested not only once, the easiest way is to repick the GS ways.

Create a DDO shop stone. If we combine an equipment with the stone at the stone of change, the stone "eats" the stats of the equipment. If then we combine the imbued stone with the same kind of equipment (fullplate with fullplate, etc), the equipment loses its stats but gains the ones from the stone.

Thechemicals
07-14-2010, 08:56 AM
It should be free. I dont think everything in this game should have a pricetag.

Gkar
07-14-2010, 09:00 AM
They clearly are working on this already. Just check out the cosmetic hats and shield.

yodino
07-14-2010, 09:07 AM
They clearly are working on this already. Just check out the cosmetic hats and shield.

Those are purely cosmetic items. They don't add anything substantial game-wise. This is changing a substantial item's design cosmetically so we kick ass AND look good at the same time.

AestorTheKnight
07-14-2010, 10:54 AM
I'd pay for an item that would change my fugly mithril +5 full plate into a better looking version. Would you?

No I wouldnt pay for it. I already pay a subscription to Turbine to play the game. I should not and neither should anyone else have to pay additional $ or £ to choose how their characters Armour, Shield, Helmet or Weapon looks.

It should be part of the game, not just part of the DDO store.

Qzipoun
07-14-2010, 10:56 AM
No I wouldnt pay for it. I already pay a subscription to Turbine to play the game. I should not and neither should anyone else have to pay additional $ or £ to choose how their characters Armour, Shield, Helmet or Weapon looks.

This.

The only stuff that should be Store-only is meta-game stuff like adventure packs, but clearly Turbine is not going down this road.

yodino
07-14-2010, 11:20 AM

I understand where your coming from, but I doubt anyone at Turbine's gonna move a muscle unless they stand to make a profit from implementing it. So yes, I would support an item on DDO store with this kind of effect.

AestorTheKnight
07-14-2010, 12:09 PM
...but I doubt anyone at Turbine's gonna move a muscle unless they stand to make a profit from implementing it.

They stand to lose profit by implementing it poorly or not implementintg it at all.

Gkar
07-14-2010, 12:18 PM
Those are purely cosmetic items. They don't add anything substantial game-wise. This is changing a substantial item's design cosmetically so we kick ass AND look good at the same time.

Actually they have items that 1) just add cosmetics, and they have items 2) that add cosmetics AND effects.

Take a loot at the bunny hats. They make a cosmetic change while also buffing you.

yodino
07-14-2010, 08:37 PM
They stand to lose profit by implementing it poorly or not implementintg it at all.

Well, they could build it into their forgemaster portable repair item. After all, i doubt it's selling that much right now anyways.