PDA

View Full Version : Goolan hits 1000 Raids on a Single Toon

Goolan
06-25-2010, 10:00 PM
With the help of the great Legends guid, I completed my 1000th Raid on my toon Goolan. I scrambled to get this done before the update, because they intend to add The Tide Turns to the "/quest completions" list (and it is not a raid at all!). Here is a screenshot of the numbers:

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii192/jeffreyalsip/1000stats.jpg

Here is a shot of the triumphant Party. Thanks to the Legends Members, Thaldore, Glyphii, Rhaphsody, Groggel, Cadd, Camyra, Zadder, Demonpriest, Dulcine, Ploratus, and Niarda"

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii192/jeffreyalsip/1000group.jpg

This took alot of work, and I am not aware of anyone having done this before. Thanks to all the players who helped along the way. I'll leave you with my latest glam shot:

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii192/jeffreyalsip/pose3.jpg

mediocresurgeon
06-25-2010, 10:08 PM
That is an impressive display of dedication to your character.

/showhelmet off

totmacher
06-25-2010, 10:08 PM
nice man. they should namea feat afte ru

Comfortably
06-25-2010, 10:09 PM
Wow.

/showhelmet off

Really? I think it's an awesome looking helm. Not to mention the stats. ;P

Grats on 1k man!

mediocresurgeon
06-25-2010, 10:12 PM
Really? I think it's an awesome looking helm. Not to mention the stats.

"/showhelmet off" is a geekier way of saying "hats off to you."

Which server was this on?

Goolan
06-25-2010, 10:24 PM
I'm sorry for not mentioning this in the write-up. This was done on the Khyber Server (and Riedra before that)

Wizard_Zero
06-25-2010, 10:50 PM
Great job, haven't even reached a 100 yet. So.... when you are you gonna TR this guy?

Windex69
06-25-2010, 11:22 PM
Congrats???

evilgardengnome
06-25-2010, 11:26 PM
When was the last time you got some sleep?

Congratulations.

Stormanne
06-25-2010, 11:26 PM
Congrats on the feat. I don't think I have 1,000 raids done on all of my characters combined.

As a side note, with the Red Dragon Scale armor and helm, you look like a bloated Red Power Ranger...sorry.

Goolan
06-26-2010, 12:51 AM
As a side note, with the Red Dragon Scale armor and helm, you look like a bloated Red Power Ranger...sorry.

I'm afraid you are the victim of an illusion. I am still a few scales short of the Red Dragon Scale Docent. That is actually the Bladesmark Docent. The look is very similar. The "bloated" thingy, though, I do agree with.

lbroyles
06-26-2010, 11:54 AM
Congratulations Goolan!

Demon

Arkat
06-26-2010, 11:58 AM
114 Titans and I'll bet you STILL haven't pulled a Chattering Ring! :p

Congrats anyway. :)

Internetisrsbsn
06-26-2010, 12:09 PM
Don't worry everyone...I've got this.

Hi Welcome

Okay. So you can't refute what I said. Thanks for clearing that up.

Bunker
06-26-2010, 12:11 PM
90 DQs and I'll bet you STILL haven't pulled a Chattering Ring! :p

Congrats anyway. :)

perhaps because the ring in in Titan?

Arkat
06-26-2010, 12:15 PM
perhaps because the ring in in Titan?

Cr@p. Fixing now. TY

Internetisrsbsn
06-26-2010, 12:20 PM
http://colorskates.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/haterade_gorilla2.jpg

That's pretty funny. I'm not angry, though. I'm just being real with you guys.

What's funnier, though, is that none of you guys have proved me wrong. I'm guessing it's because you can't?

ConnorMacLoad
06-26-2010, 12:23 PM

:D you do not have to be angry to be a hater, trust me. In a past life I was a massive hater of many things. Now I just openly seath with jealousy. I find it suits my playstyle more :)

Internetisrsbsn
06-26-2010, 12:24 PM
:D you do not have to be angry to be a hater, trust me. In a past life I was a massive hater of many things. Now I just openly seath with jealousy. I find it suits my playstyle more :)

I'm not being a hater, nor am I jealous of anyone that does 1000 raids. I could too if I was bored enough to do it.

ConnorMacLoad
06-26-2010, 12:27 PM
What's funnier, though, is that none of you guys have proved me wrong. I'm guessing it's because you can't?

I find it weird that you need to somehow validate things with s deffinition of skill. The two are not mutually exclusive. There are many many accomplishments in life that do not require skill. Take getting laid for instance. I bet you could do that......without any skill at all ;)

just funnin a bit, but really though. This is an accomplishment. Might be one that does not require much skill, but still an accomplishment non the less. Proving it does not require skill does not invalidate it in the least.

uhgungawa
06-26-2010, 12:34 PM
Congrats, but all I have to give you is this.

http://69.205.238.134/goolan.jpg

Found it hanging around and thought you might want it back. ;)

Visty
06-26-2010, 01:22 PM
time for a reroll, no?

Goolan
06-26-2010, 02:52 PM
I'm not being a hater, nor am I jealous of anyone that does 1000 raids. I could too if I was bored enough to do it.

Woulda, coulda, shoulda.....won't, can't, didn't.

Captain_Wizbang
06-26-2010, 03:04 PM
Gratz! Nice job!

You deserve an award, AND something to drink! You must be thirsty after all that work!
http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm299/chefricochet/animated/th_14da81c8.gif?t=1277582582 http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm299/chefricochet/animated/th_water.jpg?t=1277582582
(http://s299.photobucket.com/albums/mm299/chefricochet/animated/?action=view&current=14da81c8.gif)

+ 1 Goolan

PS dont let the troll on your thread ruin it for you.

SilkofDrasnia
06-26-2010, 03:14 PM
Sure it does.

Edit: Getting laid actually does take some skill. You have to know when to slip the drugs in the drink. :) I bet that takes a bit of skill.

wow what a dou che! lol

firstly doing 1000 raids is something it means uve found enjoyment enough to keep playing and enough friends etc etc to keep u going so on n so forth im sure u get the drift ....

secondly there nothing wrong with posting this showing ur pride etc etc

thirdly theres no need to be an ass n post ur kind of garbage, its simply good manners (that evreyone should know) barring u dint have a momma to raise u right ;)

i have to say this quote kind of sums u up nicely ;) !!!

i mean what a man!! needing drugs to get any xD whats the matter got tired of ur hand n was too poor to buy any lol ?? or is it simply the only way u know how to get action ?

rock on loser !!!!!!!!!!!!

WD Goolan !!!!

Goolan
06-26-2010, 04:56 PM
What a Cool kid, You come onto someone's Achieviement thread to talk sh!t... Can i have your autograph? You are so Badass

-1 if i could

These guys don't bother me. I feel kind of sorry for him....he probably hasn't done anything, worthy of note, and never will. I expected a few flames from idiots.

uhgungawa
06-26-2010, 05:05 PM
Sure it does.

Edit: Getting laid actually does take some skill. You have to know when to slip the drugs in the drink. :) I bet that takes a bit of skill.

Nah, you don't need skill. You just need the $20.00 your mama gave you for your allowance and a walk down to the corner. :p

samthedagger
06-26-2010, 05:16 PM
Running a thousand raids on one character: an accomplishment.

Running a thousand circles around your house: also an accomplishment.

As you can see, the definition of an "accomplishment" is pretty loose. I don't think anyone ever claimed that the accomplishments forum was only for players capable of naked solo runs through epic. I find it more interesting that our society values numbers dependent on a base numbering system more than others. I mean, shouldn't 1001 runs be even more impressive? But that gets glossed over for some reason.

Anyway, good on you Goolan. Glad you like this game enough to keep playing. I hope you get 1000 more.

Gunga
06-26-2010, 05:46 PM

So, you're bored enough to troll the achievements forum of a video game, but not bored enough to play the game and achieve something?

Congrats?

Internetisrsbsn
06-26-2010, 05:49 PM
excellent example of why I hate most ppl

I'm sorry if you hate me. Lol

Internetisrsbsn
06-26-2010, 05:50 PM
So, you're bored enough to troll the achievements forum of a video game, but not bored enough to play the game and achieve something?

Congrats?

I'm not trolling. I'm just being real with all of you. This is not really an accomplishment.

Internetisrsbsn
06-26-2010, 05:50 PM
You are a jerk for this post!

I'm sure your rep will go down for this.

And your later comment about something that violates forum policy will draw the wrath of the moderators!

Nice job!

OP, your 1000 raids is a great achievement, and for bozos to make this kind of remark is, well, lets just say he is off the Christmas card list! I wonder if his in-game attitude is similar.

You can't neg rep me. I disabled it for a reason.

Edit: Any my in-game attitude is the same. If someone brags that they did STK on elite, I will tell them that means nothing. STK got hit with the easy button, so...

Internetisrsbsn
06-26-2010, 05:51 PM
What a Cool kid, You come onto someone's Achieviement thread to talk sh!t... Can i have your autograph? You are so Badass

-1 if i could

I never once claimed I was cool or a badass. I have no clue where you got that.

Internetisrsbsn
06-26-2010, 05:55 PM
Woulda, coulda, shoulda.....won't, can't, didn't.

There's a difference between "can't" and "won't". I have the ability to do 1000 raids, but do you think I am actually going to sit through all of that? That would be so tedious and boring.

Internetisrsbsn
06-26-2010, 05:56 PM
These guys don't bother me. I feel kind of sorry for him....he probably hasn't done anything, worthy of note, and never will. I expected a few flames from idiots.

Doing 1000 raids is so productive, amirite?

Premier
06-26-2010, 06:07 PM
Congratz Goolan!! That's an awesome accomplishment!

kamimitsu
06-26-2010, 06:10 PM

True... then again, I could do 500 laps in a race car, but that doesn't make me a Nascar driver, nor does it convey any of the benefits or privileges of Nascar sponsorship.

Being able to do something, and having the stamina, patience and will to do so are completely different things. Also, being the first to do something, even something fairly trivial, is generally considered an accomplishment. I mean, you *could* hop in a spaceship and go to the moon (if you wanted to, of course... and had the free time), but saying so doesn't make you as cool as Mr. Armstrong, who actually did it.

Q.E.D.

To the OP: Great work. That must have taken considerable dedication to complete.

Internetisrsbsn
06-26-2010, 06:13 PM
Way to rain on someones parade gimp. It isn't about skill or anything like its just an accomplishment thats it. Congrats to Goolan and his representation of Legends on Khyber, nice job.

I've only made a gimp character once, and it was on purpose. It was a halfling barbarian with all stats into intelligence, charisma, and wisdom. I put my skill points into stuff like haggle, umd, concentration, etc. It was pretty funny.

So if someone did STK on casual 1000 times, would you tell them "Congrats" or "So what?"

Internetisrsbsn
06-26-2010, 06:14 PM
You sure are a bucket of sunshine (http://derbyimages.woot.com/nevetnod/I_got_a_bucket,_got_a_bucketful_of_sunshine...-o810j9-d.jpg)!

To OP-Congratz!

Ph

I'm more like an ocean of sunshine. That is when people aren't bragging about something as trivial as doing 1000 raids.

kamimitsu
06-26-2010, 06:15 PM
So if someone did STK on casual 1000 times, would you tell them "Congrats" or "So what?"

I've congratulated people for making 1000 forum posts. Let me know when you get there, and I'll be happy to do the same for you.

Internetisrsbsn
06-26-2010, 06:16 PM
I've congratulated people for making 1000 forum posts. Let me know when you get there, and I'll be happy to do the same for you.

Ok. I don't think doing STK that much means anything, though. lol

Philam
06-26-2010, 06:18 PM
I'm more like an ocean of sunshine. That is when people aren't bragging about something as trivial as doing 1000 raids.

So what. Does that ruin your day? Are you going to loose sleep? Or did you just feel like trolling someones thread and putting down something that they are proud of?

Have a Coke (http://ryanflood.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/coke.jpg) and a smile and chill out!

Ph

Again to OP-congratz!

herzkos
06-26-2010, 06:20 PM
Way to go OP

Okay. So you can't refute what I said. Thanks for clearing that up.

he could refute it easily, the point is your input wasn't worth a substantial reply.
I am only replying this much to tell you that you're goin on the ignore list

Internetisrsbsn
06-26-2010, 06:20 PM
So what. Does that ruin your day? Are you going to loose sleep? Or did you just feel like trolling someones thread and putting down something that they are proud of?

Have a Coke (http://ryanflood.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/coke.jpg) and a smile and chill out!

Ph

Again to OP-congratz!

No. I just think it's stupid to brag about doing 1000 raids especially when metagaming is a big factor in doing that. If the raids were always challenging, then I would congratulate him. That's not the case, of course. Raids get really easy after a while because nothing changes.

Internetisrsbsn
06-26-2010, 06:21 PM
Way to go OP

he could refute it easily, the point is your input wasn't worth a substantial reply.
I am only replying this much to tell you that you're goin on the ignore list

There's an ignore list on the forums? I didn't know that.

kamimitsu
06-26-2010, 06:21 PM
I love that at the top of the page this is printed:

Achievements Have you killed the Reaver for the 100th time? Did you find that uber item you've been hunting for months? Post your achievements here! REMINDER: Forum guidelines apply! Remember to respect your fellow community members.

Seems to me that the OP did exactly what is required to post in this forum.

Philam
06-26-2010, 06:22 PM
No. I just think it's stupid to brag about doing 1000 raids especially when metagaming is a big factor in doing that. If the raids were always challenging, then I would congratulate him. That's not the case, of course. Raids get really easy after a while because nothing changes.

Lighten up (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrllCZw8jiM)!:D

Ph

Internetisrsbsn
06-26-2010, 06:24 PM
I love that at the top of the page this is printed:

Seems to me that the OP did exactly what is required to post in this forum.

Doesn't mean I agree with it, though.

Internetisrsbsn
06-26-2010, 06:25 PM
Lighten up (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrllCZw8jiM)!:D

Ph

What movie was that? I was expecting a song. lol

sirdanile
06-26-2010, 06:38 PM

Ah...he thinks stk is a raid...that would explain this whole mess. XD

*edit* Second person to make my ignore list as well...

Internetisrsbsn
06-26-2010, 06:41 PM
Ah...he thinks stk is a raid...that would explain this whole mess. XD

*edit* Second person to make my ignore list as well...

Ok. Switch that with Tempest Spine. Same thing. Both are very easy quests, especially when you do them 100 times. I never said STK is a raid btw.

stopdying
06-26-2010, 06:49 PM
Internetisrsbsn, well what exactly is an achievement in your opinion? And have you actually achieved anything of noteworthyness?

bruha118
06-26-2010, 06:57 PM
1st congratz to op goolan for his great accomplishment

2nd congratz to internetisrsbsn for offically becomin the a$$ hat of this thread with using no skill at all.

WAY TO GO GUYS!!

Goolan
06-26-2010, 06:58 PM
Internetisrsbsn, well what exactly is an achievement in your opinion? And have you actually achieved anything of noteworthyness?

We really shouldn't feed the trolls....especially one that is too cowardly to give us his character names and server. The best thing we can do is to stop replying to him. Poor kid.

gott_ist_tot
So, you come to your friend newly refurbished house and you tell him how you could do better, and how the lamp doesn't match the color of the walls. Do you feel better now? Good. Just know when you tried to ruin his day for no reason other than to prove you're right. And you're probably not a welcome guest anymore. Desperately trying to show up where you're not wanted is pitiful and you might as well stop.

Gratz Goolan!

Internetisrsbsn

I think it's impossible to achieve anything of noteworthiness in a video game because it is not productive. I only play games for fun, not to be recognized.

Anyways, an achievment to me is an action that is productive and impressive at the same time. An example would be saving people in a housefire. That is an achievment because you have to be brave to run into a house that is burning(because you are risking your life) and saving people's lives is very productive. Raiding in a video game is not productive, only impressive if said raid is hard.

Edit: An achievment to me is also something that is very difficult, like climbing Mt. Everest.

Internetisrsbsn
06-26-2010, 06:59 PM
We really shouldn't feed the trolls....especially one that is too cowardly to give us his character names and server. The best thing we can do is to stop replying to him. Poor kid.

Drakunius the Defender- Ghallanda. There you go. That's the only toon I play right now anyways and that's only when my friend is over. Playing solo is boring to me.

Internetisrsbsn
06-26-2010, 07:00 PM
So, you come to your friend newly refurbished house and you tell him how you could do better, and how the lamp doesn't match the color of the walls. Do you feel better now? Good. Just know when you tried to ruin his day for no reason other than to prove you're right. And you're probably not a welcome guest anymore. Desperately trying to show up where you're not wanted is pitiful and you might as well stop.

Gratz Goolan!

I would never do that. I'm not compaining about anything here.

Maegin
06-26-2010, 07:08 PM
Ignore is such a valuable tool. :)

Anyways grats on the achievement!!!

The time/energy you must have invested to raise a single toon over time must have been a lot and worthy of a milestone none of which but 1-2 people actually follwed through and achieved! very nice job!!! +1 for your commitment!!

Captain_Wizbang
06-26-2010, 07:09 PM
Hey intersection or whatever your name is.

How old are you?

Does your mother know you are on her computer?

and why are you here? Shouldnt you be playing some other game?

Now leave our forums before you get multi reported, or worse yet, made a bigger fool of than you are doing yourself!

lemonarian
06-26-2010, 07:09 PM
Just let it go guys. Obvious troll is obvious.

OP: Holy ****.. nice work bro. That's really all there is to say on my part. Can't really wrap my head around it really, heh. Keep it up!

Internetisrsbsn
06-26-2010, 07:12 PM
Hey intersection or whatever your name is.

How old are you?

Does your mother know you are on her computer?

and why are you here? Shouldnt you be playing some other game?

Now leave our forums before you get multi reported, or worse yet, made a bigger fool of than you are doing yourself!

1. 15
2. Yes.
3. A.Because the thread interested me. B. No. I don't have to play some other game.

Multi-reported? Lol.

Internetisrsbsn
06-26-2010, 07:12 PM
Just let it go guys. Obvious troll is obvious.

OP: Holy ****.. nice work bro. That's really all there is to say on my part. Can't really wrap my head around it really, heh. Keep it up!

I'm not a troll. I don't know how many times I have to say this.

Gunga
06-26-2010, 07:19 PM
I'm not a troll. I don't know how many times I have to say this.

Troll is as Troll does.

Waukeen
06-26-2010, 07:23 PM
Truely an awesome achievement!

Congrats man, well done.

I hit one hundred shrouds on 3 toons and was amazed.

Those numbers = detication

I am glad you have the gear to make it all worthwhile.

Internetisrsbsn
06-26-2010, 07:24 PM
Troll is as Troll does.

You guys are getting a bit annoying as all you are doing is calling me a troll. Why is it that I get called a troll just for expressing my opinion? I think that doing 1000 raids is no big deal. You guys obviously do. Why do you have a problem with my opinion?

Edit: I'm going to stop posting if all you guys will do is call me a troll. I'm trying to actually have a discussion but you guys obviously aren't.

Captain_Wizbang
06-26-2010, 07:25 PM
1. 15
2. Yes.
3. A.Because the thread interested me. B. No. I don't have to play some other game.

Multi-reported? Lol.

I rest my case!

Thread closed! But not with out a worthy going away present for a real immature WoW player, that came here because its free, and cant afford any monthly sub cost .

http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm299/chefricochet/th_trolls.gif?t=1277598312
(http://s299.photobucket.com/albums/mm299/chefricochet/?action=view&current=trolls.gif)

Internetisrsbsn
06-26-2010, 07:27 PM
I rest my case!

Thread closed! But not with out a worthy going away present for a real immature WoW player, that came here because its free, and cant afford any monthly sub cost .

http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm299/chefricochet/th_trolls.gif?t=1277598312
(http://s299.photobucket.com/albums/mm299/chefricochet/?action=view&current=trolls.gif)

How old are you? And why do you assume that I play WoW? I don't play this game just because it's free. I play it to have fun.

Khanyth
06-26-2010, 07:41 PM
You guys are getting a bit annoying as all you are doing is calling me a troll. Why is it that I get called a troll just for expressing my opinion? I think that doing 1000 raids is no big deal. You guys obviously do. Why do you have a problem with my opinion?

Edit: I'm going to stop posting if all you guys will do is call me a troll. I'm trying to actually have a discussion but you guys obviously aren't.

People have a problem with your opinion, because you posted in a thread about someone's accomplishment, that it wasn't that big of an accomplishment. Many people think this is a good, if not a great, accomplishment.

Furthermore, because you won't let it go and because you have your own definition of what an "achievement" is, you are being called a troll.

That help?

To the OP: grats on the 1k

stopdying
06-26-2010, 07:49 PM
a·chieve·ment (-chvmnt)
n.
1. The act of accomplishing or finishing.
2. Something accomplished successfully, especially by means of exertion, skill, practice, or perseverance.

Well this certainly is one of those.
Congrats Goolan!

Internetisrsbsn
06-26-2010, 07:49 PM
People have a problem with your opinion, because you posted in a thread about someone's accomplishment, that it wasn't that big of an accomplishment. Many people think this is a good, if not a great, accomplishment.

Furthermore, because you won't let it go and because you have your own definition of what an "achievement" is, you are being called a troll.

That help?

To the OP: grats on the 1k

Then they need to get it through their heads that I'm not a troll.

The reason I won't let it go is because you guys keep insisting that I'm wrong.

Internetisrsbsn
06-26-2010, 07:51 PM
a·chieve·ment (-chvmnt)
n.
1. The act of accomplishing or finishing.
2. Something accomplished successfully, especially by means of exertion, skill, practice, or perseverance.

Well this certainly is one of those.
Congrats Goolan!

But doing 1000 raids is not all that important...

stopdying
06-26-2010, 07:52 PM
Internetisrsbsn, many people see it as rude to express something other than praise for an achievement, especially in someones else's thread. One day when you're old enough you'll understand all this but, until then, just let it go and move along young man.

stopdying
06-26-2010, 07:53 PM

Important wasn't one of the words used to define an achievement, and nothing you've said in this thread has been important either.

Internetisrsbsn
06-26-2010, 07:54 PM
Internetisrsbsn, many people see it as rude to express something other than praise for an achievement, especially in someones else's thread. One day when you're old enough you'll understand all this but, until then, just let it go and move along young man.

There is no reason to praise someone for metagaming to get 1000 raids done.

Internetisrsbsn
06-26-2010, 07:54 PM
Neither is anything you've said.

I never said that my comments were important.

samthedagger
06-26-2010, 07:55 PM
This thread:

Goolan: Hey everyone! I just did something no one else has ever done!
Posters: Congrats!
Troll: It's time for a feast!
Posters: Go away troll!
Troll: nom nom nom
Posters: Why are you feeding on our anger? You're so inconsiderate!
Troll: nom nom nom nom nom nom
Posters: Go away! You're lame. You don't even know what you are doing!
Troll: nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom

We can continue until we hit nom^1000. Would that be an accomplishment?

Ignore the troll, everyone.

Internetisrsbsn
06-26-2010, 07:57 PM
This thread:

I'm not a troll so this model fails.

samthedagger
06-26-2010, 07:59 PM
nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom

Mhykke
06-26-2010, 08:00 PM
I'm going to stop posting if all you guys will do is call me a troll.

Troll.

D-molisher
06-26-2010, 08:01 PM
Gz Goolan, way to go.

If it was me, i would have quit DDO out off sheer boredom.
Doing stuff over & over like an old broken record.

stopdying
Internetisrsbsn if you had the perserverence to complete a task like the achievement Goolan has completed then, your words might have merit. Since all you attempt to do is belittle said achievement without any accomplishment of your own, it makes you look like a forum troll, which is not an achievement.

DaggomaticDwarf
Pick any one of em they all fit
Definition of a troll http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=troll

Well maybe not #5 lol

Internetisrsbsn
nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Kac9jxGkbe4/SWnxD_Thm6I/AAAAAAAAASw/aLapUNF-LU8/s400/nom-nom-nom.jpg

***. The IMG thing is on and it won't show the picture.

samthedagger
06-26-2010, 08:03 PM
Someone polymorphed the troll into a bunny!

Internetisrsbsn
06-26-2010, 08:04 PM
Pick any one of em they all fit
Definition of a troll http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=troll

I know what a troll is and I know I'm not a troll.

Stormanne
06-26-2010, 08:05 PM
Well, Internetissrsbsns or whatever your name is. A couple of things to help you obviously lacking education.

1 - Different things are important to different people.

2 - Just because this doesn't mean squat to you doesn't make your opinion more valid than the OP or any of the other posters in this thread.

3 - In life, you are going to be wrong. Sometimes it will be definitively wrong. Other times, contextually.

4 - Trying to "be real" is just another way of saying, so what. Which is a valid opinion, but not one worth posting unless you are looking for attention.

5 - It is not your opinion that makes you a troll. It is how you go about expressing and trying to justify your opinion that makes you a troll. You purposefully are trying to rain on someones parade just because you can. That is being a troll.

6 - And to put the finishing touches on this. Remember, at one point in time, you just not taking a dump in your own pants was considered an accomplishment. And while that was an accomplishment to you and your family, to the rest of the world, no one gave a sheet.

Internetisrsbsn
06-26-2010, 08:05 PM
Someone polymorphed the troll into a bunny!

I was just trying to post a cute/funny picture but it won't work.... but I'm still not a troll.

Mhykke
06-26-2010, 08:06 PM
I was just trying to post a cute/funny picture but it won't work.... but I'm still not a troll.

Well the good news is that when you figure out how to post a picture, you'll have yourself a nice little achievement, won't ya.....

stopdying
06-26-2010, 08:07 PM
Internetisrsbsn
Here is an idea for you, why don't you make your own thread about how you got a character all the way to level 10.

http://my.ddo.com/character/ghallanda/drakunius/

Internetisrsbsn
06-26-2010, 08:08 PM
Well, Internetissrsbsns or whatever your name is. A couple of things to help you obviously lacking education.

1 - Different things are important to different people.

2 - Just because this doesn't mean squat to you doesn't make your opinion more valid than the OP or any of the other posters in this thread.

3 - In life, you are going to be wrong. Sometimes it will be definitively wrong. Other times, contextually.

4 - Trying to "be real" is just another way of saying, so what. Which is a valid opinion, but not one worth posting unless you are looking for attention.

5 - It is not your opinion that makes you a troll. It is how you go about expressing and trying to justify your opinion that makes you a troll. You purposefully are trying to rain on someones parade just because you can. That is being a troll.

6 - And to put the finishing touches on this. Remember, at one point in time, you just not taking a dump in your own pants was considered an accomplishment. And while that was an accomplishment to you and your family, to the rest of the world, no one game a sheet.

1-3= True
4-6= False

That last sentence made no sense, really. I never found using the bathroom an achievment.

samthedagger
This Thread (redux):

Troll: Yar! I'm hungry!
Posters: You're a troll!
Troll: Am not!
Posters: Are too!
Troll: Am not!
Posters: Are too!
etc...

Once we hit Am Not/Are Too^1000 I think that will also be an accomplishment.

Internetisrsbsn
Internetisrsbsn
Here is an idea for you, why don't you make your own thread about how you got a character all the way to level 10.

Why should I? I'm not VIP so of course I'm not going to level fast.

DaggomaticDwarf
06-26-2010, 08:10 PM
Well the good news is that when you figure out how to post a picture, you'll have yourself a nice little achievement, won't ya.....

+1 for the lol

cm2_supernova
06-26-2010, 08:10 PM
This thread:

tee hee

Internetisrsbsn
06-26-2010, 08:14 PM
Internetisrsbsn

Ok I just saw my character sheet and it is WAY off.

Firstly, stats. My real stats are:

Str: 23 (18 base with +5 item)
Con: 14
Dex: 14
Intel: 8 (I think)
Wis: 8
Cha: 14 (16 with Charismatic Cloack of Resistance)

The AC is wrong too. It should be 32 or something like that because of my Protection +3 item. That is my 2h set btw. I have a way higher AC with my shield.

cm2_supernova
06-26-2010, 08:14 PM
So by your logic someone who runs a marathon didnt really accomplish anything other than grinding out a bunch of step.

Actually it is quite an accomplishment to complete 1000 raids considering that you can epic fail a lot of them. I know I wont complete 1000 raids because I dont devote that much time to the game. Dedication is something to be recognized.

Congrats on the accomplishment.

stop. feeding. the. troll.

Stormanne
06-26-2010, 08:17 PM
Oh, Internet, I forgot one more thing...

7 - And on these forums, just because you disable the visual aspect of Reputation, it does not turn it off. So, even though we cannot see how many red boxes your have garnered from this, they are still very much there. Get too many, and your posts will have to be moderator approved before being visible...

and, as one who can hand it out... -1

Ok, all out of troll treats. Sorry cmSupernova, my box was a little larger than I thought...

Gunga
06-26-2010, 08:17 PM
Ok I just saw my character sheet and it is WAY off.

Firstly, stats. My real stats are:

Str: 23 (18 base with +5 item)
Con: 14
Dex: 14
Intel: 8 (I think)
Wis: 8
Cha: 14 (16 with Charismatic Cloack of Resistance)

The AC is wrong too. It should be 32 or something like that because of my Protection +3 item. That is my 2h set btw. I have a way higher AC with my shield.

:D

cool story bro

Internetisrsbsn
06-26-2010, 08:18 PM
So by your logic someone who runs a marathon didnt really accomplish anything other than grinding out a bunch of step.

Actually it is quite an accomplishment to complete 1000 raids considering that you can epic fail a lot of them. I know I wont complete 1000 raids because I dont devote that much time to the game. Dedication is something to be recognized.

Congrats on the accomplishment.

Running a marathon requires a lot of stamina and dedication. Not every joe can run the marathon. Every joe can do 1000 raids if they have the time to.

cm2_supernova
06-26-2010, 08:18 PM

Gah...Im so close!! :D

Internetisrsbsn
06-26-2010, 08:19 PM

cool story bro

I'm just explaining what my character stats are since someone used the false ones against me.

Vynnt
I think it's impossible to achieve anything of noteworthiness in a video game because it is not productive. I only play games for fun, not to be recognized.

Anyways, an achievment to me is an action that is productive and impressive at the same time. An example would be saving people in a housefire. That is an achievment because you have to be brave to run into a house that is burning(because you are risking your life) and saving people's lives is very productive. Raiding in a video game is not productive, only impressive if said raid is hard.

Edit: An achievment to me is also something that is very difficult, like climbing Mt. Everest.
So they should just remove the Achievements section of the forums. You can't achieve anything in a video game, so why have it?

Achievements are relative. It means something different to different people. To you, it might mean saving people from a fire, to others, doing something meaningless. Whether its getting 1000 completions, hitting level 20, graduating high school, or getting your first job, you achieved something, and it means something different for every person.

Just because it's meaningless or pointless to you, doesn't mean its not important to others. To me, working for something to complete a goal, and hitting it, is an achievement.

Gunga

How much more do you need?

Internetisrsbsn
06-26-2010, 08:20 PM
Oh, Internet, I forgot one more thing...

7 - And on these forums, just because you disable the visual aspect of Reputation, it does not turn it off. So, even though we cannot see how many red boxes your have garnered from this, they are still very much there. Get too many, and your posts will have to be moderator approved before being visible...

Ok, all out of troll treats. Sorry cmSupernova, my box was a little larger than I thought...

Thanks for that bit of information. I really didn't know that.

cm2_supernova
06-26-2010, 08:21 PM
I'm just explaining what my character stats are since someone used the false ones against me.

can you explain 25% fort on a level 10 toon?

How much more do you need?

like 100 or something like that

Gunga

I know exactly what you are doing...I'm not so sure that you do, though.

Internetisrsbsn
So they should just remove the Achievements section of the forums. You can't achieve anything in a video game, so why have it?

Achievements are relative. It means something different to different people. To you, it might mean saving people from a fire, to others, doing something meaningless. Whether its getting 1000 completions, hitting level 20, graduating high school, or getting your first job, you achieved something, and it means something different for every person.

Just because it's meaningless or pointless to you, doesn't mean its not important to others. To me, working for something to complete a goal, and hitting it, is an achievement.

No, I am not saying that. That is just my opinion and it's an obviously unpopular one so it would make no sense to delete this section just because of me...

Internetisrsbsn
06-26-2010, 08:22 PM
I know exactly what you are doing...I'm not so sure that you do, though.

What do you mean?

Gunga
06-26-2010, 08:23 PM
What do you mean?

It's good to ask questions.

This is how you learn.

Internetisrsbsn
06-26-2010, 08:23 PM
can you explain 25% fort on a level 10 toon?

Yes I can. It's very simple actually. I have never found a moderate or heavy fort item. Explanation done.

Edit: Since you want to pick on me about that, I will search the AH for a heavy fort item.

Internetisrsbsn
06-26-2010, 08:24 PM
It's good to ask questions.

This is how you learn.

But you aren't answering my question. lol

samthedagger
06-26-2010, 08:27 PM
I was gonna make a picture of a troll eating broccoli, but I'm not up to it. It just seems appropriate for this thread somehow.

D-molisher
06-26-2010, 08:29 PM

+1 sir >>> that should help you some.

cm2_supernova
06-26-2010, 08:31 PM
Yes I can. It's very simple actually. I have never found a moderate or heavy fort item. Explanation done.

Edit: Since you want to pick on me about that, I will search the AH for a heavy fort item.

Dont do it for me man...do it for your parties

Internetisrsbsn
06-26-2010, 08:32 PM
Dont do it for me man...do it for your parties

The only Heavy Fort item I have found so far is a robe. That kind of ruins my AC. I will keep searching anyhow.

cm2_supernova
06-26-2010, 08:34 PM
The only Heavy Fort item I have found so far is a robe. That kind of ruins my AC. I will keep searching anyhow.

Since your on Ghallanda I can actually mail you one if you need...even moderate fort is waaaay better

Vynnt
06-26-2010, 08:39 PM
Since your on Ghallanda I can actually mail you one if you need...even moderate fort is waaaay better
I just realized that you and Internetisrsbsn are different people. When I read forum posts, I only glance at the avatar -_-

Up until now, I thought he was talking to himself hahah

Internetisrsbsn
06-26-2010, 08:41 PM

I found a moderate fort item but it is for halflings and the UMD check is 16. It's such a low price too....

Ughh
06-26-2010, 08:41 PM
1) OP great job, Have been here since beta and have multiple toons and yes a LOT of raid completions but 1000 is quite impressive to say the least. +1 to you

2) Ok using the logic regarding an achievement proposed by a certain poster.... When Babe Ruth, Then Hank Aaron.. then Barry Bonds...etc etc broke the all time home run records, this was not an achievement, And when Bear Bryant, then Joe Paterno, etc etc. set all time football wins records, these too were not achievements. Or when Jeff Kolodzinski caught 1,648 fish in a 24 hour period of time and was given a lifetime achievement award by Guiness, these are not really achievements because they were just wasting their time doing something that could happen with diligence. Hey anyone could eventually amass the skill to win 346 college football games, or catch 1600 fish.

3) definition of achievement:
achievement
noun
1. accomplishment, effort, feat, deed, stroke, triumph, act, attainment, feather in your cap ........ DONE
2. The act of accomplishing or finishing.......... DONE
3. Something accomplished successfully, especially by means of exertion, skill, practice, or perseverance.......DONE

every part of the definition of achievement is a direct description of what the OP did. So his accomplishment could actually be seen as a synonym for achievement.

once again WELL DONE OP

Internetisrsbsn
06-26-2010, 08:47 PM
I just realized that you and Internetisrsbsn are different people. When I read forum posts, I only glance at the avatar -_-

Up until now, I thought he was talking to himself hahah

That's pretty funny.

Internetisrsbsn
06-26-2010, 08:49 PM
TL;DR

We are over that now. The discussion has switched over to me trying to find a moderate/heavy fort item for my fighter...

Internetisrsbsn
06-26-2010, 08:50 PM

What kind of item is it? Like bracers, cloak, etc.

Khanyth
06-26-2010, 08:59 PM
We are over that now. The discussion has switched over to me trying to find a moderate/heavy fort item for my fighter...

Then start a new thread...

This one is about celebrating a great achievement..... not hijacking it into a gear one.

Internetisrsbsn
06-26-2010, 09:02 PM
Then start a new thread...

This one is about celebrating a great achievement..... not hijacking it into a gear one.

/slit wrist. What if I want to talk about my fighter here? :(

Ughh
06-26-2010, 09:02 PM
then Start A New Thread...

This One Is About Celebrating A Great Achievement..... Not Hijacking It Into A Gear One.

+1

Khanyth
06-26-2010, 09:10 PM
/slit wrist. What if I want to talk about my fighter here? :(

Then you'll be called a hijacker?

That one, you won't be able to refute.

Khanyth
06-26-2010, 09:11 PM
+1

Thanks.... never been before... always wanted to be

Internetisrsbsn
06-26-2010, 09:16 PM
Then you'll be called a hijacker?

That one, you won't be able to refute.

Not really. There have been a total of maybe 6 posts about my fighter in this thread...

Edit: Since the guy isn't responding I will post a new thread.

Khanyth
06-26-2010, 09:22 PM
Not really. There have been a total of maybe 6 posts about my fighter in this thread...

Edit: Since the guy isn't responding I will post a new thread.

Or send a PM?

Internetisrsbsn
06-26-2010, 09:40 PM
Or send a PM?

I guess I will.

Arkat
06-26-2010, 10:00 PM

This isn't the "Done Important Stuff" thread either.

Go away please.

Internetisrsbsn
06-26-2010, 10:03 PM
This isn't the "Done Important Stuff" thread either.

Go away please.

My opinion has already been stated. No reason to continue arguing with you guys.

Gunga
06-26-2010, 10:03 PM
My opinion has already been stated. No reason to continue arguing with you guys.

As you continue arguing.

You're still here?

Sweyn
06-26-2010, 10:05 PM
This is not really an accomplishment.

You're right, it is posted in the Achievements section, therefor, it is an Achievement.

Sweyn
06-26-2010, 10:06 PM
You can't neg rep me. I disabled it for a reason.

You cannot disable rep, you can only opt to not show it. People are still able to give you positive and negative rep.

Sweyn
06-26-2010, 10:06 PM
I never once claimed I was cool or a badass. I have no clue where you got that.

It's called my opinion

Captain_Wizbang
06-26-2010, 10:07 PM
As you continue arguing.

You're still here?

Dont worry gunga, Im getting zorro after this guy!

http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm299/chefricochet/zorro.jpg?t=1277607987

Sweyn
06-26-2010, 10:07 PM

1,000 raids is not the same as STK, it's like comparing apples to oranges

Sweyn
06-26-2010, 10:09 PM
No. I just think it's stupid to brag about doing 1000 raids

He's not bragging, he is posting an achievement, that's what this sections is for!

Sweyn
06-26-2010, 10:11 PM

To some people it might be

Internetisrsbsn
06-26-2010, 10:11 PM
As you continue arguing.

You're still here?

I'm not trying to argue. lol

Internetisrsbsn
06-26-2010, 10:13 PM
It's called my opinion

You can't state an opinion like a fact.

Internetisrsbsn
06-26-2010, 10:13 PM

Doesn't mean it's important.

Internetisrsbsn
06-26-2010, 10:15 PM
Dont worry gunga, Im getting zorro after this guy!

http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm299/chefricochet/zorro.jpg?t=1277607987

That's a cool looking dog. You don't need to be in my Marketplace thread, though.

Internetisrsbsn
06-26-2010, 10:16 PM
He's not bragging, he is posting an achievement, that's what this sections is for!

Which is essentially bragging.

Arkat
06-26-2010, 10:16 PM

By who's standards? Yours?

Sweyn
06-26-2010, 10:18 PM

Internetisrsbsn
06-26-2010, 10:20 PM
By who's standards? Yours?

No. It's by anyone's standards if they actually have standards.

Internetisrsbsn
06-26-2010, 10:21 PM

Again, that doesn't make it important.

Arkat
06-26-2010, 10:23 PM
No. It's by anyone who actually has standards standard's.

/Fail

Circular logic

Define important

Sweyn
06-26-2010, 10:24 PM

Again, it might be important to some people? Are you the one who gets to define "What's important"?

Bacab
06-26-2010, 10:26 PM
One when you talked about your fighter to make him seem good...

It just outed you as being an ultra-gimped noob.

Gunga was kind enough to point that out.

Also, if you felt this was not an accomplishment...keep your mouth shut. Apply this lesson to real life...
EXAMPLES
It is not ok to shout out at a wedding that the Bride is fat.
It is not ok to shout that the Groom has a drinking problem.
It is not ok to shout at a body-builder that he does steroids.
*All of these oversights will earn you an a$$whipping.

Maybe as you get older you will learn to think before you talk or post.

Now go back and count all the post you have in this thread...

Why have you taken Goolan's moment in the sun and redirected the attention on you?

Do you not *feel* there is something inherently wrong with that?

You very likely will get this thread locked and you banned.

To Goolan...please maybe make another thread and Interesdjd please do not post in it.

Captain_Wizbang
06-26-2010, 10:27 PM
That's a cool looking dog. You don't need to be in my Marketplace thread, though.

You dont get it noob!
When my dog appears, your rep bar will go down in a big hurry!

You have totally disrespected everybody on the forums, and, you will be flamed accordingly.

NOW LEAVE THIS HONORABLE THREAD ALONE, AND GO START ONE WITH YOUR GARBAGE ELSEWHERE

Illtemperedclavier
06-26-2010, 10:29 PM
Gongratulations OP, that is an incredible feat.

Listen: the roar of 1000 fans subtly drowning out the sound of 1 lonely, innefectual, dissenter.

Internetisrsbsn
06-26-2010, 10:31 PM
One when you talked about your fighter to make him seem good...

It just outed you as being an ultra-gimped noob.

Gunga was kind enough to point that out.

Also, if you felt this was not an accomplishment...keep your mouth shut. Apply this lesson to real life...
EXAMPLES
It is not ok to shout out at a wedding that the Bride is fat.
It is not ok to shout that the Groom has a drinking problem.
It is not ok to shout at a body-builder that he does steroids.
*All of these oversights will earn you an a$$whipping.

Maybe as you get older you will learn to think before you talk or post.

Now go back and count all the post you have in this thread...

Why have you taken Goolan's moment in the sun and redirected the attention on you?

Do you not *feel* there is something inherently wrong with that?

You very likely will get this thread locked and you banned.

To Goolan...please maybe make another thread and Interesdjd please do not post in it.

I never said my fighter was good. It is my first time trying to level a fighter anyways.

Internetisrsbsn
06-26-2010, 10:31 PM
You dont get it noob!
When my dog appears, your rep bar will go down in a big hurry!

You have totally disrespected everybody on the forums, and, you will be flamed accordingly.

NOW LEAVE THIS HONORABLE THREAD ALONE, AND GO START ONE WITH YOUR GARBAGE ELSEWHERE

No, no I won't.

Nyvn
06-26-2010, 11:03 PM
Congrats Goolan, very unique accomplishment.

Megaton_Samurai
06-26-2010, 11:04 PM
There is no reason to praise someone for metagaming to get 1000 raids done.

It's simply a milestone he reached that has meaning in this game's community. I doubt this is on his facebook.

I guess someone doesn't have birthday parties.

Internetisrsbsn
06-26-2010, 11:15 PM
It's simply a milestone he reached that has meaning in this game's community. I doubt this is on his facebook.

I guess someone doesn't have birthday parties.

I do have birthday parties, just not really big ones.

Stormanne
06-26-2010, 11:27 PM
Gary Larson would be proud of you Internet...
http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o144/rapax021/FarSide.jpg

atkbeast
06-27-2010, 06:05 AM
Grats on the 1k raids Goolan.

As far as Internetisrsbsn goes, I guess he considers Cal Ripkin and Brett Favre's games played streaks meaningless as well, because what's so important about playing a few consecutive games over many years.

You state that 1000 raids is unimportant as though it is a fact, when it is just your opinion. Comparing Tempest Spine to the raids that Goolna accumulated is apples to oranges. TS can be run as often as you wish every day. The rest of the raids in the game have timers on them that limit you to 1 completion every 3 days. And the raids do get changed. Ask any vet about the history of VON or the Abbott.

pSINNa
06-27-2010, 06:17 AM
M8, i don't know you, haven't grouped with you, but still, have to congratulate you.

I've been accused of being a rabid power gamer, having clocked up my 500 raids (across ALL toons, not on one!) in the 9 months since i've started playing, and can really appreciate the dedication that 1000 completes on a single toon would require.

Persistance is a very underated virtue, and one you have in spades.

Again, congrats, you've given me a new yardstick to measure my own dedication to raiding against. :)

Coit out~

MysteryNotes
06-27-2010, 06:37 AM
Awesome accomplishment dude!
Now go take a screenie of all the raid loot you have so we can all drool over it!

Gulnar13
06-27-2010, 06:48 AM
The thing that impress me the most is the fact that you have over 40 abbots.

So you grinded on the same raids 1000 times. Congrats? I don't see what is so special about that. It just means you spend too much time playing the game.... That's like bragging about being fully geared in WoW. Sure you have the best gear but all that means is that you played WoW long enough to get the gear. It doesn't take skill or anything.

You roll a 1: critical failure at life.

Just the 43 abbots shows more skill than you'll ever achieve, in your whole life.

Emili
06-27-2010, 07:00 AM
Congratz Goolan. :)

Great job, haven't even reached a 100 yet. So.... when you are you gonna TR this guy?
If like me is reluctant to pull the plug til he has that one bloody dam replacement tome he needs banked to spec the toon the way he intends in TR.

wax_on_wax_off
06-27-2010, 08:25 AM
Congrats Goolan!

I just want to point out that the trolls assertion that he could rack up 1000 raids on one character is blatantly wrong for 1 simple reason.

He doesn't have enough friends!

I guess he could be the first person to run a 1000 raids solo?

KannyaAryien
06-27-2010, 08:44 AM
Mega congrats on that...you must have a lot of dedication to run that many raids. :)

Spisey
06-27-2010, 08:47 AM
And I though 500 on a 2 year old toon was doing good.....

Very nice achievement! ;)

Crazyfruit
06-27-2010, 08:53 AM
Congrats Goolan :) So after all of those, is there any raid loot you're still missing?

UnderwearModel
06-27-2010, 08:53 AM
I think your character look is pretty intimidating.

This is a feat I will never accomplish.

Andrewii
06-27-2010, 09:04 AM
you need to check with vikconis i am sure he has been over 1000 for awhile i maybe wrong i know he has over 200 titan, shroud and reaver not sure on rest will have to check with him but congrats 1000 is alot of work great job bud

doomgiver13
06-27-2010, 10:36 AM
Another GZ to add to the pile Goo!!! You're one heckuva dedicated dude.

Goolan
06-27-2010, 11:36 AM
Thanks to everybody for the compliments. This teenage troll has not ruined this for me, in any way. Seriously, I feel sorry for the little guy. Hopefully he will stick around and learn the game a little better.

I would rather not post my raid loot, and 15 tier3 items. It was never my intention to brag, just to announce a milestone.

ddaedelus
06-27-2010, 12:27 PM
Thanks to everybody for the compliments. This teenage troll has not ruined this for me, in any way. Seriously, I feel sorry for the little guy. Hopefully he will stick around and learn the game a little better.

I would rather not post my raid loot, and 15 tier3 items. It was never my intention to brag, just to announce a milestone.

I don't believe there's any need to defend yourself here. Congrats. :)

And besides, your thread gave me my first forum ignore! woot!

Yoduus
06-27-2010, 12:38 PM
well done mate 1000 raid is 1000 raids, watever they might be

Internetisrsbsn
06-27-2010, 12:42 PM

Right. Whatever you say. You aren't bragging yet you go to the forums to tell everyone that you did 1000 raids.

darkrune
06-27-2010, 12:43 PM
You guys are getting a bit annoying as all you are doing is calling me a troll.

you are a troll! you are a troll! you are a troll! you are a troll! you are a troll! you are a troll!

Is that enough to make you either A) grow up and act like a teenager rather than a child, or B) go away as you promised??

I also wish I had enough rep to neg rep many of your posts as you are a childish troll that needs to have his parents teach him some manners. You rude little child, if you were mine you would be grounded for stupidity.

PS. To the OP gratz on the achievement as what you accomplished was a feat of dedication to your toon, no matter what the trolls say.

Internetisrsbsn
06-27-2010, 12:43 PM
you are a troll! you are a troll! you are a troll! you are a troll! you are a troll! you are a troll!

Is that enough to make you either A) grow up and act like a teenager rather than a child, or B) go away as you promised??

I also wish I had enough rep to neg rep many of your posts as you are a childish troll that needs to have his parents teach him some manners. You rude little child, if you were mine you would be grounded for stupidity.

Lol. How am I acting like a child?

Gunga
06-27-2010, 12:59 PM
Lol. How am I acting like a child?

I saw what you did there.

Gotta admit, not bad for a teen. A hyper adult made it easy for you, but a less aware troll-in-training might have missed it.

You've got great promise, young tadpole.

Your next moderate accomplishment will be to absorb the infractions and timeout you're about to receive tomorrow morning without so much as a hiccup in your annoying forum personality.

It won't be as cool an accomplishment as Gool's, but an accomplishment none the less.

Internetisrsbsn
06-27-2010, 01:03 PM
I saw what you did there.

Gotta admit, not bad for a teen. A hyper adult made it easy for you, but a less aware troll-in-training might have missed it.

You've got great promise, young tadpole.

Your next moderate accomplishment will be to absorb the infractions and timeout you're about to receive tomorrow morning without so much as a hiccup in your annoying forum personality.

It won't be as cool an accomplishment as Gool's, but an accomplishment none the less.

Ok.

AyumiAmakusa
06-27-2010, 03:28 PM
Right. Whatever you say. You aren't bragging yet you go to the forums to tell everyone that you did 1000 raids.

Dude, what is your problem? Why can't you leave the OP alone. Yes, 1000 raids is an achievement. Not every achievement is done by skill alone. Time is also a factor. Here's a definition from http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/achievement

–noun
1. something accomplished, esp. by superior ability, special effort, great courage, etc.; a great or heroic deed: his remarkable achievements in art.
2. act of achieving; attainment or accomplishment: the achievement of one's object.
3. Heraldry . the full display of the armorial bearings of an individual or corporation.

Take a look at the first definition and it says by EFFORT. Sure, to do 1000 raids might not have been a heroic deed but that took EFFORT. If you can't bring yourself to do 1000 raids then you have no right to say that the OP did not achieve something. So keep your opinions to youself because this IS an achievement.

P.S. Congratulations OP.

Daggaz
06-27-2010, 03:39 PM
the sad thing is, I simply called him out as a troll in his other thread where he is begging people for help, and somehow managed to garner a ton of negative rep by folks that automatically root for the "underdog". Not that the rep matters, it just burns me that people dont bother to read both threads before they stick up for some ******. Also. why cant you say ass hat.

Dirty trolls, should just leave them alone.

Awesome accomplishment to the OP tho, still working on my first tier 3 and 20 completions, myself =P

AyumiAmakusa
06-27-2010, 03:51 PM
the sad thing is, I simply called him out as a troll in his other thread where he is begging people for help, and somehow managed to garner a ton of negative rep by folks that automatically root for the "underdog". Not that the rep matters, it just burns me that people dont bother to read both threads before they stick up for some ******. Also. why cant you say ass hat.

Dirty trolls, should just leave them alone.

Awesome accomplishment to the OP tho, still working on my first tier 3 and 20 completions, myself =P

I know why you got neg repped. That's because you were a troll in that other thread. It does not matter that the OP in that thread was a troll in this thread. If you troll in any thread, you deserved a neg rep for that thread. The guy you are talking about may be an ass but it doesn't give you the right to call him names in that other thread. Think about it, why waste time replying to his other thread and getting neg repped?

Daggaz
06-27-2010, 03:55 PM
Lol. I called him out with his own bs when he asked all the other posters to stop ripping on him, since his answer on this thread was "why should I, I dont have to if I dont want to." That is hardly trolling.

Goolan
06-27-2010, 04:33 PM
Lol. I called him out with his own bs when he asked all the other posters to stop ripping on him, since his answer on this thread was "why should I, I dont have to if I dont want to." That is hardly trolling.

I don't want to see you get in trouble over this. He's just a little kid, and it's not that important.

AyumiAmakusa
06-27-2010, 04:39 PM
I don't want to see you get in trouble over this. He's just a little kid, and it's not that important.

Yup. Listen to this ^^^^. The best thing to do with a troll is to ignore it, don't reply to it, and it'll just go away. No point getting yourself in trouble over it.

wolflordnexus
06-27-2010, 05:12 PM
This took alot of work, and I am not aware of anyone having done this before. Thanks to all the players who helped along the way. I'll leave you with my latest glam shot:

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii192/jeffreyalsip/pose3.jpg

As to 1000 raids grats but I believe looking that cool doing it is a bigger accomplishment in this game. :)

zorander6
06-27-2010, 05:40 PM
http://15web.com/Oz/userfiles/CongaRats.gif

Nice going OP, doubt I'd ever have the patience to do that but good job. :)

AyumiAmakusa
06-27-2010, 05:41 PM
To the poster above me twice. Well said!! +1 rep. Also, check this line out.

Achievements Have you killed the Reaver for the 100th time? Did you find that uber item you've been hunting for months? Post your achievements here! REMINDER: Forum guidelines apply! Remember to respect your fellow community members.

It's always on top of the forum page. Clearly 1000 raids is an achievement.

Edit: You people type fast...

Goolan
06-27-2010, 08:23 PM
We all know that the kid transgressed. I prefer to leave it up to the moderators now.

ruffkid43
06-27-2010, 08:52 PM
:D Congratz man! That's a big achievement in my opinion, and the "glam photo" is quite cool.

knightgf
06-27-2010, 11:19 PM
1000 raids...

/calculate = 1000 raids done * ~1 hour each + (1000 * 64 hours) ~= 65,000 hours of raiding.

That equals ~ 2,708.33 days.

That in turn, equals ~ 7.415 years.

Wow! Over 7 years of grinding and you finally get there! You must have been around since alpha to get that done! Well done!

Yoduus
06-27-2010, 11:33 PM
1000 raids...

/calculate = 1000 raids done * ~1 hour each + (1000 * 64 hours) ~= 65,000 hours of raiding.

Wow! Over 7 years of grinding and you finally get there! You must have been around since alpha to get that done! Well done!

your calculation is way off my friend, different raids share different timers, his raid with most completions is at 200something right, so its really 250(making that up off top of my head)*3(roughly ppl still need sleep and work sometimes)=750 days

Goolan
06-27-2010, 11:52 PM
1000 raids...

It SEEMS like seven years sometimes! But I think you have to factor in the fact that there are nine possible raids. Your calculation only assumes that there is only one raid that is being repeated over and over. Beyond that, we have to consider that all of the raids were not there for the whole four years. It gets pretty complicated.

While it is true that I do play "almost" every day, I still go on vacation twice a year, just like everyone else. Now, I am self-employed and work at home, so I may have more hours in the day available to play, then most others do. Additionally, while I do have two other level 20 toons, it is Goolan that does most of the raiding. It seems like, on the average, I complete two raids every day (and anybody can do that, if they WANT to). So If I had maintained that pace, for the last four years, I should have:

365 x 4 = 1460 days
1460 x 2 (raids per day) = 2920 (completions)

Obviously I have missed about 65% of the potential raiding time.

I am assuming that it was NOT your intention to imply that I was lying about the 1000 mark, and had somehow doctored the numbers to perpetrate some kind of scam. Nevertheless, my calculations show that it is not only possible, but that a tireless die-hard raider could have conceivably hit the 1000 mark as long ago as the first two months of 2008 (not taking into consideration which raids became available when). As I said, it's very complicated.