PDA

View Full Version : Another epic item crafting thread

Auran82
07-12-2010, 08:49 PM
While I understand that some (many? Most?) people really don't like how epic crafting works, is there any chance that anything is going to change with the scroll/seal/shard system?

I don't know about anyone else, but I would have to have 4 or 5 items where I am only missing the seal and am starting to get a little tired of farming chests trying to find them (especially bad in the desert with the large number of items available)

To be totally honest, the scroll and shard parts don't bother me so much.

Scroll - While I don't like the drop method itself, scrolls are good in the sense that they add something valuable to the economy, and you can trade for them to make your item.
Shard - As they only drop in the epic chest in quests, I don't mind them so much as at least you know where to get them, and (at least in the raids) they seem to have a fairly decent chance to drop.

The seals on the other hand, annoy the hell out of me, the drop rate on them seems to be really low most of the time, they are not tradable other than in the chest (which is good and bad) and they mostly seem to be the part you can never find when you want them. Especially in the desert, you run the raid, finally pull that shard you have been chasing for ages, trade for the scroll, then realise you are missing the seal.

Can we please get some kind of system to allow us to buy seals and maybe BTA scrolls with tokens? The shards should probably stay chest loot only (the raid item ones at least as they are more or less raid loot) or even better, dump the seals altogether, make it so that you only need the shard and scroll, and maybe have scrolls also drop in chests as well as off mobs (and change the scrolls to be a rare drop from the epic shard fragment bags that drop at the moment, or some kind of system like how renown is assigned) The seals just drive me nuts.