PDA

View Full Version : Guild advertising in LFG...

TheArchitect-
07-09-2010, 04:33 PM
STOP IT!!

I'm looking for a group, not guild advertisements. People should make it a point NOT to join any guild that advertises in LFG.

:mad:

Uska
07-09-2010, 04:37 PM
report em its not a proper use of the lfm that should soon put a stop the the practise.

systemstate
07-09-2010, 04:52 PM
How do you report them? Open a ticket?

Codect
07-09-2010, 08:00 PM
Agree.

It seems like half the LFMs these days on Orien are level 6s recruiting for their guild.

TheArchitect-
07-09-2010, 09:03 PM
report em its not a proper use of the lfm that should soon put a stop the the practise.

what would the steps be to do this? Is there a way in-game?

sfi72
07-10-2010, 03:12 AM
Agree.

It seems like half the LFMs these days on Orien are level 6s recruiting for their guild.

Yup that and people buying Ioun Stones and Tome Pages, or "WTT Large Horn for Large Devil Scale"(lol).

~Karvoski
07-10-2010, 04:01 AM
STOP IT!!

I'm looking for a group, not guild advertisements. People should make it a point NOT to join any guild that advertises in LFG.

I agree completely. But you should also know to file a harassment ticket on that person because it is a violation of the rules to guild recruit in the LFM

herzkos
07-10-2010, 06:41 AM

Yes you open a help ticket under harassment (i believe) and
list the player's name in the appropriate spot on the ticket.
in the comments area, specify whether it is a guild lfm or a WTS/WTB
or trade infraction.

~Karvoski
07-10-2010, 01:41 PM
so, wait, buying and selling in the lfm is a viotlation too?

porq
07-10-2010, 03:07 PM
so, wait, buying and selling in the lfm is a viotlation too?

It absolutely is. Here's the link to Kosmo's post that says, clear as day, WTB/WTS/trade lfm's are violations

http://forums.ddo.com/showpost.php?p=1031853&postcount=1

It's surprising how many people can't understand that people use the social panel to look for groups for questing, not to look for trade deals or for guild advertisements. Both of those are spam, and clutter up the listings for, you know, people who are looking to group for quests.

It only really became a problem after the release of the renown system, which makes sense. I saw the same thing in Guild Wars, except it was called favor instead of renown. These new startup mega guilds are really just the same, they're out for anything with a heartbeat that can donate renown/favor so they can have the biggest airship/town, and really not much else. Not what guilds should be about, but play as you like, right?

TheArchitect-
07-11-2010, 07:44 PM
Looks like i will be doing a few of these, hopefully we can get people to stop the spam!

ty for the responses and info

Zorth
07-11-2010, 07:46 PM
who cares.

yawn.

Antheal
07-11-2010, 07:56 PM
Well thanks for that wonderful contribution.

What happened, did you get in trouble for your own Guild Recruitment LFM?

karl_k0ch
07-12-2010, 07:23 AM
I am also reporting some players for these unwanted advertisements, but I don't report them as spam but as harrasment. I think I listed their guild name in the ticket as well.

Edit: To correct myself: I am using and always have been using spam and only spam. Don't know how I mixed that up above.

Uska
07-12-2010, 08:36 AM
open a ticket and report them for harasment or spam both will work but I think harasment will get faster attention

Aegapae
07-12-2010, 08:43 AM
open a ticket and report them for harasment or spam both will work but I think harasment will get faster attention

Harrassment may be faster but since these advertisements in LFG are spam maybe using the proper report would be good. Then real harrassment will continue to get a fast response.

Cupcake
07-12-2010, 12:38 PM
*Will follow suit and report.

It's getting old.

Ruland
07-22-2010, 02:12 PM
Quick question from a newb. How effective is this? I know on other games or on XBL filing complaints is basically a waste of time. Do the good fellows of DDO actually take action or issue warnings. I'm sure they aren't allowed to say obviously. Just curious because even as a new player it just urks me when people do this. There are more than enough proper channels that this shouldn't even be an issue. It's to the point where I have all public channels turned off.

AZgreentea
07-22-2010, 02:24 PM
I dont have the link to the post, but you have to be slightly careful about that.

From what I read, if they are putting an LFG up that says "Join this party, and run this quest to see if you want to be in our guild" that is technically ok since they are looking for a group.

Though I agree that most LFG that are guild recruiting do not meet that standard.

Minttunator
08-01-2010, 10:27 AM
Quick question from a newb. How effective is this? I know on other games or on XBL filing complaints is basically a waste of time. Do the good fellows of DDO actually take action or issue warnings.

I don't know if this is always the case, but I've had good experiences thus far. Today, for example, I reported 3 people who were using LFG for guild recruitment - in each case I got the 'your ticket has been updated' message after about 10 minutes and the aforementioned 'groups' had disappeared. Good job, GMs! :cool:

Calebro
08-01-2010, 10:32 AM
I dont have the link to the post, but you have to be slightly careful about that.

From what I read, if they are putting an LFG up that says "Join this party, and run this quest to see if you want to be in our guild" that is technically ok since they are looking for a group.

Though I agree that most LFG that are guild recruiting do not meet that standard.
Those are fine, as they're actually looking for a group to run a quest. Regardless of whether or not you're interested in joining their guild, you can still join and run the quest with them.

Arthas01
08-01-2010, 03:37 PM
lawls world of warcraft has been having this problem of "improper" use of the LFM and other channels for years now, good luck with having a gm even open a ticket for a complaint like that

Calebro
08-01-2010, 03:40 PM
lawls world of warcraft has been having this problem of "improper" use of the LFM and other channels for years now, good luck with having a gm even open a ticket for a complaint like that

This is not WoW.
Open that ticket here and the offending player will be warned, then receive an infraction. I report them all the time.

charredrex
08-01-2010, 09:01 PM
The GMs in this game are awesome. Within a half hour most of my problems have been resolved, from quest glitches to reports on people harrassing other players, and so on. And if they couldn't help me (like with a points spent glitch) they directed me to where I need to go.

As opposed to another game I was playing where it took an hour and a half to get a respone and they recited to do what I'd already tried to fix it and then instead of just putting me outside the quest, they dumped me on the other side of the game world.

My hats off to the GMs in DDO. It's a thankless job and they do it extremely well.

Bloodstealer
08-02-2010, 12:45 PM
STOP IT!!

Hmm as much I disagree with the LFM recruitment tactics I simply just ignore them or maybe drop a general chat comment like - "Desperado Guilds need more monkeys to help them get their airship".
To be honests its just deperado guilds looking for a quick way to build guild renown. As much as its a pain you can simply just ignore the LFM or the various chat channel adverts.
If people are silly enuff to be recruited like that then that's their problem and if gulds wanna recruit players without knowing anything about your playstyle, attitude, experience etc then thats their problem to - it will soon filter through into the general gaming comminuty - guild reps are hard to build but so very, very easy to destroy.

But is it really worth all the whinning, when all you gotta do is lower your eyeballs and read the next valid LFM....

Devrak
08-03-2010, 12:32 PM
I don't know if this is always the case, but I've had good experiences thus far. Today, for example, I reported 3 people who were using LFG for guild recruitment - in each case I got the 'your ticket has been updated' message after about 10 minutes and the aforementioned 'groups' had disappeared. Good job, GMs! :cool:

LFM recruiting is legal as long as you are holding a guild "audition", meet or questing together. This has been posted before. People from other games come to DDO and start bashing other players for posting groups that want to meet and join guild.

Tolero ~ a Turbine employee and community manager has posted about this ...........

Indeed. Unless you're actually forming a party/raid for an activity, the LFM shouldn't be used for guild recruitment. i.e. if you're having an "audition" for new guildies by having them join your party and running a quest with them that's one thing, but just leaving an LFM up with a guild ad without actually grouping up/questing with folks isn't appropriate use of the LFM.

We do want to have more recruitment tools for guilds in the future, and the guild matchup forums (whether under specific server or in the open-ended forums), general chat, updating MyDDO guild page status to "recruiting," and submitting a guild ad to the Eberron Chronicle are appropriate guild recruitment methods in the meantime.

Here is the link: http://forums.ddo.com/showpost.php?p=3122576&postcount=16

TheArchitect-
08-05-2010, 10:23 AM
Good post Devrak. +rep

LordLotate
08-05-2010, 11:10 AM
It absolutely is.

It only really became a problem after the release of the renown system, which makes sense. I saw the same thing in Guild Wars, except it was called favor instead of renown. These new startup mega guilds are really just the same, they're out for anything with a heartbeat that can donate renown/favor so they can have the biggest airship/town, and really not much else. Not what guilds should be about, but play as you like, right?

but they fail to check into it further and find out to have the biggest airship cost ddo points.... next there will be an lfm for that to

AlexR
08-13-2010, 01:52 PM
ummm where do you open a ticket/report someone?